What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

Dragons22

Juniors
So Ivan Cleary has a side at 2 from 10. Everyone has written them off.
Gets them on a 7 game wining streak. Maybe more. Completely turns around the side, makes hard decisions, cuts some players, bloods some new players. Cometeh turns around their season to now 9 wins this season. They should make the finals, in spectacular fashion.
To add, look at Stuart, Arthur and Hasler.

And were are stuck with a complete dope here who couldn’t coach a chicken to lay an egg. If McIdiot’s side was 2 from 10 and dead last he would stuff up big time and stop trying.

rednwhites

Juniors
Tonight huge parallels to last week. Had a ten-fifteen minute burst the rest was dreadful. Couldn't make an impact with one more player on the field. Completely embarrassed by 22 points again.

McGregor himself didn't defend it last week. He said "we all need to do better". We haven't done better, the season is clearly gone. Aside from the fact we can't afford to sack him, someone give me one reason he gets to coach the team for one more day.

Dragons22

Juniors
I love how this idiot gets such a strong reaction from his players.
Craig Bellamy: team loses 20-18 “It was crap” goes on next week to win 64-10 and goes on an 8 game winning streak.
Paul McIdiot: team loses 36-14 “We weren’t good enough. I’m not going to defend that”, goes on to lose 40-18!
But hey! We can still win the grand final!

rednwhites

Juniors
Just in it for the money now. Surely he knows he's a dead man walking but doesn't have the grace to walk himself.

I suggest a GO FUND ME page to raise the money to pay him off. This shame cannot go on any longer. Our club will die.

ghostface

Juniors
McGregor is a symptom of the problem. When a board member proclaims that Mary is preferred over Bennett then you know there's a larger issue at play. The article is dated but it clearly illustrates just how rotten those that run the club are.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/pa...llawarra-dragons-director-20140717-zu4lw.html

‘I think it’s important to look to the future and I think it’s important we do have a coach who can be long-term,’’ said O’Connor, who is also the Cutters chairman.

‘‘I think for the stability of the Dragons and the consistency of the Dragons we need a coach who can commit long-term to and nurture that production line of juniors.

‘‘As Mary has said, he’s not a career coach as such, he’s got a passion for the club here, the St George Illawarra Dragons.

‘‘We have a large talent pool of juniors and to maximise that talent pool and to have NRL players coming through you need a long-term coach.

‘‘I can easily see, having been involved with him at the [Illawarra] Cutters, that he could easily be the next supercoach.’

Last edited:

Dragons22

Juniors
Mary meets with Johnson for an emergency meeting regarding the club, role play:
Johnson: “So, Mary, what has been going on so far in season 2019? The team is 3rd last, the worst defensive side, for and against of -100 and fans sick and tired of poor results?”
McGregor: “Well, Brian, you really have to look at season 2019 so far in a proper perspective. First we lost De Belin in the pre-season. We played a solid first half for the first two games. Then we lost Gareth in round 3, which was a game we won too, so that is spectacular. So after that I went on a 4 game winning streak and was rightly deserved with a new contract. You know we won 3 of those games by 2 points or less, and we beat the Bulldogs! Then you know we played 3 weeks straight of one good half; Second half in ANZAC Day, first half against Parra, first half against Warriors. In the process we lost Normy, which was a big loss for us, we also ahd Korbin out. Round 11 we led the first half by 1 point even with our 65% possession, then we lost Jammer and Timmy, which made us lose you Cronulla, but hey that was an exciting game! Again we beat the Bulldogs, which was really something Brian. Then we lost Zac before round 14, which was a turning point because we lost McInnes as well after the 20 minute mark. You know, you stop the game after 20 and we would have won. Round 15 we beat the Cows, another special victory. Week after we lost to Melbourne by 2. I count that as a win through because we were so close. Then we lose to Canberra and Penrith big, but you know, that’s becaude of all of the other reasons I told you early. We can still win the grand final Brian!”
Johnson: “Mary, I sincerely apologising your ability to coach this side. Truly we can win the 2019 premiership. So when should I re-sign you another 2 years? Now? Seasons end? Or after round 2 next year?
McGregor: “Maybe Round 2 after we are leading the table”.
Johnson: “Done and dusted! Sorry for ever doubting your incredible coaching abilities”

tumbidragon

First Grade
McGregor is a symptom of a problem. When a board member proclaims that Mary is preferred over Bennett then you know there's a larger issue at play. The article is dated but it clearly illustrates just how rotten those that run the club are.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/pa...llawarra-dragons-director-20140717-zu4lw.html

‘I think it’s important to look to the future and I think it’s important we do have a coach who can be long-term,’’ said O’Connor, who is also the Cutters chairman.

‘‘I think for the stability of the Dragons and the consistency of the Dragons we need a coach who can commit long-term to and nurture that production line of juniors.

‘‘As Mary has said, he’s not a career coach as such, he’s got a passion for the club here, the St George Illawarra Dragons.

‘‘We have a large talent pool of juniors and to maximise that talent pool and to have NRL players coming through you need a long-term coach.

‘‘I can easily see, having been involved with him at the [Illawarra] Cutters, that he could easily be the next supercoach.’
That was better than most of the funnies in the paper! Particularly the unironic 'SuperCoach' statement.
This club is poison! I thought Gordon would come in with some fresh leadership and a new direction. But turns out he provably gives zero f**ks and is using us as a right off...

Latest posts