What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nrl grudge against dragons

st.phil

Bench
im sure every team thinks this but some of the call against our team are just unbelievable...
Mccinnes no penalty against Souths last year
Frizell banned for touching a ref never happened again
Jdb no fault stand down policy
Sims tackle that every single backrower makes at least once a week suspended

Any others come to mind guys ?
allowing us to re-sign Mary!

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
If you look at the content that holds the positions with the nrl, is it any wonder.

I love my Dragons and always will but .............. the game is heading for the sh!tter.
Run by d!ckheads, with many d!ckheads playing it, clubs owned by even more d!ckheads.

I tell you, if we had a D!ckhead Free Day, the nrl would need to have a bye because no one there could turn up!

Walpole

Juniors
If you look at the content that holds the positions with the nrl, is it any wonder.

I love my Dragons and always will but .............. the game is heading for the sh!tter.
Run by d!ckheads, with many d!ckheads playing it, clubs owned by even more d!ckheads.

I tell you, if we had a D!ckhead Free Day, the nrl would need to have a bye because no one there could turn up!
I like this. Along with the indigenous round, and women in league round etc. we should have a No Dickhead Round. Some teams would only be able to field about four players. We wouldn't have a coach.

SGMax

Juniors
Its been like that for a long time....like they want to use the Dragons to prove a point.
* Dean Young shoulder charge to the head by Inglis treated as minor.
* Jason Ryles copped head high tackles which were excused because he had bent over a little.
* I remember Creagh getting hit off the ball (on suspicion) and leaving the field for the rest of the game. No action taken.
* Weyman was smashed in an intentional head clash against the Raiders and they celebrated knocking him out. No action taken.

im sure every team thinks this but some of the calls against our team are just unbelievable...

Grow the f**k up.

Dragons 09

Juniors
Back on topic though, we sure do seem to get some howlers.
I remember Craig Smith all but being rubbed out of the game for knee lifting but before him, Sironen was a serial offender and he practically never raised a mention.
Adam McDougal did a replica Craig Smith run just after Smithy had copped a 6 week suspension and mad dog only got 1 week.
Konny Hurrell smashes Tupou's jaw in a knee lifting run in half a dozen places and got 3 weeks then did it again and knocked out Jake Turbo i think it was and escaped without a penalty.
There are other glaring instances of inconsistencies that i can't recall right now (and yes, different era's i agree), but it sure seemed as though Smithy was singled out for some reason.

Anon

Bench
The abortion that is the current obstruction rule also came about to justify a bullshit no try call by Bill Harrigan against us in the Anzac Day game (2003 I think). Prior to this the obstruction rule worked fine for 80+ years.

We were also the first and only victim of the rule change bought in to stop players deliberately throwing the ball at an offside opposition player. McInnes wasn’t even looking at the player when he threw the pass.

We’re also the only team to have lost a game from an illegal play after full time.

blacksafake

First Grade
Its been like that for a long time....like they want to use the Dragons to prove a point.
* Dean Young shoulder charge to the head by Inglis treated as minor.
* Jason Ryles copped head high tackles which were excused because he had bent over a little.
* I remember Creagh getting hit off the ball (on suspicion) and leaving the field for the rest of the game. No action taken.
* Weyman was smashed in an intentional head clash against the Raiders and they celebrated knocking him out. No action taken.
I also remember Ryles getting sent off for supposedly stomping on an opposite props foot in the scrum.:joy:

jak

Bench

without doubt your best post,could not agree more.

im sure every team thinks this but some of the calls against our team are just unbelievable...

Nah they hate Mary too it’s just we’re caught in the crossfire lol