What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebuilding for Future

boardlumps62

Juniors
This year is such a disappointment half way though and we are a total rabble. Injuries and suspension aside we have no depth to cover the holes. We are stuck with the coaching staff and some of we the players we have signed who aren't producing. Fingers crossed we have youth to come through

dragon thomo

Juniors
Our back three are ordinary at best.
We need to go to the market for top class 1st gaders
1 Fullback
2 Wingers
2 Front rowers
And we also need one very big clean out

boardlumps62

Juniors
I'm ok for a bad year as we rebuild but that should have happened a couple of years after we won last GF 2010. We probably peaked last year. It's back to scratch again. We have halves a few good forwards need to build around these guys ASAP or we have wasted them.

TruSaint

Referee
I'm ok for a bad year as we rebuild but that should have happened a couple of years after we won last GF 2010. We probably peaked last year. It's back to scratch again. We have halves a few good forwards need to build around these guys ASAP or we have wasted them.

As at next year its been 10 shite years.
This year is gone.

We go into 2020 with the same coach, and pretty much the same squad .

As you say, we have some good forwards, decent halves, but a backline that wouldn't make my under 9's.

We need a massive overhaul.

kit66

Bench
Our backline are so outclassed week to week it's an embarrassment. Think back a few years when we had the likes of Cooper. BMoz, Gasnier, Boyd and others, Internationals, SOO stars. Now we have a bunch of guys everyone knows will never get anywhere near a proper rep team yet that's who we keep re-signing. Of course it doesn't help when your forwards are getting dominated and your halves couldn't steer a pushbike to the pub.
Our only hope is Gaz coming back early to guide us to a couple of late wins.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
We need to blood our juniors.

Next match back 5 has to be:

1. Dufty
2. Saab
3. Marsters
4. Silverman
5. Pearson

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Need to do something, but what I dunno. The club has massive issues. We have no home ground, or rather we have five of them. We have three captains. We have a dysfunctional board full of old boys, their major achievement is finding coaching jobs for more old boys. We have a former International centre as coach who can't coach backline play. Our best juniors achieve success only when they go somewhere else.

Big cleanout/restructure/new board, anything else is papering over the cracks.

Dorsai

Juniors
If I was looking at to days team I would terminate the following contracts
1 - 5, bearing in mind Robson is already leave, the rest of today’s roster would be kept.
Not playing today latimore, graham, peirera, Allgood, and Lafai would also need to be let go.
We need to get some strength, speed and agility in the backline. The buying needs to be based on skill and talent on players on their way up, not past it.
Who to buy is another question, but I think the do away with list is fairly easy.
This would also include the current coaching staff and a ban on any old boys.

giboz71

First Grade
The only clean out required is the coaching staff.

2 maybe 3 outside backs and a replacement for JDB is what we need for sure. Other than that, we have the makings of a very good roster. 4 of our guys have been picked for Origin next Sunday. That's in line with most of the top sides.

More importantly, we need a coaching staff that can bring our young guys through effectively so guys like Saab, Ford, Sailor Lovodua etc won't go the same way as Garrick, Herbert and Sele and go nowhere with us, and make it elsewhere.

Crush

Coach
The only clean out required is the coaching staff.

2 maybe 3 outside backs and a replacement for JDB is what we need for sure. Other than that, we have the makings of a very good roster. 4 of our guys have been picked for Origin next Sunday. That's in line with most of the top sides.

More importantly, we need a coaching staff that can bring our young guys through effectively so guys like Saab, Ford, Sailor Lovodua etc won't go the same way as Garrick, Herbert and Sele and go nowhere with us, and make it elsewhere.
100%.
Our 6-13 are excellent on paper.
1-5 we are weak for sure but have a couple of guys with big potential.
The only cleanout required is the entire coaching staff.