1. Grand Final Edition OUT NOW:

The 2020 NRL & NRLW Grand Final edition of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine and match programme for Sunday's Grand Final Day! Also includes Super League Round 17 and 18 squads.

The Grand Final edition brings you special stories from each camp - Paul Jobber chats with Panthers legend Scott Sattler recounts his famous moment in the sides 2003 title win and looks to the current crop of Penrith players; while Rob Crosby looks at Josh Addo-Carr as he laces up for what could be his final Storm game. Rick Edgerton has a Clive Churchill Medal guide, while Joshua Wells speaks to Brisbane NRLW star Millie Boyle as the Broncos cruise toward a Women's threepeat on Sunday.

Add to that all the regular features you've come to expect - the programme for both Grand Final Day matches along with teamlists and details for Rounds 17 and 18 of the Super League - and you have one fantastic 32-page magazine for your Grand Final reading!

EDITION 22 - READ NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Parramatta Stadium Rebuild and other stuff

Discussion in 'Parramatta Eels' started by Suitman, Feb 3, 2016.

1. TheParraboy

TheParraboy Moderator Staff Member

About to type something similar, but Suity said it best

2. hineyrulz

hineyrulz Post Whore

Still a better stadium than Brookvale.

Eelogical likes this.
  3. Dibs

Dibs Bench

Shit I thought that was a projection of brooky after an upgrade

4. TheRam

TheRam First Grade

I think something like this would of been great colour wise

[​IMG]

or something like this in Russia's Luzhniki Stadium just swap out the reds for blues

[​IMG]

5. Twizzle

Twizzle Administrator Staff Member

a tad ambitious mate, also need to move the goal posts

6. TheRam

TheRam First Grade

What? Has nothing to do with the seat colouring.

7. T.S Quint

T.S Quint Coach

Tomorrow?

Eelogical likes this.
  8. Suitman

Suitman Post Whore

Ram,

Clubs who are using the stadium will make it their own, simply through the game day experience.
    Seriously, we've just been gifted the best rectangular stadium in the country, and YOU want to complain about the colour of the seats?
    FMD!!
    As we've seen from many pics and videos, it looks like Parra's home ground when the lighting is all blue and gold.
    It looks like the Wanderers home ground when it's all red.
    Seriously mate, it ain't that big a deal.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
    TheParraboy, chiefy1 and amitropo like this.
  9. emjaycee

emjaycee First Grade

Well we can't start before today can we?

Obscene Assassin and T.S Quint like this.
  10. chiefy1

chiefy1 Juniors

Hear Hear ! Period !

11. amitropo

amitropo Juniors

Agreed Suit, at first I was one of those screaming it’s mainly Parra’s, but after attending the Wednesday night lights, seeing the atmosphere, lighting, acoustics of the arena, adding to that the back drop of the Leagues club, the possible new hotel beside it, it will always feel like ours on game day.

It’s new and everyone wants to be a part of it.
    The same will happen when the other 2 sydney stadiums are developed and renovated.
    This place will always be home in our hearts because of its location and nothing or anyone can take that advantage will we have when playing in there.
    It’s the crowd that makes it a fortress.
    We just have to sell out every game.

12. Suitman

Suitman Post Whore

And so it should, and so it will. Parra fans will ALWAYS see it as OUR home ground.
    Just like it will for Wanderers fans as well. It's the only true home they have ever known. Homebush was an abortion for them, as it was for the Eels. They can't wait to get back there as well.

Agreed, although selling out every home game probably won't happen after the first two or three.

Anyway, it's a magnificent stadium. Granted, it has been built on the cheap but still, it has covered all requests made by fans in those early days of fan engagement in regards to the design.
    It has particularly covered other areas like in-house facilities and corporate stuff. If I had any complaints, they would be that the western stand has been prioritised for the rich, but, I'm not going there because I'm ecstatic that we, as Eels fans now have a brilliant new venue and we can tell Homebush and SOP to FO.
    We are a very very lucky club to be provided these facilities. It wouldn't have happened without a certain other tenant.

Anyway, (not you) but the complaining about seat colours just riles me. It's pathetic and childish.

13. amitropo

amitropo Juniors

Just out of curiosity, not privy to how and why the stadium was built, but was it due to the Wanderers game day numbers or the state government pushing for votes in the elections for western sydney voters or probably a bit of both.
    2 tenants through out the year is great.
    1. for the local fans, community and small businesses,
    2. for our leagues club until Wanderers find their own club (I have read they are searching for their own local club to call home)

14. Suitman

Suitman Post Whore

Tbh mate, it's probably a bit of all of those. But, the rebuild certainly wouldn't have happened without a second successful tenant like the Wanderers.
    Having the Tiges, Bulldogs and Waratahs also come on board has been a bonus for the state govt.

15. Kornstar

Kornstar Coach

Out of curiosity, are you saying people can't have an opinion? I can't get used to the colour of the seats, they just look weird but i don't really care and i'm not advocating for them to be any specific colour, i'm just not used to them and i think it looks out of place.

I'm one of the weird people who just like watching my team play so i had no issue with the old Parra Stadium, no issue with ANZ and will obviously have no issue with Bankwest. To be honest if i had to go to Brookvale or Leichhardt i wouldn't have an issue, i just like watching them live.

Gary Gutful and Dibs like this.
  16. Obscene Assassin

Obscene Assassin First Grade

I reckon it was knocked down and rebuilt because the stadium was in use 12 months of the year unlike all other suburban grounds. If only the Eels played there it wouldn't have been done nor if the only the wanderers played there would it have been done.

I bleed blue & gold and chiefy1 like this.
  17. chiefy1

chiefy1 Juniors

But there are issues.

1. For a start playing at Bankwest will attract bigger crowds and a better atmosphere than say anz, meaning a greater advantage for the team in both player motivation & 50/50 refereeing decisions.

2. Playing out of a new Bankwest stadium having outstanding corporate areas meaning greater sponsorship dollars, as well as crowds means more profitable margins for the club.

3. With the other major tennant the Wanderers and also other teams playing a few games here, club profits will also rise through car park revenue and extra patronage coming into the club.

4. Parramatta may end up playing 13 or 14 games at Bankwest as other are wanting in, meaning less travel for players, a more than 50/50 crowd for other teams home games such as the Roosters, and Parramatta will be more accustomed to the pitch.

This all means major benefits for the players, club revenue and fans meaning Parramatta will no doubt become a superpower in comparison to other Sydney clubs.

We will become self sufficient in no time. These are the issues that fans should be celebrating.

It will attract a signing or two as well - great facilities, recovery areas, best pitch in Au.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
  18. I bleed blue & gold

I bleed blue & gold First Grade

Not sure if it's been posted, but i read an artircle earlier today where they were saying there is a chance there will be a UFC event held at BW with a Robert Whittaker fight the main event.

19. The EELiminator

The EELiminator Coach

that's the point people are missing in all this, ticket sales and whatever they spend in the stadium all goes to the government or nrl but whatever they spend in the club goes to US

bring all the games you want!

20. emjaycee

emjaycee First Grade

I am not sure of the details of the deal done between the Eels and Infrastructure NSW however, I think stadium deals are actually a mix of what you have said above.

When we use the stadium for example, we may pay a fixed hiring fee per game, but get all gate receipts and/or some of the concessions revenue, or we may pay nothing and get nothing although most likely it is somewhere in between. I don't think the NRL actually get anything except their 40% of branded merchandise sales.

When someone else uses the stadium, they would have negotiated their own deal and we would get nothing directly, but would hope to pick up some increased patronage for the club and carpark.

chiefy1 likes this.