What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nrl grudge against dragons

Wittenberg

Juniors
Your right saying that every club sometimes feels hard done by.....god I’ve got a mate at work who is a Rooster fan who thinks that the NRL and other clubs pick on them because of jealousy and that we refuse to acknowledge their excellence on and off the field. He nearly belted me last year because every day during the finals I would eat my lunch and present him with a brown paper bag which I bought my sandwich in and told him Politis could use it to put this year’s ‘present’ in. Childish I know but it drove him crazy.

jak

Bench
Your right saying that every club sometimes feels hard done by.....god I’ve got a mate at work who is a Rooster fan who thinks that the NRL and other clubs pick on them because of jealousy and that we refuse to acknowledge their excellence on and off the field. He nearly belted me last year because every day during the finals I would eat my lunch and present him with a brown paper bag which I bought my sandwich in and told him Politis could use it to put this year’s ‘present’ in. Childish I know but it drove him crazy.
to subtle,but I loved it well done sir.

Frank Facer

First Grade
I still can not recall any penalty try being given for a high tackle, except for the 1999 Grand Final.

Then there is the 96 Grand Final, where Ridge was tackled, but allowed to play on.

Then there was the 2005 semi against Wests, where Barrett was tackled and played on, but we were penalised, Wests scored off the next set.

FlameThrower

Bench
It’s because our board, coach and CEO are the Marcel Marceau of the NRL.
They never stand up and make a comment.
Mary never says ‘I’ll be asking for full explanation on that call from referees boss on Monday ‘
Sorry but we are the easy beats of the NRL on and off the field..

SGMax

Juniors
I also remember Ryles getting sent off for supposedly stomping on an opposite props foot in the scrum.:joy:

Yes, I think Ryles copped a kick during a scrum(?) and when he flicked back at the opposition it was the only part the refs saw and sent him off.
Poor Ryles, he only had to look sideways for a second nd there would be a penalty against him.

I think McDougal got away with one of the worst stompings on poor Toovey's head.

Crush

Coach
Are footy forums just for grumpy winging old men? (I include myself here)
Are there any happy young people on this forum? Any 25 year old women?
Anyone under the age of 30?
I'm convinced that this forum is nothing but 40 - 80 year old men.

im sure every team thinks this but some of the calls against our team are just unbelievable...
Mccinnes no penalty against Souths last year
Frizell banned for touching a ref never happened again
Jdb no fault stand down policy
Sims tackle that every single backrower makes at least once a week suspended

Any others come to mind guys ?

You speak the truth Mick.

Play the balls/ held-not held/ ref touching/ knee lifting / suspensions for obstruction (still the best, lol) bombs in-goal / unbelievable results out of the old finals systems... etc

There is a lot of heartburn in there.

A lot of heartburn.

SGMax

Juniors
My favourite is the no try in the 2015 Anzac Game (with the hail stoppage) where we put a kick through, grounded it just before the dead ball line and the ref refused to even send it up for review.

Luckily we won that game anyway but would have been a bigger deal if it happened to NQ, Melb, or the Roosters.

My favourite is the no try in the 2015 Anzac Game (with the hail stoppage) where we put a kick through, grounded it just before the dead ball line and the ref refused to even send it up for review.

Luckily we won that game anyway but would have been a bigger deal if it happened to NQ, Melb, or the Roosters.

I was at that game. Great win.

The weather was unbelievable. It was the end of days!! :cold_sweat::sweat_smile:

This Year?

Immortal
We could also talk about the things we have got away with too. :p

I'll kick off with the boot of Brett in the 2010 Grand final.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Is it a grudge or conspiracy theory or are we just dumb?

It seems the NRL bring in a rule and we are the first to break it (apart from the JDB one). Many incidents have been mentioned already, but my favourite has to be McInnes passing into the player in the ruck.

I said in another thread that Tariq would need to curb his aggression when making tackles on playmakers and kickers, especially with the new crackdown, low and behold he is first to be pinged.

As I said conspiracy theory or just dumb, or is it both?

I think the Cows would be feeling a little conspiracy theories also seeing they were duded by ref calls, or even Penrith on the weekend, with a couple of rough calls. etc.

f**k off Greenberg

551136-brett-morris.jpg

Da ReFs ArE aLwAyS aGaInSt Us