What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Belinda Sleeman set to become first female NRL referee

adamkungl

Immortal
Her handling as a main ref of a Qcup game (easts v cutters) earlier in the year was f**king horrendous. Carlin Anderson cops a sickening knock to the head trying to catch a bomb and is unconcious on the ground in absolute distress and she allows the game to continue for 2-3 more plays. Easts end up scoring but it was some of the most farcical officiating I have ever seen. He ended up with a fractured vertebrae and I acknowledge that she is not a doctor and not able to diagnose injuries off the cuff but it was pretty f**king obvious play needed to stop to get this kid immediate medical attention.

Similar has happened in the NRL at least once this year so...

bileduct

Coach
Her handling as a main ref of a Qcup game (easts v cutters) earlier in the year was f**king horrendous. Carlin Anderson cops a sickening knock to the head trying to catch a bomb and is unconcious on the ground in absolute distress and she allows the game to continue for 2-3 more plays. Easts end up scoring but it was some of the most farcical officiating I have ever seen. He ended up with a fractured vertebrae and I acknowledge that she is not a doctor and not able to diagnose injuries off the cuff but it was pretty f**king obvious play needed to stop to get this kid immediate medical attention.
I'd say there's a story like this in every single referee's past... and some of those stories are only a few weeks old.

Vee

First Grade
I watched her live in QCup Pride v Hunters a couple of weeks ago and was quite impressed.

Regardless, she couldn't be worse than some of the muppets making decisions recently.

Canard

Immortal
Similar has happened in the NRL at least once this year so...

The Cowboys v Storm.

Nene McDonald had a broken ankle and John Asiata busted elbow, and they kept playing on for several tackles, and miraculously resulted in a penalty to the Storm.

Initially the NRL outright lied and said the referees were not at fault, and pretended there was some rule change that allowed this. They quickly backtracked not long after.

TIGER14

Bench

Springs09

Juniors
Good to see she's already copping it

At least we'll get to hear sexist shit among the absolute rubbish officials cop from braindead losers on the sidelines.

Quicksilver

Bench
Good to see she's already copping it

At least we'll get to hear sexist shit among the absolute rubbish officials cop from braindead losers on the sidelines.

Pardon me for expecting a degree of consistency in decisions for a sport that I'm paying to watch.

I can assure that any criticism won't be sexist though.

siv

First Grade
If she referees NRL and Qld Cup how can she referee NRLW and W-Touch RL ?

I am certain women fans want women referees to ref their womens players

Or is this the start of women moving into the NRL playing ranks too

Quicksilver

Bench
If she referees NRL and Qld Cup how can she referee NRLW and W-Touch RL ?

I am certain women fans want women referees to ref their womens players

Or is this the start of women moving into the NRL playing ranks too

When we have a woman that can play like Taumalolo (or even Dugan for that matter) they should be able to play NRL.

Springs09

Juniors
Pardon me for expecting a degree of consistency in decisions for a sport that I'm paying to watch.

I can assure that any criticism won't be sexist though.

And how many games do you ref?

Ref abuse is a blight on the game. Expecting consistency is one thing - you expect consistency from highly paid players as well. The amount of garbage thrown around from the mouths of deadshits is disgusting.

Don't know where morons who keep calling for the refs to be sacked think good, new refs are gonna come from.

Quicksilver

Bench
Meanwhile, some of us expect these braindead losers on the sidelines to actually learn the rules before running their mouths, but that's apparently too much to ask.

It would help if "interpretations" weren't changed from week to week.

Ref to the rule book and we'd all be much better off.

bileduct

Coach
It would help if "interpretations" weren't changed from week to week.

Ref to the rule book and we'd all be much better off.
Are there any other interactions you have with employees at a particular establishment where you pay for a service, they get something wrong and you scream abuse at them at the top of your lungs?

Latest posts