What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jdb case

Status
Not open for further replies.

hewi

Bench
As someone posted earlier there is a 40/50% chance of not guilty on sexual assault cases. Add in that there are 2 males and the one female making the complaint I would think that there will be alot of difficulty proving beyond reasonable doubt. As previously said there will be no winners in this. Very sad.

possm

Coach
As someone posted earlier there is a 40/50% chance of not guilty on sexual assault cases. Add in that there are 2 males and the one female making the complaint I would think that there will be alot of difficulty proving beyond reasonable doubt. As previously said there will be no winners in this. Very sad.

Inviting a handsome celebrity and another man back to your unit for 'coffee' is not a good idea; especially if you flirt with him/them before hand.

De Belin should have been smarter and politely said his partner is having a baby and so he needs to go home to be with her. De Belin should have had more sense. We will find out exactly what happened in the near future when both sides of the story is heard and when the court decides whether to proceed to trial.

Where is the NRL and our Club on this issue. Surely, there needs to be an announcement soon.

Fat Tony Kandos

Juniors
[T]here is a 40/50% chance of not guilty on sexual assault cases.
The statistics for the offence Crimes Act 1900 (NSW), s 61JA Aggravated sexual assault in company are not available.

However, statistics for the offence Crimes Act 1900 (NSW), s 61J Aggravated sexual assault (a lesser offence that Jack de Belin may be found guilty of if not found guilty of the offence that he has been charged with) heard before the New South Wales Criminal Courts in the years 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016 are available (below):

Aggravated sexual assault charges laid 3,464
Aggravated sexual assault charges proven 1,373
Percentage proven 39.6
Defendants with a finalised aggravated sexual assault charge 1,023
Defendants with a proven aggravated sexual assault charge 536
Percentage proven 52.4

Aggravated sexual assault charges laid 3,496
Aggravated sexual assault charges proven 1,628
Percentage proven 46.6
Defendants with a finalised aggravated sexual assault charge 1,083
Defendants with a proven aggravated sexual assault charge 625
Percentage proven 57.7

Aggravated sexual assault charges laid 4,092
Aggravated sexual assault charges proven 1,762
Percentage proven 43.1
Defendants with a finalised aggravated sexual assault charge 1,189
Defendants with a proven aggravated sexual assault charge 654
Percentage proven 55.0

Aggravated sexual assault charges laid 4,467
Aggravated sexual assault charges proven 1,854
Percentage proven 41.5
Defendants with a finalised aggravated sexual assault charge 1,270
Defendants with a proven aggravated sexual assault charge 690
Percentage proven 54.3

Aggravated sexual assault charges laid 5,383
Aggravated sexual assault charges proven 2,566
Percentage proven 47.7
Defendants with a finalised aggravated sexual assault charge 1,419
Defendants with a proven aggravated sexual assault charge 816
Percentage proven 57.5

Source: New South Wales Department of Justice, New South Wales Criminal Court Statistics 2016 (24 May 2017, Bureau of Crime Statistics and Research, <https://www.bocsar.nsw.gov.au/Pages.../mr-NSW-Criminal-Courts-Statistics-2016.aspx>

JDHD

Juniors

The problem with the ‘her word against his’ is she did the right thing and went to the hospital for treatment, which, according to my Aunty (fulltime nurse for 38 years) means they probably would have checked her for injuries and done a DNA swab. If they have DNA evidence from JDB and pictures that suggest she has been injured or forced upon, he’s in massive trouble.

sco22

Juniors
The problem with the ‘her word against his’ is she did the right thing and went to the hospital for treatment, which, according to my Aunty (fulltime nurse for 38 years) means they probably would have checked her for injuries and done a DNA swab. If they have DNA evidence from JDB and pictures that suggest she has been injured or forced upon, he’s in massive trouble.
Authorities do a rape kit

Authorities do a rape kit

Players have too much spare time.

Boozing and recreational drug use is rampant.

Many of them are not the sharpest tools in the box.

Result is many of them get themselves in to trouble.

They need professional minders to keep them out of trouble.

Don’t believe education of the issues is the problem.

The players understand the issues, the penis simply overrides the brain.

Eion

First Grade
Except you are assuming the other male will have the same story as JDB. And he hasn’t been charged....at least not yet.

Except you are assuming the other male will have the same story as JDB. And he hasn’t been charged....at least not yet.

Yeah it’s a worry.

Hope Jack didn’t do it. As it is now he has caused his own partner great distress.

Can’t imagine how his parents are feeling.

As for the young lady, It’s been a very harrowing experience.

We don’t know whether Jack is guilty as charged.

What we do know is that he is at the very least guilty of gross stupidity in going to an apartment with a woman after a pub crawl.

slippery5

Juniors
Surely the Police would lay charges based solely on what the victim said.
Oh yeah I get what you say, I just thought if they interviewed JDB & co separately & they both had the same recollection of events it might be a bit harder to lay charges unless their was inconsistencies in their statements, or "co's" statement wasn't helpful to JDB.

ouryears

Bench
So it’s her fault?

And who said there was flirting?
Muzby, you have an axe to grind or some agenda.

There is no fault, there has been no hearing, no jury, no details to assess guilt. Therefore, again....no one is at fault.

Have you got a problem waiting for the court case and facts to be known?

Then you can sprout off at whoever the court decides did wrong.

Last edited:

red rocket

Juniors
Muzby, you have an axe to grind it some agenda.

There is no fault, there has been no hearing, no jury, no details to assess guilt. Therefore, again....no one is at fault.

I am hearing that this is on a similar path to brett Stewart's incident and the other person involved was from out of town and not a footballer jack will have his day in court and justice will be done if my mail is wrong I sincerely apologize to the young lady involved

st penguin

Juniors
Inviting a handsome celebrity and another man back to your unit for 'coffee' is not a good idea; especially if you flirt with him/them before hand.

I thought the allegation was that she got in the cab thinking they were all going to another bar with a group of people. Instead they went to a unit where the two men said they wanted to get changed.

Nothing about going back to her place for a coffee.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member

Leave the conversation to the adults mate.

Or learn to read.

Please excuse my ignorance, but if Jack's DNA turns up in the rape kit test, wouldnt that still be the case if it was consensual sex? Surely a rape kit can't determine if sex was forced without consent.

True_Believer

Juniors

Seriously, if you can't see anything wrong with what possm wrote, you have problems. The guy has a history of it - passively defending Hayne previously in a similar manner.

You don't add your own narrative to a sensitive situation just to support your own personal view.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts