What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Stadium Rebuild and other stuff

T-Boon

Coach
Has some sort of crowd been announced for Wednesday Night Lights. Was it the best attendence for a training run in Eels/NRL history?
It was a good night. T-Boon was there.

hindy111

Post Whore
If we had a few more hindy111s on the job it would look 100 times better.

It also would have cost $400M and been ready in 2021.

Generaly lazy people who do rough work rocck mup late, have long lunches and leave early while chatting half the day and playing on phone.
When I work I am 100% focussed on the job. So honestly think your statement is false.

TheRam

Coach
I must say as much as I love the new stadium and it is by far the best we have seen for a club stadium in this country, I must say I hate the colour and therefore the aesthetic look it gives the overall stadium.

I touched on this before during the build but the more I look at it the less I like it. I thought that I would get used to it and end up at least being neutral about it, but my dislike has only grown.

Why they couldn't of just gone with blue seating is beyond me. So what if it pissed off the other tenants that also use the stadium? BOOHOO! The Eels are the club that the city of Parramatta know the best and love the most. I hardly think anyone would really have protested against having blue seating. After all I would hazard a guess that it would be the most popular seating colour for many stadiums around the world.

Colour brings a stadium to life. Also if a large proportion of the fans aren't wearing bright colours themselves and dressed in greys to blacks, then the stadium looks emptier then it is. Bad colour all round.

Suitman

Post Whore
Good riddance.

32692014237_9fd28777fa_o.jpg

Kornstar

Coach
I must say as much as I love the new stadium and it is by far the best we have seen for a club stadium in this country, I must say I hate the colour and therefore the aesthetic look it gives the overall stadium.

I touched on this before during the build but the more I look at it the less I like it. I thought that I would get used to it and end up at least being neutral about it, but my dislike has only grown.

Why they couldn't of just gone with blue seating is beyond me. So what if it pissed off the other tenants that also use the stadium? BOOHOO! The Eels are the club that the city of Parramatta know the best and love the most. I hardly think anyone would really have protested against having blue seating. After all I would hazard a guess that it would be the most popular seating colour for many stadiums around the world.

Colour brings a stadium to life. Also if a large proportion of the fans aren't wearing bright colours themselves and dressed in greys to blacks, then the stadium looks emptier then it is. Bad colour all round.

I'm not a fan of the seats either, they didn't have to go with blue but anything is better than what they chosen. It really throws me off every time i see it, mainly during the day though.

Although in saying that, it doesn't really matter and it is a new stadium and if we play well you won't even notice the colour because lots of them will have people in them, therefore who cares what colour they are!

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Generaly lazy people who do rough work rocck mup late, have long lunches and leave early while chatting half the day and playing on phone.
When I work I am 100% focussed on the job. So honestly think your statement is false.
I’m just yanking your chain.

Suitman

Post Whore

Respect your view but really, does it matter?
We have to get over the fact that this isn't the Eels stadium like Pirtek vers1 was when it was built for the '86 season.
Times have changed. There are new tenants, and the Eels are just hirers of the stadium like all the other tenants.
It's what the Eels do on game day that will make it feel like home. And we will.
The Wanderers will make it feel like their home all the same. As will the Tigers, and Waratahs and Bulldogs and anyone else who hires the place.
I actually think it was a very wise move to put the various grey seating in. It favored not one particularly tenant. The stadium has been built and paid for by the govt. Why would they want to isolate potential hirers of the stadium by showing favor to one particular club? You could argue that Wanderers fans would want the seats to be red or black?
It's a neutral stadium, made prominent on each game day by the users. The lighting show last night showed just how well this can be done.
Time to get out of that 70's/80's/90's way of thinking mate.

strider

Post Whore
I'm not a fan of the seats either, they didn't have to go with blue but anything is better than what they chosen. It really throws me off every time i see it, mainly during the day though.

Although in saying that, it doesn't really matter and it is a new stadium and if we play well you won't even notice the colour because lots of them will have people in them, therefore who cares what colour they are!
I agree too ... its a bit drab all grey n white ... I would have done green seats ... i think aami in melbourne looks good with green seats

TheRam

Coach
Respect your view but really, does it matter?
We have to get over the fact that this isn't the Eels stadium like Pirtek vers1 was when it was built for the '86 season.
Times have changed. There are new tenants, and the Eels are just hirers of the stadium like all the other tenants.
It's what the Eels do on game day that will make it feel like home. And we will.
The Wanderers will make it feel like their home all the same. As will the Tigers, and Waratahs and Bulldogs and anyone else who hires the place.
I actually think it was a very wise move to put the various grey seating in. It favored not one particularly tenant. The stadium has been built and paid for by the govt. Why would they want to isolate potential hirers of the stadium by showing favor to one particular club? You could argue that Wanderers fans would want the seats to be red or black?
It's a neutral stadium, made prominent on each game day by the users. The lighting show last night showed just how well this can be done.
Time to get out of that 70's/80's/90's way of thinking mate.

Yeah fair enough, but I don't agree. If anything one could argue that the grey to black colouring is favouring any team with black in it jersey. So virtually any colour could be potentially bias. Therefore why bother at all to make a stadium supposedly neutral?

Just pick a great colour and bring the stadium to life for Pete's sake. I mean the Olympic stadium was/is the most neutral venue in our State when built, but they picked blue the colour that probably appeals to most and lifts the overall look of the stadium.

As for changing times, yeah sure, obviously, but since when has blue been considered unfashionable. And contrary to some belief, we are still the number one tenant and oldest, so we should have been considered. We also own the leagues club right next door and are developing a greater foot print around the stadium currently. So yeah why not look after us? I hardly think that the Wanderers or any other new tenant would of bulked at playing there if the seating was kept blue.

But Government as usual, spineless wanks, tried to be everything to everyone and have given us a great facility, but drab and ugly seating. Sure does it matter for the teams that will play there? Of course not, but it could of been a gorgeous looking place. One that really draws you in, but instead it is a great stadium to watch and play footy at, but will need to be close to capacity to hide those ugly seats. Also the colours chosen will really highlight the empty seats and wash out the people that are wearing predominately dark colours like greys and blacks and make the crowds look smaller then they are.

chiefy1

Juniors
I agree too ... its a bit drab all grey n white ... I would have done green seats ... i think aami in melbourne looks good with green seats

Ive never seen or heard of a bigger bunch of whingers than you lot. Blue seats lol - that's so 90s ffs.
It seems the only way you guys will only feel satisfied is if you had a massive dildo stuck up your arse.

Like i said, go and follow Manly at that shithole named brookie, if you're not satisfied with this top notch stadium.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Ive never seen or heard of a bigger bunch of whingers than you lot. Blue seats lol - that's so 90s ffs.
It seems the only way you guys will only feel satisfied is if you had a massive dildo stuck up your arse.

Like i said, go and follow Manly at that shithole named brookie, if you're not satisfied with this top notch stadium.
Grey is the new "tie dyed". Every exhibition house or "My House Rules" house has grey. Its on trend. I quite like it. We havent seen the seats wet as yet. Maybe they have "hypercolour"?

strider

Post Whore

Period!

emjaycee

Coach
If we win 10/10 there starting tomorrow no one (inlcuding Ram) will give a flying f**k what colour the seats are.

Gronk

Staff member

Sand in your vagina much ? :thinking:

Latest posts