What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reece Robson Leaving

Frank Facer

First Grade
2 of the 3 would be great.
I just think, as much as I respect @possm ' s passion, its unrealistic to expect to manage all 3.
I disagree that it is unrealistic to keep all 3. Lomax should already be playing first grade. Robson should already be on the bench and could be better than McInnes in the near future. Field is another story. He will find it hard to get past Norman and Hunt to play in the halves, but I would like to keep him, he could get to start if the likes of Hunt, Norman or Dufty were injured. If he stood up and showed that he has got what it takes, he could push any of Hunt, Norman or Dufty out of the starting side, similar to how Matty Head pushed Firman out when he got the opportunity through injury.

LINESPEED

Juniors
Bird has flown the coop.
Herbet, Milne & Marsters have registered as a law practice.
Silverman is making movies again.
Saab has had a Field day and driven unlimited kilometres in frustration.
Sailor has gone M.l.A and was last seen at Garden Island wharf boarding HMAS Brisbane.
Lomax has centred his attention on a Garrick's Camera House franchise.

......and as Possum says, "lts all a mess."

Love your offbeat sense of humour OKB

True_Believer

Juniors
2 of the 3 would be great.
I just think, as much as I respect @possm ' s passion, its unrealistic to expect to manage all 3.

Additionally, as you and I know, there are things that we don't see that impact the process. there's more to it that we aren't privy to.

Not only that, you can't blame Millward if Reece sees better opportunity elsewhere. No matter how much you try to negotiate with a player, if they don't see opportunity, then they'll move on. It's all about opportunity at this point. We're also hamstrung by cap pressures.

Old Timer

Coach
Additionally, as you and I know, there are things that we don't see that impact the process. there's more to it that we aren't privy to.

Not only that, you can't blame Millward if Reece sees better opportunity elsewhere. No matter how much you try to negotiate with a player, if they don't see opportunity, then they'll move on. It's all about opportunity at this point. We're also hamstrung by cap pressures.
The greater issue is we are not bothering to properly find out if they should be kept and in the meantime keep plodders in the team.
We do not make many informed decisions and often leave it to the player to make the decision.
Reactive management 101

True_Believer

Juniors
The greater issue is we are not bothering to properly find out if they should be kept and in the meantime keep plodders in the team.
We do not make many informed decisions and often leave it to the player to make the decision.
Reactive management 101

And that's the problem mate. We aren't finding out because they aren't getting the opportunity. That isn't Millwards responsibility. That's Marys. So my point is that even if Millward is attempting to sign him, he can only be willing to spend the amount of money on what he's seen and Reece can only base his decision on what he see's his future is at the club. Essentially, I see it as Mary being the bottleneck here.

Old Timer

Coach
And that's the problem mate. We aren't finding out because they aren't getting the opportunity. That isn't Millwards responsibility. That's Marys. So my point is that even if Millward is attempting to sign him, he can only be willing to spend the amount of money on what he's seen and Reece can only base his decision on what he see's his future is at the club. Essentially, I see it as Mary being the bottleneck here.
I agree coach the bottleneck re selection but the extension to 2 plodders in Lafai & Aitken which helps cause the bottleneck is all down to Millward.
If 1 ofveither Lafai or Aitken had gone the issue wouldn’t exist.

Dragoness

Juniors
Ok I’m normally a spectator here, but I have to ask the question is Robson staying or going.. sorry so much bitching in this thread I gave up trying to find an answer. Some of you boys sound like a bunch of girls :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Maybe Matty Cooper can come out of retirement :joy:

True_Believer

Juniors
I agree coach the bottleneck re selection but the extension to 2 plodders in Lafai & Aitken which helps cause the bottleneck is all down to Millward.
If 1 ofveither Lafai or Aitken had gone the issue wouldn’t exist.

I see this from a different angle as well. I don't think signing them long term is the issue, being willing to drop them when they aren't performing is.

My view is primarily based around opportunity. Yes, there are cap restrictions, but I don't think financially that players like Aitken and Lafai put a lot of pressure on the cap. Irrespective of financial commitments, if you were Lomax, and you saw Aitken and to a lesser degree Lafai getting selected week after week despite poor form or at the very least inconsistent performances, would you be happy to sit in reggies for an extra 100k a year knowing that your chances are limited? I personally don't think money is the issue - once again, it's opportunities. If another team came along and committed him to a starting spot, then he's more likely to jump at the chance even if said club offered him the same money. I would imagine this is what happened with Garrick.

Reece is in the same boat, however McInness is a much more competitive player in his position. It's much harder to drop McInness from the team and replace him with Robson (despite what some may think). Reece's issue comes with securing a spot on the bench and the coaches bizarre bench selection.

Como Connection

First Grade
Lomax is done till the end of 2020 and wont be going anywhere.
Robson we should still keep
Field I can take or leave.
I had lunch at the Headlands Hotel today with the wife and I reckon Jai, his wife and baby were sitting next to us.
What an impressive hotel.
I remember the old Pub but the bikes took it over.
CC

BLM01

First Grade
I had lunch at the Headlands Hotel today with the wife and I reckon Jai, his wife and baby were sitting next to us.
What an impressive hotel.
I remember the old Pub but the bikes took it over.
CC
Maybe Jai is looked after by the bikies. Enjoying the view while it lasts before he moves to another location...maybe!
You should of got into his ear and got some real goss!
But you are right CC impressive...as is the Scarborough pub bit further north.