What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Crowd Watch

Stallion

First Grade
If we’re going to be culling anything, how about Thursday night games every week.

We need no more than 5 a year

A Thursday night game is not necessary after a Sunday state game. With all the hype about the state game a full working week is required to get fans back into Club footy awareness. This is where the Thursday night game should be replaced by a Saturday night free to air tv game especially this week. Atm : It's not fair on the fans or the players.

Valheru

Coach
I wonder how many Sydney siders are saving their hard earned for the only football match that really matters in the city in the next 12 days?

Of course club members already have their NRL tickets but origin is a social event.

The sooner it is within a standalone 3 week period the better.

carcharias

Immortal
I wonder how many Sydney siders are saving their hard earned for the only football match that really matters in the city in the next 12 days?

Of course club members already have their NRL tickets but origin is a social event.

Good point

Last year game 2 got 80k+

mozza91

Coach

They might not show up to games but they can make excuses like it’s nobody’s business.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
A Thursday night game is not necessary after a Sunday state game. With all the hype about the state game a full working week is required to get fans back into Club footy awareness. This is where the Thursday night game should be replaced by a Saturday night free to air tv game especially this week. Atm : It's not fair on the fans or the players.

I agree. They should never play a Thursday night game after Origin.

3 Sunday games wouldve been fine this round.

Suitman

Post Whore
I agree. Got to take into account that the Grandstand the game is broadcasted from is mainly corporate and media boxes so you there aren’t large numbers you aren’t seeing. No way was that stadium one third full.

There was hardly anyone in the top deck at all. That's about 16-17000 seats just there.
The bottom concourse was sparsely populated also.
As you say, absolutely no way it was a third full.

siv

First Grade
Noticed many kids this week are in or around end of semester exams/major assessments

Not to mention its a work day just on the eve of financial year end

Football is something I enjoyed doing on a weekend. With only 25% of our games on Sunday afternoon and these are usually poor rating matches, people are giving up on attending games.

I have no interest in ThNF or Fri 6pm games and usually record these games and watch on delay. Getting home at midnight makes you useless at work the next day when you have to get up at 5am

I stopped going to the cricket and SOO because of ticket pricing

And we are all sick of the SOO hype and impact it is having to club games. Its only a corporate event piss up. I got weird looks after attending one SOO corporate function when I left at full time to begin my 2h journey home by public transport as I was working the next day

Modern RL is just a TV product

Trying to sell fans Touch Football as a 3 game experience is a insult to fans intelligence