What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

I really don't get it...

We lost an important part of our team thirty seconds into the game, due to foul play...and all we get is a penalty, and a free interchange.

It didn't affect the result, fortunately (and how lucky are we, that we lose Alvaro, but still have Timmy on the bench), but that was a gutless call from the ref.

I don't actually mind yesterday's calls so much (I don't actually think there was anything too wrong with the one that got Marata....the defender is allowed to protect himself.....wasn't a classic should charge). The f**k up was the Jennings call in the Penrith game. The refs got themselves in a real pickle b/c a try was scored after the hit. Jennings sin-binning in that game was just ridiculous.

Maybe what they could do in cases like the hit on Alvaro yesterday is to make the offending team lose 1 interchange.

Jennings also got suspended for what should have only been a penalty. Only happens to Parra.
I'm not in the habit of looking at the judiciary charges and results each week but I'd be inclined to think that your opinion is based on your own confirmation bias. It may seem that way to us at times but it would be surpising to me if that was actually true. Sorry for going all Pou on you.

dazeely

First Grade
I don't actually mind yesterday's calls so much (I don't actually think there was anything too wrong with the one that got Marata....the defender is allowed to protect himself.....wasn't a classic should charge). The f**k up was the Jennings call in the Penrith game. The refs got themselves in a real pickle b/c a try was scored after the hit. Jennings sin-binning in that game was just ridiculous.

Maybe what they could do in cases like the hit on Alvaro yesterday is to make the offending team lose 1 interchange.

Or the team carries a 5th reserve that can only be utilised in situations like this one.

Avenger

Immortal
Are we a strike centre and one additional experienced prop away from a premiership? I still think we lack a bit of pace in the centres and need another mongrel or will these young forwards be the ones to step up?

Are we a strike centre and one additional experienced prop away from a premiership? I still think we lack a bit of pace in the centres and need another mongrel or will these young forwards be the ones to step up?
I'd like to think we could do it with the current squad. I'm sure Salmon will shine at centre but maybe we need another prop. I'm not sure we do though with the way the refs are policing the game so far. If we have the cash to improve the squad then there's no reason why we shouldn't.

Eelogical

Referee
That would help. They also need a steadying influence in the team to guide them when the chips are down.

hindy111

Post Whore

Kafusi,Stone,Niaukore,Lane will improve as season goes on.
Stefano has a big future. Unsure we need one.

golfer

Juniors
Also have Manu and Brown to come back.
The reason given in the Jennings sin binning was that in the referees opinion the player would not be returning. In the hit on Alvaro the referee did not believe that would be the case (how wrong was he). I do not believe that any of the referees are in a position to judge whether a player will return or not. Perhaps they should take it out of the referees hands by having a rule that if a player is taken for assessment after an illegal tackle and the player fails the assessment then this is reported to the touch judge and at the next stoppage in play the referee is advised and the offending player is then sin binned for 10 minutes. I know this is radical but it would make it consistent.

Oscarman

Juniors
Reporting of 111s boyf is interesting. Have seen 3 different articles each with a different reason. Redundant, walked, fired.

Eelogical

Referee
Am on a boat out in the middle of the ocean. Paid a fortune to watch the game yesterday and worth every cent. Give Gutho and Moses their money, we need to build on this now.
Catch any salmon? I'm happy with the way the club are dealing with player signings after the review, so far. BA and the players all seem to be fine with it. it appears to the press who are laying all the pressure. Gutho even had a dig at journo's on two separate occasions after last night's game about them hounding him about his contract. I'm glad we aren't throwing the coin around at the behest of the media.