What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 16 vs Storm

Crush

Coach
Bromwich 's asofa- Solomona and Smith's,will run rings around our pack without the 3 origin forwards.
Not to mention papenhuysen with his speed.
You initially said we have a tiny chance because we face them during origin.
As I said, I think its the opposite. We have less of a chance playing them during origin as we rely so heavily on our stars whereas Storm have stars in every position 1-17.
The gap between our best and worst player is enormous, not so with Storm.

Dragon David

First Grade
As I said, I think its the opposite. We have less of a chance playing them during origin as we rely so heavily on our stars whereas Storm have stars in every position 1-17.
By the sound of things, we might as well not turn up!! Yes, our guys do lack what the Storm has in bucket loads but remember, anything can happen on the day. I tell you what though, if by any chance, very slim one at that, we win, how much confidence will it give our guys going forward? Just imagine!! They, the Dragons of course, need to have a never give up attitude all game and pull a Steven Bradbury out of the hat. Hahaha! Cheers Crush

rednwhites

Juniors
By the sound of things, we might as well not turn up!! Yes, our guys do lack what the Storm has in bucket loads but remember, anything can happen on the day. I tell you what though, if by any chance, very slim one at that, we win, how much confidence will it give our guys going forward? Just imagine!! They, the Dragons of course, need to have a never give up attitude all game and pull a Steven Bradbury out of the hat. Hahaha! Cheers Crush

Melbourne firm favourites because their non-origin players are far, far, far superior to the team we will field. Heck they let Drinkwater go who put two tries on us as easy as anything. We've got real confidence and mental issues unlike any other season, backs that can't diffuse bombs or read what's going on in defence and a very lacklustre pack of forwards. When Norman, McInnes and Korbin Sims are your best players going into a match you want to be playing the Bulldogs to have any hope.

Funny how some seem to still get that false hope after a win. I know the score starts at 0-0 but we can't and will not beat the Storm this season. The excuses are already written. I'm willing to put my house on it.

Dragon David

First Grade
Melbourne firm favourites because their non-origin players are far, far, far superior to the team we will field. Heck they let Drinkwater go who put two tries on us as easy as anything. We've got real confidence and mental issues unlike any other season, backs that can't diffuse bombs or read what's going on in defence and a very lacklustre pack of forwards. When Norman, McInnes and Korbin Sims are your best players going into a match you want to be playing the Bulldogs to have any hope.

Funny how some seem to still get that false hope after a win. I know the score starts at 0-0 but we can't and will not beat the Storm this season. The excuses are already written. I'm willing to put my house on it.
Unfortunately for this season, hope is all we have but still got to remain positive!!

I agree with you there Crush.
We only beat the Cowboys because Frizzel had a blinder and Vaughn and Hunt had big games.
All three will be missing against Melbourne.

Jersey No 14

Juniors
Correct me if I'm wrong... v The Storm - I can't see how this can't see anything but a flogging
v the Cowboys the enthusiasm was less ordinary - Shows us how inept they're traveling.
We won't have any of our pseudo stars. I'm feeling sick about this already.
Our worse we -70 (give or take) I believe that margin will be tested.

And while we're down - the thing that pains me the most...
Mary will pull some mind numbing B.S out of his ar&e and will live on for the remainder of his contract.
This is going to hurt.

... And I'm a glass half full dude

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
https://forums.leagueunlimited.com/threads/round-16-vs-storm.476424/

Ljk1Mj.gif

Dragons 09

Juniors
I just don't get all the pessimism.

Sure we lose our Origin players, but we still have Aitken, remember, he will play Origin this year, Dufty, he can score a try which apparently makes up for dropping a couple of bombs, having negative run metres and missing crucial tackles by just running straight past the bloke with the ball, Maranta, obviously due for a massive game, Latimore get's a chance to play bigger minutes, Nicholls will be jumping put of his skin if he get's to play his 2nd NRL game at 30 years of age and Jai Field is likely to be the surprise packet when super coach uses him as a middle forward sub from the bench.

You blokes need to fire up and be true supporters.....you know, D4L and all that stuff:)

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Oh yeah, this’ll get as fugly as it gets, unfortunately.

Remember last year the Storm put 50 on an (admittedly) understrength Dragons side. However, the squad’s top 30 was stronger last year and the side was also (generally) going better.

Bellamy will have a field day. It will be like a cat poking at a dead mouse.

Dragsters

First Grade
So we will be missing...

Friz
Hunt
Vaughan
and Sims (either way)

and they will be without...

Munster
Finucane
Kafusi
Addo-Carr
Chambers
and maybe Christian Welsch

Last year, yes they scored 52 but we scored 30 and led with about 20 to go from memory then they finished too strong for us.

If Jahrome Hughes is out as well then I think we may have some kind of a slim chance to get em if we play with intent.

Rose-coloured glasses perhaps but we shall see...

gaz_head

Juniors
So we will be missing...

Friz
Hunt
Vaughan
and Sims (either way)

and they will be without...

Munster
Finucane
Kafusi
Addo-Carr
Chambers
and maybe Christian Welsch

Last year, yes they scored 52 but we scored 30 and led with about 20 to go from memory then they finished too strong for us.

If Jahrome Hughes is out as well then I think we may have some kind of a slim chance to get em if we play with intent.

Rose-coloured glasses perhaps but we shall see...
You can add Normy to that list