What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Crowd Watch

Billythekid

First Grade
That’s not what every single commentator says when calling games from them.

I’ll rate their opinion over yours.

Yeah they do rant and rave on the odd Sunday that we see a big crowd on a Sunday arvo. I don’t hear them getting all excited for 10K or less crowds which we see on an all too regular basis in suburban grounds.

In ideal conditions they’re great. Throw in a bit of cold or wet weather or even put the games on at night and the crowds disappear.

So are you saying they’re lying when say how good it is to see games in a packed ground like Leichhardt or OKI or Shark park?

The problem is that it’s a myth that those places are packed out on a regular basis. Have a look at the average crowd for stadiums like that.

Also you said 10K people would have looked great in a suburban ground which is a different argument.

That’s no excuse according to people who live in places nowhere near the joint.

Again with the Sydney persecution complex. Nobody has said traffic isn’t an issue at all. It’s just not an issue unique to Sydney that explains away all bad crowds.

Stop acting like you’re some small minority that other people just don’t understand. Sydney is home to a significant percentage of Australia’s population and I’m pretty confident a huge portion of this forum either currently lives in Sydney or has done (or at the very least has travelled there regularly). We’re all well aware of what it’s like to get around Sydney.

Perth Red

Post Whore
So are you saying they’re lying when say how good it is to see games in a packed ground like Leichhardt or OKI or Shark park?

I'm saying they are paid to say that. Its a terrible look for a billion $ sport to be playing in 50% full semi amateur level parks. And no, playing in 75% empty modern stadiums isn't much better! Playing in front of decent crowds in decent stadiums is the goal!

carcharias

Immortal
I'm saying they are paid to say that. Its a terrible look for a billion $ sport to be playing in 50% full semi amateur level parks. And no, playing in 75% empty modern stadiums isn't much better! Playing in front of decent crowds in decent stadiums is the goal!

You wanted a brand new stadium
You said for years that’s what was needed
I said it won’t make a difference

carcharias

Immortal
Yeah they do rant and rave on the odd Sunday that we see a big crowd on a Sunday arvo. I don’t hear them getting all excited for 10K or less crowds which we see on an all too regular basis in suburban grounds.

In ideal conditions they’re great. Throw in a bit of cold or wet weather or even put the games on at night and the crowds disappear.

The problem is that it’s a myth that those places are packed out on a regular basis. Have a look at the average crowd for stadiums like that.

Also you said 10K people would have looked great in a suburban ground which is a different argument.

Again with the Sydney persecution complex. Nobody has said traffic isn’t an issue at all. It’s just not an issue unique to Sydney that explains away all bad crowds.

Stop acting like you’re some small minority that other people just don’t understand. Sydney is home to a significant percentage of Australia’s population and I’m pretty confident a huge portion of this forum either currently lives in Sydney or has done (or at the very least has travelled there regularly). We’re all well aware of what it’s like to get around Sydney.

10k In a smaller ground looks better than 10 k in a big stadium

That was the comparison

Perth Red

Post Whore
You wanted a brand new stadium
You said for years that’s what was needed
I said it won’t make a difference

And you'll be proved wrong. lets take a look at stadium attendances at end of year then we will see if a modern stadium out draws suburban parks shall we? Bankwest Stadium is a total waste on a Thursday night, should be holding Thursday nights at manly, sharks and penrith etc, leverage the quality stadium for the quality time slots. NRL are fricking clueless.

mozza91

Coach
Friday 6pm - Peak hour traffic
Friday 7:55pm - Too late for the kids even though it’s the weekend
Saturday 3pm - Kids sport
Saturday 5:30 - Too close to dinner
7:30 - Too late for the kids even though it’s the weekend
Sunday 2pm - Sun too bright
Sunday 4pm - End off weekend traffic
Sunday 6pm - Kids have school tomorrow.

The unknown

Juniors
Um I live in Wollongong, work in sydney

Usual commute to get home = hour and a bit

Today = 3 and a half hours

Took me about 2 hours to move 3km. CBD is completely gridlocked, you're a special kind of stupid if you think that the car accident closing northbound and 2 lanes southbound didn't have an effect lol

Probably the worst it's been tbh

taipan

Referee
"Paid to say that".Source please?
One doesn't have to be an Oxford graduate, to know a packed suburban ground gives a far better atmosphere and look, than a similar crowd at a big stadium.It's bleeding obvious.
The crowd last night at WSS and atmosphere looked ordinary.
And the 6pm tonight and the crowd at Wollongong looks terrible.
Somewhere along the line the NRL and Tv hobnobs must realise this time slot is sh*thouse for crowds and Tv viewers.

carcharias

Immortal

Um

Paid to say it?

More bullshit

siv

First Grade
Friday 6pm - Peak hour traffic
Friday 7:55pm - Too late for the kids even though it’s the weekend
Saturday 3pm - Kids sport
Saturday 5:30 - Too close to dinner
7:30 - Too late for the kids even though it’s the weekend
Sunday 2pm - Sun too bright
Sunday 4pm - End off weekend traffic
Sunday 6pm - Kids have school tomorrow.

But Sunday 3pm is just right

siv

First Grade
Um I live in Wollongong, work in sydney

Usual commute to get home = hour and a bit

Today = 3 and a half hours

Took me about 2 hours to move 3km. CBD is completely gridlocked, you're a special kind of stupid if you think that the car accident closing northbound and 2 lanes southbound didn't have an effect lol

Probably the worst it's been tbh

Fri nights at locations like Gosford or the Gong have to deal with this sort of traffic every Friday. Doesnt take much for an accident to gridlock the roads and over 50% of the time it does