What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reagan Campbell-Gillard and Jack Hetherington

Como Connection

First Grade
Hetherington is the more talented of the two, comfortably. He could be a top prop in the NRL IMO, hes that talented. He's a thug though, loves to fight and has a ridiculous judiciary record in a very short career, he is constantly penalised and suspended and has been binned a couple times also, its like he debuted as a marked man amongst the refs cause he gets away with nothing. There are now whispers about his off field behaviour as he has fallen right off the radar here at Penrith. He could easily be better than RCH though if he can sort out his issues.
How is Sele performing there please.
CC

Como Connection

First Grade
He’s going ok, something happened off field and he fell out of favour with Ivan Cleary, on the field he’s been good I was impressed with him. I’d like to have him in the FG side but he’s not getting a run atm. I think he will get back in the rotation though.
Everyone falling out with Cleary it appears.
Sele is a solid lock forward I reckon.
CC
Sele

betcats

Referee
Everyone falling out with Cleary it appears.
Sele is a solid lock forward I reckon.
CC
Sele

Yeah he seems good from the limited games I’ve seen him play, can give away a penalty though.

He was getting picked in the nrl side to start the year but around the time the club was at rock bottom his dropped off all the teamlists for two weeks and has been in Reggie’s ever since.

j0nesy

Bench
So he lacks size, lacks ball skills & struggles laterally. Those attributes are not a first grader of any standard I don't care how big a motor he has, plus we already have that in Lats.
Nothing like Lats. For a start he’s 10 years younger, much quicker, can play 80 mins. Far more potential than Lats.

j0nesy

Bench
We've been granted salary cap dispensation for 2019. So RCG could theoretically come in for JDBs salary, but it can only be on a 6 month contract. We have to reapply next year so it's not really as simple as just "signing him on JDB money" for 3 years
Spot on. That’s the issue and also the stupidity of the NRL dispensation policy. Who is going to sign a 6 month contract? If the Dragons want to attract any player worth their salt then they need to offer at least 3 years, which they can’t because if JDB is cleared then the Dragons would be faced with a possible salary cap breach in future years.

possm

Coach
Spot on. That’s the issue and also the stupidity of the NRL dispensation policy. Who is going to sign a 6 month contract? If the Dragons want to attract any player worth their salt then they need to offer at least 3 years, which they can’t because if JDB is cleared then the Dragons would be faced with a possible salary cap breach in future years.
We could sign RCG on a 3 year deal at 550k a season. The way things are, I believe he would take that deal.

Next make room for JDB at season end by cutting away the dead wood and leaving a spot at the right price open until June 30 2020. If things aren't resolved by that time do the same again by signing/promoting another forward.

SaintPauli

Juniors
We could sign RCG on a 3 year deal at 550k a season. The way things are, I believe he would take that deal.

Next make room for JDB at season end by cutting away the dead wood and leaving a spot at the right price open until June 30 2020. If things aren't resolved by that time do the same again by signing/promoting another forward.
Better option than Merrin who would want the same money at least
and is not of the same class.

BLM01

First Grade

Of course he will...probably 500K would do him. Now as his manager Possm try and get him to sign for 300-350K as that his worth today.

Paddles

Juniors
Salary cap auditors appear to be flexible. How many times have you heard of a club over by hundreds of thousands, and then negotiate because of misunderstandings etc. and just end up with a fine.

This JDB issue is new ground. I assume there would be some flexibility in signing someone like RCG for more than 6 months then negotiating at a later date if there was an issue. Of course it ain't ideal, but none of this situation is.

The club has stuffed around long enough, waiting for a miracle outcome and happy to use this is an excuse. Get in the market.

possm

Coach
Of course he will...probably 500K would do him. Now as his manager Possm try and get him to sign for 300-350K as that his worth today.
He's playing first grade tonight an playing OK. The NRL only will compensate salary cap for a like for like forward. Both RCG and JDB are SOO players and so he meets the NRL's criteria. I'm sure RCG is not playing at his best at the moment but with a change of clubs and also playing with his cousins the Sims brothers, he should get back to top form.

He's playing first grade tonight an playing OK. The NRL only will compensate salary cap for a like for like forward. Both RCG and JDB are SOO players and so he meets the NRL's criteria. I'm sure RCG is not playing at his best at the moment but with a change of clubs and also playing with his cousins the Sims brothers, he should get back to top form.
He will get back to his best in time his coming off 2 bad brakes but with time comes confidence

rednwhites

Juniors

It's a shame it has to be a like for like player. I was hoping we might pick up James Roberts in a couple of weeks after he decides he wants to change clubs again.

Latest posts