What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adam Blair

The unknown

Juniors
Wow. Seriously, how on earth does he get away with?.

Like at some point is there no one on that team who calls him out and tells him to take a f**king run? Coaching staff, trainers?.

It cannot be that it's not noticed. Maybe they're fine with it.

He's been doing it his whole career. I'm pretty sure at the Tigers the most runs he ever made in a game was like 6 for 47 mtrs. Mind blowing

As an NRL standard forward shouldn't the bare minimum be atleast 10+ runs?

blaza88z

Coach
To be fair even when Adam Blair came to us and had his best season since his Melbourne years he wasn't making bulk metres, he's more the guy who does the unnoticed things like kick pressure, decoy runs, etc

Johns Magic

Referee
Been a total fraud for a whole decade.

I couldn't believe we chased him when he was at the Broncos. I was even more astounded someone outbid us. Then I saw it was Kearney and it all made sense.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I hope he's on performance related pay!

Some players seems to skip through their careers earning a motza and accolades despite being generally sht most weeks. Chambers. Foran, Blair, Milford the list goes on.....

Front-Rower

First Grade
I hope he's on performance related pay!

Some players seems to skip through their careers earning a motza and accolades despite being generally sht most weeks. Chambers. Foran, Blair, Milford the list goes on.....

Yes, he is one of those players who benefited from having great players in a team at Melbourne who made him look good.

Great players have a tendency to make average players look a lot better than what they are. It’s why average players who look like world beaters struggle when they leave their successful clubs.

Yes, last night was diabolical in regards to the officials and their decisions however if Cameron Smith was not on the field last I doubt Melbourne kick their field goal when they did. Smith demanded Croft to take it there and then. Melbourne should be in a world of hurt when Smith retires.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Yes, he is one of those players who benefited from having great players in a team at Melbourne who made him look good.

Great players have a tendency to make average players look a lot better than what they are. It’s why average players who look like world beaters struggle when they leave their successful clubs.

Yes, last night was diabolical in regards to the officials and their decisions however if Cameron Smith was not on the field last I doubt Melbourne kick their field goal when they did. Smith demanded Croft to take it there and then. Melbourne should be in a world of hurt when Smith retires.

Yeh Smith is the only leader we have at the moment. He certainly steered them around last two weeks when it could have got really ugly. Hopefully he's got another season or two in him and by then Munster and Croft will have matured and be leading the side.

I always think that about Aiden Tolman, he was talked up as the next Shane Webke and a guaranteed Kangaroo pack leader when at Melbourne but became a solid plodder since leaving.
Blair, Proctor, Harris, McLean etc you rarely see a forward get better after leaving the Storm!

dogz08

First Grade
i remember someone on here said he was "the best forward in the game" when he was at the tigers..

adamkungl

Immortal
To be fair even when Adam Blair came to us and had his best season since his Melbourne years he wasn't making bulk metres, he's more the guy who does the unnoticed things like kick pressure, decoy runs, etc

Well I guess the "unnoticed" part is still true at Warriors.

I've never seen a player get overpaid while delivering nothing for as long as Blair has been doing it. World class