What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reagan Campbell-Gillard and Jack Hetherington

age.s

First Grade
It was such a waste of talent for Paul Carter, I liked the way he played the game, just off the field he was a grub. Being panthers fans which of RCG or Hetherington would you least like to lose? How do you feel about the rumours linking you with Packer?

Packer: Terrible. Quite aside from his drop in form (which could turn around with a change of scenery) the guy is a grub who I have no interest in cheering for.

Other question is tougher. Probably rather lose Hethero on balance. RCG is under performing while on big dollars, but we're almost certainly going to be footing a good portion of the bill for several years in any trade and that's generally how you end up screwing your cap. I'd rather see us turn the guy around. Hetherington is a talented kid who's on the outer. He won't be playing first grade so we don't lose much by letting him go and we're probably not going to be paying his any of wage at his new club.

Sloth

Juniors
I think the ceiling is higher for RCG than Hetherington, he is already a rep player and not sure if Hetherington will reach that standard. A broken jaw, or two, will play on your mind and will bring confidence levels down. I am sure RCG will find his form again and bring back the performances of 2018, hopefully in the RedV :)

possm

Coach
You boys could do much worse than Hetherington. He's stocky, with good leg drive, deceptively quick and very aggressive. Too aggressive if anything, but he's still a kid and there's every chance he'll learn to control it over time and end up as one of those players you love but everyone who's not a fan of your club hates. Wouldn't break the bank and would likely be hungry as hell for a shot at FG given he seems a long way off contention at Penrith. The are rumours of off field issues though.

I doubt you'll get RCG. I can't see us being willing to pay the amount of freight needed to make the deal work for both parties.
No freight required. Just terminate his contract and will immediately start him on JDB dollars. It's a pay rise for him.

slippery5

Juniors
Lawrie’s decent and will be a solid first grader. But He lacks a bit of size, lacks ball playing skills and struggles to move laterally in defence. On the upside he has a huge motor and an even bigger heart. He’ll be a solid first grader but not a world beater. We need a lock that can play prop, ideally. But either of these two would be good.
So he lacks size, lacks ball skills & struggles laterally. Those attributes are not a first grader of any standard I don't care how big a motor he has, plus we already have that in Lats.

BLM01

First Grade
So he lacks size, lacks ball skills & struggles laterally. Those attributes are not a first grader of any standard I don't care how big a motor he has, plus we already have that in Lats.
Cmon Slippery..he is young and no where near his peak. Under instructions to perform that way. His type of running at the line is exactly what the Dragons need. He will also develop over time. Lats is 30+ dont forget with less leg speed. Huge difference

possm

Coach
Cmon Slippery..he is young and no where near his peak. Under instructions to perform that way. His type of running at the line is exactly what the Dragons need. He will also develop over time. Lats is 30+ dont forget with less leg speed. Huge difference
Late last year Lawrie was bending the line and looking for opportunities to break the line. Playing the ball quickly and good in defence. Lately he seems to just blindly run at a group of opposition forwards and die with the ball.

When on tackles 4 and 5 we should at least look to use our backline in attack most times.

possm

Coach
He is listed in the 17 this week.
Well if he is not available, then he misses a chance in a lifetime to play with his cousins. Now is the time SGI need a player such as RCG and if they can't get him they do need to get an alternative by June 30.

BLM01

First Grade
Late last year Lawrie was bending the line and looking for opportunities to break the line. Playing the ball quickly and good in defence. Lately he seems to just blindly run at a group of opposition forwards and die with the ball.

When on tackles 4 and 5 we should at least look to use our backline in attack most times.
Ill refer your inquiry to Mary and Young who are involved with the forwards coaching who know how to put the brakes on anybody. But if what you say is true abbout last year which it was....he is a gooden isnt he...well down for his resigning Basil

RedV Resurgence

Juniors

Mary would see that as successful coaching of Lawrie into Dragons footy.

Remember Dragons footy has brought us 1 premiership in forty years. Wonder why other clubs aren't playing Dragons footy?

Frank Facer

First Grade
You boys could do much worse than Hetherington. He's stocky, with good leg drive, deceptively quick and very aggressive. Too aggressive if anything, but he's still a kid and there's every chance he'll learn to control it over time and end up as one of those players you love but everyone who's not a fan of your club hates. Wouldn't break the bank and would likely be hungry as hell for a shot at FG given he seems a long way off contention at Penrith. The are rumours of off field issues though.

I doubt you'll get RCG. I can't see us being willing to pay the amount of freight needed to make the deal work for both parties.
There was an article on Foxsports yesterday, saying that Blake, RCG and Hetherington could all be out of Penrith by the end of the month.

Kilkenny

Coach
There was an article on Foxsports yesterday, saying that Blake, RCG and Hetherington could all be out of Penrith by the end of the month.

Whoever signs Jack Hetherington is getting a real talent. Raiders in the running too apparently.

Yes he has to play a bit smarter, manage his natural aggression better but very disappointed Ivan Cleary has taken the easy way out with Jack just to free up a bit of cap space.

possm

Coach
Whoever signs Jack Hetherington is getting a real talent. Raiders in the running too apparently.

Yes he has to play a bit smarter, manage his natural aggression better but very disappointed Ivan Cleary has taken the easy way out with Jack just to free up a bit of cap space.
I don't care about the rest, RCG is the player we need to fil the void created with the stand down of JDB. I really hope Millward is onto this one. If we can land RCG then Frizell can move to lock giving us a well balanced pack of forwards with plenty of talent on the bench.

betcats

Referee
I think the ceiling is higher for RCG than Hetherington, he is already a rep player and not sure if Hetherington will reach that standard. A broken jaw, or two, will play on your mind and will bring confidence levels down. I am sure RCG will find his form again and bring back the performances of 2018, hopefully in the RedV :)

Hetherington is the more talented of the two, comfortably. He could be a top prop in the NRL IMO, hes that talented. He's a thug though, loves to fight and has a ridiculous judiciary record in a very short career, he is constantly penalised and suspended and has been binned a couple times also, its like he debuted as a marked man amongst the refs cause he gets away with nothing. There are now whispers about his off field behaviour as he has fallen right off the radar here at Penrith. He could easily be better than RCH though if he can sort out his issues.

Latest posts