What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Stadium Rebuild and other stuff

TheParraboy

Staff member
Respect your view but really, does it matter?
We have to get over the fact that this isn't the Eels stadium like Pirtek vers1 was when it was built for the '86 season.
Times have changed. There are new tenants, and the Eels are just hirers of the stadium like all the other tenants.
It's what the Eels do on game day that will make it feel like home. And we will.
The Wanderers will make it feel like their home all the same. As will the Tigers, and Waratahs and Bulldogs and anyone else who hires the place.
I actually think it was a very wise move to put the various grey seating in. It favored not one particularly tenant. The stadium has been built and paid for by the govt. Why would they want to isolate potential hirers of the stadium by showing favor to one particular club? You could argue that Wanderers fans would want the seats to be red or black?
It's a neutral stadium, made prominent on each game day by the users. The lighting show last night showed just how well this can be done.
Time to get out of that 70's/80's/90's way of thinking mate.

About to type something similar, but Suity said it best

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Good riddance.

32692014237_9fd28777fa_o.jpg
Still a better stadium than Brookvale.

TheRam

Coach
I think something like this would of been great colour wise

BTB_20150829_175SnoopyBowlVI325167.jpg

or something like this in Russia's Luzhniki Stadium just swap out the reds for blues

90208686-november-4-2017-moscow-russia-the-stands-of-the-luzhniki-stadium-in-moscow-where-the-matches-of-the-.jpg

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I think something like this would of been great colour wise

BTB_20150829_175SnoopyBowlVI325167.jpg

or something like this in Russia's Luzhniki Stadium just swap out the reds for blues

90208686-november-4-2017-moscow-russia-the-stands-of-the-luzhniki-stadium-in-moscow-where-the-matches-of-the-.jpg

a tad ambitious mate, also need to move the goal posts

Suitman

Post Whore
Ram,

Clubs who are using the stadium will make it their own, simply through the game day experience.
Seriously, we've just been gifted the best rectangular stadium in the country, and YOU want to complain about the colour of the seats?
FMD!!
As we've seen from many pics and videos, it looks like Parra's home ground when the lighting is all blue and gold.
It looks like the Wanderers home ground when it's all red.
Seriously mate, it ain't that big a deal.

bankwest-stadium.png

Last edited:

chiefy1

Juniors
Ram,

Clubs who are using the stadium will make it their own, simply through the game day experience.
Seriously, we've just been gifted the best rectangular stadium in the country, and YOU want to complain about the colour of the seats?
FMD!!
As we've seen from many pics and videos, it looks like Parra's home ground when the lighting is all blue and gold.

bankwest-stadium.png

Hear Hear ! Period !

amitropo

Juniors
Ram,

FMD!!

bankwest-stadium.png
Agreed Suit, at first I was one of those screaming it’s mainly Parra’s, but after attending the Wednesday night lights, seeing the atmosphere, lighting, acoustics of the arena, adding to that the back drop of the Leagues club, the possible new hotel beside it, it will always feel like ours on game day.

It’s new and everyone wants to be a part of it.
The same will happen when the other 2 sydney stadiums are developed and renovated.
This place will always be home in our hearts because of its location and nothing or anyone can take that advantage will we have when playing in there.
It’s the crowd that makes it a fortress.
We just have to sell out every game.

Suitman

Post Whore
Agreed Suit, at first I was one of those screaming it’s mainly Parra’s, but after attending the Wednesday night lights, seeing the atmosphere, lighting, acoustics of the arena, adding to that the back drop of the Leagues club, the possible new hotel beside it, it will always feel like ours on game day.

And so it should, and so it will. Parra fans will ALWAYS see it as OUR home ground.
Just like it will for Wanderers fans as well. It's the only true home they have ever known. Homebush was an abortion for them, as it was for the Eels. They can't wait to get back there as well.

It’s new and everyone wants to be a part of it.
The same will happen when the other 2 sydney stadiums are developed and renovated.
This place will always be home in our hearts because of its location and nothing or anyone can take that advantage will we have when playing in there.
It’s the crowd that makes it a fortress.
We just have to sell out every game.

Agreed, although selling out every home game probably won't happen after the first two or three.

Anyway, it's a magnificent stadium. Granted, it has been built on the cheap but still, it has covered all requests made by fans in those early days of fan engagement in regards to the design.
It has particularly covered other areas like in-house facilities and corporate stuff. If I had any complaints, they would be that the western stand has been prioritised for the rich, but, I'm not going there because I'm ecstatic that we, as Eels fans now have a brilliant new venue and we can tell Homebush and SOP to FO.
We are a very very lucky club to be provided these facilities. It wouldn't have happened without a certain other tenant.

