What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Test D/N Australia v Sri Lanka at Brisbane Jan 24-28 - AUSTRALIA WON BY AN INNINGS AND 40 RUNS

Fangs

Coach
No Pucovski.

Crazy really. I like Patterson but surely Laboosh had to make way. We need 6 batsmen.

Don't mind this side actually.
Probably last chance for Burns to claim a test spot. Has to score runs in Brisbane.

Siddle carrying the drinks is about right. Hope he doesn't drop them though.

It’s a better team than the Indian series but Labuschagne continues to make no sense. It’s the same style of selection as Mitch Marsh.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Well that sucks, Pucovski is already better than Labs will ever be and he's only 20.

Hohns said he had given up on finding an all rounder because we simply didn't have anyone good enough.

Then why the f**k is Labs playing ? As a batsman he is not in the same class as Pucovski.

Well that sucks, Pucovski is already better than Labs will ever be and he's only 20.

Hohns said he had given up on finding an all rounder because we simply didn't have anyone good enough.

Then why the f**k is Labs playing ? As a batsman he is not in the same class as Pucovski.

Either Hohns is full of it, or they see him as a batsmen. Either way they’re idiots.

tomdl

Bench
No Pucovski.

Crazy really. I like Patterson but surely Laboosh had to make way. We need 6 batsmen.
Who invented the myth Marnus is an all rounder? He bats at 3 for Qld and had barely ever bowled for them in 3 seasons of shield crickt before he played in the UAE

mattyg

Bench
Poor decision not to debut Pucovski... just throw him in the deep end in the ashes why don’t we.. woulda given him this series to get a feel for it. Stupid decision to pick Lasagne ahead of him. Agree with the other decisions though - Patterson forced his way into the team which is exactly what we want to see and Richardson basically done the same. Hazlewood going down might be a blessing.

Long term geez Philippe batted well today. Looks a lot like Steve Smith. I know white and red ball cricket is completely different but he is definitely someone we should be looking at when Paine gives it in. Hopefully he kicks on in shield cricket

Fangs

Coach
Who invented the myth Marnus is an all rounder? He bats at 3 for Qld and had barely ever bowled for them in 3 seasons of shield crickt before he played in the UAE

I just assumed he was based on the following:

1.) He bats a little
2.) He bowls a little

And he doesn't seem to be particularly good at either.

He’s definitely not an all rounder, but they’re seemingly desperate for a 5th bowling option. That comes with a pretty big compromise in this case, a first class batting average of 33.

Poor decision not to debut Pucovski... just throw him in the deep end in the ashes why don’t we.. woulda given him this series to get a feel for it. Stupid decision to pick Lasagne ahead of him. Agree with the other decisions though - Patterson forced his way into the team which is exactly what we want to see and Richardson basically done the same. Hazlewood going down might be a blessing.

Long term geez Philippe batted well today. Looks a lot like Steve Smith. I know white and red ball cricket is completely different but he is definitely someone we should be looking at when Paine gives it in. Hopefully he kicks on in shield cricket

Philippe hopefully will start keeping in Sheffield shield. At the moment it’s Josh Inglis.

But I’d definitely be looking at Philippe for the limited overs keeper role.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Really disappointing that Renshaw or Pucovski couldnt be selected ahead of Labs.

Labs shouldnt even be in the squad to be fair.
With his record he’s lucky to be playing Shield cricket.

Massive limited plodder, the little engine that couldn’t. Hardly suprising Langer is one of his biggest fans.

Timbo

Staff member
I hope Labudabudingdong is batting at 6 at least. He’s the weakest link in that lineup.

Latest posts