What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

• Yes

Votes: 107 48.9%
  • No

Votes: 112 51.1%

• Total voters

Happy MEel

First Grade
We will beat the Cowboys and we will beat Penrith.

We will also finish in the 8 this year.

Despite this, I think it is time for BA to go. I'm confident our club feels the same way so I won't plop my pants in anger.

His contract won't be renewed.
Oasis wrote a song about that didn’t they?

Tooooks

Bench
We will beat the Cowboys and we will beat Penrith.

We will also finish in the 8 this year.

Despite this, I think it is time for BA to go. I'm confident our club feels the same way so I won't plop my pants in anger.

His contract won't be renewed.

I think the Cowboys will beat us by 12+ and I’m not convinced we’ll beat Penrith. If we lose both those games, I reckon BA is gone.

Hindmarshisgod2

Juniors
As if wayne bennett would go near our club ..... he is at the backend of his career - only clubs flush with extras outside the cap would interest him
I guess you're right.

They could have at least shown some interest.

Maybe the motivation of winning the club the premiership for the first time in 33 years might have been a challenge he would go for.

hindy111

Post Whore
Recruitment has been good, imo.

Junior Paulo, Marata Niukore, Shaun Lane, Blake Ferguson, Mitchell Moses, Clint Gutherson...

Problem is he seems unable to get the team to lift for more than one week at a time...

Cherry picking....
Look at re-signings also like Norman,W.Smith,Taka,Bevan, J.Falou

Then look at these. Sure some where borderline ok. But most a failure.

MJ, Evans, Foran, Watmough, Pritchard, Vave, Hayne, Hasson, Nelson, Beau Scott, Hoffman, Beau Champion, B .Crooks, Faasso, Auva, Fogarty, Matagi

The fact we signed a guy like GL to a 3yr deal and poured time into him says a lot. Most on here who seen him picked him to never play NRL due to his pint size. Sure if he come via junior system you give him a year to year deal. We brought him down from the titans and gave him a 3yr deal and a top 30 spot for the last 2 seasons. To me that shows a very poor judgement.

hindy111

Post Whore
And beating pre-season top 8 fave's like Panthers, Dragons when we were tipped by most to be the Spoon favourites. And we weren't "thrashed" by the Roosters.
We're not dead yet.

Nothing wrong with getting beat. The nrl is a very even and tough comp. Last night however was disgusting. Against Raiders we where never in the game. Blown away but we busted our guts so it wasnt 40. Never a chance to win. Knights if we turned up we win. Once we woke up we competed and where the better side.

hindy111

Post Whore
I think the Cowboys will beat us by 12+ and I’m not convinced we’ll beat Penrith. If we lose both those games, I reckon BA is gone.

Agree. Our squad is never a certainty to win any game. However we are a chance to win every game as well if we get things right . Next 2 games we are a flip of coin.
Could be 2 win or 2 losses or 1 and 1.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
No hiney meant everything ... there are no bounds to his circle of shitiness with the eels
The only thing more certain than the occasional shit eels performance is the procession of simpletons ready to flap their gums with even shittier ideas. One dickhead didn't even wait until full time last week.

hindy111

Post Whore
Longer than 2014 mate.... we were voted the softest forward pack in the NRL by other players in 2006 and it hasnt changed since.

We have no merkins. This is an area I been banging on about. KE was a merkin.
Stone and Mahoney have potential to be merkins.But hanging rnd tepai,alvaro,mannah and they will end up teddy bears....
Kafusi has potential but doesnt look like a merkin.

Sharks have Gallen,Fafita,Graheme who can all be dirty merkins. Ennis was a real merkin and why they won title.

Must find merkins

hindy111

Post Whore
The Tigers conceded 50 to a worse team than Melbourne (us) a few weeks ago. Does that mean their coach is useless or that he's to blame?

We have huge leadership problems in our team, and it won't be solved by changing coaches. We need to buy some leaders, like we tried to do a few years ago. Replacing Arthur will probably help with a fresh start too.

We need angry merkins pou....Penrith have same problem. Pack of pussies. Dont confuse a merkin with a pussy. They may look and smeel then same but different beasts on the inside.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I thought you meant physically soft because your original post mentioned how shit we were in the wrestle. My bad I guess.
I did, so my bad.

We have never wrestled well and the weak mentality has been around this club forever. We a shrink kit just as much as anything.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The fact we signed a guy like GL to a 3yr deal and poured time into him says a lot. Most on here who seen him picked him to never play NRL due to his pint size. Sure if he come via junior system you give him a year to year deal. We brought him down from the titans and gave him a 3yr deal and a top 30 spot for the last 2 seasons. To me that shows a very poor judgement.
It shows that we need to take risks to compete.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Youse have probably already covered this but wtf @ Mahoney starting on the bench?
I guess we wanted to reduce the amount of work he did in defence. Interestingly, even when he came onto the field he did f**k all:

Tackles per minute (minutes)
1.00 Kaufusi (22)
0.75 Alvaro (53)
0.75 Terepo (44)
0.74 Moeroa (42)
0.57 Mannah (21)
0.48 Paulo (48)
0.42 Mahoney (60)

Paulo normally drags arse to that extent but Mahoney usually works much harder than that. Maybe he was sick.

Latest posts