What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

World 9s 2019

JFK Files

Juniors
I’m just glad the event is on but I think we really needed to have Sth Africa in the World 9’s and agree that Jamaica would’ve been a good addition.

Storm13

Juniors
I’m just glad the event is on but I think we really needed to have Sth Africa in the World 9’s and agree that Jamaica would’ve been a good addition.
See no reason why South Africa should be included but do agree on seeing Jamaica instead of say Cook Islands.

Pommy

Coach
It was good to see FOX commentators giving the World Nines a mention along with Todd Greenberg during the Parra v West Tigers coverage. About time.That's a start.

Of course they will they have the coverage. The reason the World Cup didn’t get mentioned was because neither 9 or Fox had the rights.

See no reason why South Africa should be included but do agree on seeing Jamaica instead of say Cook Islands.

You could make an argument that Jamaica should be there over the USA. Fully agree that there’s no reason for South Africa to be invited over a whole swathe of other nations.

Stallion

First Grade
Of course they will they have the coverage. The reason the World Cup didn’t get mentioned was because neither 9 or Fox had the rights.

You could make an argument that Jamaica should be there over the USA. Fully agree that there’s no reason for South Africa to be invited over a whole swathe of other nations.

?

a3479da3903fdd3ae8c2daa5b931359e

https://www.foxsports.com.au/news/t...d/news-story/09abfe07536d1d788d57fb5ab790ddc5

Storm13

Juniors
What upsets do we think can happen in this format?

If Australia can lose one match to me this tournament is a success. But I'm putting money on Fiji making it to the final.

playdaball

Bench
What is the eligibility rule around the 9s? Is it the same as XIII? Or will we see the PI teams picking up players not selected for Aust & NZ?

Stallion

First Grade
But the season didn’t start months ago. FOX are going to talk about their own product was the point.

FOX has a designated rugby league channel and they have sole rights to this innaugural tournament. Would have thought adverts would have been evident way before this time? They have done publicity and adverts for other codes tournaments featuring at a similar time period. The point being that FOX haven't till yesterday promoted it's "own product". And have blatantly promoted other rival codes ad nauseum.

Pommy

Coach
FOX has a designated rugby league channel and they have sole rights to this innaugural tournament. Would have thought adverts would have been evident way before this time? They have done publicity and adverts for other codes tournaments featuring at a similar time period. The point being that FOX haven't till yesterday promoted it's "own product". And have blatantly promoted other rival codes ad nauseum.

It’s f**king April. 9 aren’t running ads for origin either. Get a grip of yourself seriously.

Stallion

First Grade
It’s f**king April. 9 aren’t running ads for origin either. Get a grip of yourself seriously.

Lol . You overdramatic fool. They(FOX) are and have been published icing other events fir other sports well before APRIL !

Coastbloke

Bench
I love how the NRL.com page are putting it..
(Roughly) See the best of the PI nations, the big 3 and developing nations USA, lebanon and Cooks.. (Not mentioned) Oh and that country where League has been played since the 30s and used to come here and thump the Kangaroos..lol Would love to see France take it..

batley

Juniors
After the WC fiasco I can see Stallion's point. If this event is going to be successful the earlier advertising starts the better.

Latest posts