Anyway, (not you) but the complaining about seat colours just riles me. It's pathetic and childish.

amitropo

Juniors
It wouldn't have happened without a certain other tenant.
Just out of curiosity, not privy to how and why the stadium was built, but was it due to the Wanderers game day numbers or the state government pushing for votes in the elections for western sydney voters or probably a bit of both.
2 tenants through out the year is great.
1. for the local fans, community and small businesses,
2. for our leagues club until Wanderers find their own club (I have read they are searching for their own local club to call home)

Suitman

Post Whore
Just out of curiosity, not privy to how and why the stadium was built, but was it due to the Wanderers game day numbers or the state government pushing for votes in the elections for western sydney voters or probably a bit of both.
2. for our leagues club until Wanderers find their own club (I have read they are searching for their own local club to call home)

Tbh mate, it's probably a bit of all of those. But, the rebuild certainly wouldn't have happened without a second successful tenant like the Wanderers.
Having the Tiges, Bulldogs and Waratahs also come on board has been a bonus for the state govt.

Kornstar

Coach
And so it should, and so it will. Parra fans will ALWAYS see it as OUR home ground.
Just like it will for Wanderers fans as well. It's the only true home they have ever known. Homebush was an abortion for them, as it was for the Eels. They can't wait to get back there as well.

Agreed, although selling out every home game probably won't happen after the first two or three.

Anyway, it's a magnificent stadium. Granted, it has been built on the cheap but still, it has covered all requests made by fans in those early days of fan engagement in regards to the design.
It has particularly covered other areas like in-house facilities and corporate stuff. If I had any complaints, they would be that the western stand has been prioritised for the rich, but, I'm not going there because I'm ecstatic that we, as Eels fans now have a brilliant new venue and we can tell Homebush and SOP to FO.
We are a very very lucky club to be provided these facilities. It wouldn't have happened without a certain other tenant.

Anyway, (not you) but the complaining about seat colours just riles me. It's pathetic and childish.

Out of curiosity, are you saying people can't have an opinion? I can't get used to the colour of the seats, they just look weird but i don't really care and i'm not advocating for them to be any specific colour, i'm just not used to them and i think it looks out of place.

I'm one of the weird people who just like watching my team play so i had no issue with the old Parra Stadium, no issue with ANZ and will obviously have no issue with Bankwest. To be honest if i had to go to Brookvale or Leichhardt i wouldn't have an issue, i just like watching them live.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade

I reckon it was knocked down and rebuilt because the stadium was in use 12 months of the year unlike all other suburban grounds. If only the Eels played there it wouldn't have been done nor if the only the wanderers played there would it have been done.

chiefy1

Juniors
Out of curiosity, are you saying people can't have an opinion? I can't get used to the colour of the seats, they just look weird but i don't really care and i'm not advocating for them to be any specific colour, i'm just not used to them and i think it looks out of place.

I'm one of the weird people who just like watching my team play so i had no issue with the old Parra Stadium, no issue with ANZ and will obviously have no issue with Bankwest. To be honest if i had to go to Brookvale or Leichhardt i wouldn't have an issue, i just like watching them live.

But there are issues.

1. For a start playing at Bankwest will attract bigger crowds and a better atmosphere than say anz, meaning a greater advantage for the team in both player motivation & 50/50 refereeing decisions.

2. Playing out of a new Bankwest stadium having outstanding corporate areas meaning greater sponsorship dollars, as well as crowds means more profitable margins for the club.

3. With the other major tennant the Wanderers and also other teams playing a few games here, club profits will also rise through car park revenue and extra patronage coming into the club.

4. Parramatta may end up playing 13 or 14 games at Bankwest as other are wanting in, meaning less travel for players, a more than 50/50 crowd for other teams home games such as the Roosters, and Parramatta will be more accustomed to the pitch.

This all means major benefits for the players, club revenue and fans meaning Parramatta will no doubt become a superpower in comparison to other Sydney clubs.

We will become self sufficient in no time. These are the issues that fans should be celebrating.

It will attract a signing or two as well - great facilities, recovery areas, best pitch in Au.

Last edited:

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
Not sure if it's been posted, but i read an artircle earlier today where they were saying there is a chance there will be a UFC event held at BW with a Robert Whittaker fight the main event.

3. With the other major tennant the Wanderers and also other teams playing a few games here, club profits will also rise through car park revenue and extra patronage coming into the club.

that's the point people are missing in all this, ticket sales and whatever they spend in the stadium all goes to the government or nrl but whatever they spend in the club goes to US

bring all the games you want!

emjaycee

Coach
that's the point people are missing in all this, ticket sales and whatever they spend in the stadium all goes to the government or nrl but whatever they spend in the club goes to US

bring all the games you want!
I am not sure of the details of the deal done between the Eels and Infrastructure NSW however, I think stadium deals are actually a mix of what you have said above.

When we use the stadium for example, we may pay a fixed hiring fee per game, but get all gate receipts and/or some of the concessions revenue, or we may pay nothing and get nothing although most likely it is somewhere in between. I don't think the NRL actually get anything except their 40% of branded merchandise sales.

When someone else uses the stadium, they would have negotiated their own deal and we would get nothing directly, but would hope to pick up some increased patronage for the club and carpark.

Latest posts