What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 16 vs Storm

getsmarty

Immortal
match-default-1736x350.jpg

Telstra Premiership Round 16 Dragons vs Storm
Telstra Premiership

Round 16 - Thursday 4th July 2019

Match: Dragons vs Storm
Kick off: 7:50pm
dragons-badge.svg

home Team

Dragons

storm-badge.svg

away Team

Storm

#NRLDragonsStorm

Venue: WIN Stadium

Match broadcasters

• Nine Network
  • Foxtel
  • LIVE PASS
  • KAYO
Ground Conditions: N/A

Weather: Unknown

Buy Tickets
Stats
Current Season
Wins this season
43%

6/14

86%

12/14

Points Scored
home St. George Illawarra Dragons

away Melbourne Storm
Points Conceded

away Melbourne Storm
Completion Rate
77%

79%

Tackle Efficiency
88.4%

89%

Average Points Scored

away Melbourne Storm
Average Points Conceded

away Melbourne Storm
Average Play The Ball
3.4s

3.46s

https://www.dragons.com.au/draw/nrl-premiership/2019/round-16-dragons-v-storm/

George Dragon

Juniors
Lafai should be back
Norman and Field halfs
Kafusi on the edge
Kerr next in line plays
That leaves Allgood and Timm who does Mary go with....
21 man squad I think everyone available gets named

rednwhites

Juniors
Both teams decimated by Origin but Melbourne have a lot more talent left on the park. We will need Storm to be off their game but that doesn't happen under quality coaches.

Us Dragons fans should shut up and enjoy our marvellous win against a rampaging Cowboys team I suppose.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Ah! round 16, thw battle of the reserve graders. Given we would definitely be without Hunt, Friz, T. Sims and Vaughan and possibly without K. Sims and even Norman, but I dont see how either get a start tbh. I see our mastercoach has given ample time to their replacements :thinking::rolling_eyes:.......not.
I think McGregor will go with (i said McGregor remember):

1. Dufty
2. Rava
3. Aitken
4. Lafai
5. Pearson
6. Norman*
7. Field
8. Latimore
9. McInnes
10. Leilua
11. Host
12. Robson
13. Lawrie

14. Kerr
15. K. Sims*
16. Kaufusi
17. Maranta

*Norman > Nicholls
*K. Sims > Allgood

I dont know wgat young Timm has to do to get a run but McGregor will always go for experience first.
He'll have Maranta on the bench to cover in case Lafai doesnt see out the game.

The Storm will most probably be without, Addo-Carr, Munster, F. Kaufusi, Finucane and Chambers.

Gareth67

First Grade
We are in with a chance here , I hear that Bellache intends to give his stars the day- off against the Dragons and have a team of lower graders take their place - lawdy help us .

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
I hear Latimore gets the captaincy for his efforts in hitching a ride, swapping from a car to a bike ....... and beating McEgghead to the ground.

We can expect Lats to take over the captaincy from McInnes next season. McGregor said after the game, " Lats has shown great leadership and given that he is just reaching his prime in skill & age, we can expect him to lead the team over the next few seasons, possibly for another 10 years!"

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Ah! round 16, thw battle of the reserve graders. Given we would definitely be without Hunt, Friz, T. Sims and Vaughan and possibly without K. Sims and even Norman, but I dont see how either get a start tbh. I see our mastercoach has given ample time to their replacements :thinking::rolling_eyes:.......not.
I think McGregor will go with (i said McGregor remember):

1. Dufty
2. Rava
3. Aitken
4. Lafai
5. Pearson
6. Norman*
7. Field
8. Latimore
9. McInnes
10. Leilua
11. Host
12. Robson
13. Lawrie

14. Kerr
15. K. Sims*
16. Kaufusi
17. Maranta

*Norman > Nicholls
*K. Sims > Allgood

I dont know wgat young Timm has to do to get a run but McGregor will always go for experience first.
He'll have Maranta on the bench to cover in case Lafai doesnt see out the game.

The Storm will most probably be without, Addo-Carr, Munster, F. Kaufusi, Finucane and Chambers.

The Storm need to spend the week in Ethiopia, get Delli belly in India on the return trip and have their flight diverted to Kazakhstan for us to have any chance for a win........... Nice, l like!

borat.jpg

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Ponga injured and likely to miss Origin 3.

Given Norman was the 19th man does this bring him into the QLD team?

Gareth67

First Grade
ponga is 100% to play origin 3. He nearly played this weekend

Do you mean that Walters has taken a leaf out of the great tacticians ( our Mary for the uninitiated ) book and is playing ‘ducks and drakes ‘with the cane toads like Mary plays ‘ducks and drakes ‘ with our dragons - bluudy confusing isn’t it ?

qld redvee

Juniors
our forward stocks are thinning I dont think there is any other options than Timms Allgood Kaufusi Kerr to replace Vaughan frizz and the sims brothers . in the 17 .. This must be the game that Luc stands up and does something I dont think we can carry him much longer

Watching young jackson Ford in the CC today Id be tempted to elevate him into the top 30 and whack him on the bench instead of maranta this would give us someone out wide if needed if not another forward .. Maybe Kevvie might pluck Maranta onto the maroons squad after his last 2 outings that would make things easier for us as mary couldnt pick him !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

blacksafake

First Grade
Ponga injured and likely to miss Origin 3.

Given Norman was the 19th man does this bring him into the QLD team?
If Norman plays fullback in origin they’re in trouble.
And if he does the club would see it as a feather in L plates cap by stating he turned Norman into an origin player.:weary:

jeffdragon

Bench
Field hb
Kaufusi Kerr timm in .
Good on the nrl playing this game during origin.
I think would have a chance with a full squad but no chance now to win.