What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 18 vs Raiders @ GIO Stadium Canberra

Who will win? Round 18: Raiders v Wests Tigers

• Canberra Raiders 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vic Mackey

Referee
Well I assumed MCK to center and Garner on the bench was a cover for Talau coming in, however the Tigers media guy has tweeted how happy he is to see Garner back after the horrible couple of months he’s had in his personal life, so unless Talaus on the wing for Momirovski or someone else is out then Tommy’s still 18th man

Tiger05

First Grade
Well I assumed MCK to center and Garner on the bench was a cover for Talau coming in, however the Tigers media guy has tweeted how happy he is to see Garner back after the horrible couple of months he’s had in his personal life, so unless Talaus on the wing for Momirovski or someone else is out then Tommy’s still 18th man

I thought Talau was playing as per the info on here. I guess we will know pretty close to kick-off.

Chee-Kam in the centres is a good option. He is a great runner of the footy. Momo on the wing is okay as well.

I hope though Talau is playing and he is a gun.

Tiger05

First Grade
Seriously!!!! I think Brooks is a half and a bloody good one playing in a shit side. I think he should be given free reign.

Brooks is pretty good but he isn't in the top echelon of halves or players in the game. We need a couple of players in our team at that level.

WA Tiger

Bench
Anyway we’ve had that discussion yesterday and the day before ...So as suggested let’s look at his “key moments” and the hoped for outcomes and come up with an approximate +/- score.

Tiger05

First Grade
Anyway we’ve had that discussion yesterday and the day before ...So as suggested let’s look at his “key moments” and the hoped for outcomes and come up with an approximate +/- score.

This will be interesting. I reckon he gets judged too harshly but I think that is because people's expectations are too high.

Pezz70

Juniors
Brooks is pretty good but he isn't in the top echelon of halves or players in the game. We need a couple of players in our team at that level.

I disagree. He was brought in to the NRL Probly 2 years too early and then got smashed by fans and media for two or three years. This has really effected his confidence. I think this year he is has made real in-roads. I want to see him throw a bit of caution to the wind occasionally, back himself. I rate him every bit as good as any of the origin halves atm. You put him behind a firing pack he is close to the best half in the NRL. Problem is the Tigers pack are consistently poor, you get the odd good individual performance but it’s very rare for three or four tigers forwards all to get out of bed for the same game. Very hard to show your wares when your forwards aren’t punching through and defence is in your face as soon as the ball hits your hands. Cooper Cronk would be no better in the tigers side

Last edited:

stryker

First Grade
I don’t subscribe to the school of move Brooks to 1/6/9 school.

He is a pure halfback, albeit an inconsistent and non-dominant one. His issues will not disappear by moving him positions and will shift the issue.

If he isn’t good enough to be a highly performing 7 we should get rid of him.

However at the start of this year he signed a deal until 2023 so I’d say that won’t be easy.
Do not agree. He is a natural, running 5/8 who is having his career ruined by those claiming he is a halfback. He couldnt organise a root in a whorehouse and kicks the ball like a one legged truckie.

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
It looks like Talau isn't playing. It would have been good to see him. Hopefully we play well.

Pezz70

Juniors
It looks like Talau isn't playing. It would have been good to see him. Hopefully we play well.

Would’ve been better of with Liddle playing reggies, Talau having a run on the wing, Momo in the centres and Chee Kam off the bench. I’m really sick of two hookers. Limits our coverage in the case of an injury and has not been particularly effective in any of the 10-12 games Maguire has done it this year. Must stop!!

We all know the definition of stupidity !

Tiger05

First Grade
I think the game is already over and we are down by a bunch of points without even being that bad. I reckon Brooks and Benji have been pretty good. Eisenhuth, Momo and Robbie have been poor. The rest have been okay.

Mikaele and Aloiai are good young props. They get the job done up the middle. ET makes us better defensively.

That is a rough half of footy.

Pezz70

Juniors
Two hookers. SMH.
Eisenhuth poor? What game are you watching? I actually thought Aloia was very average. Lazy!!!! Try was redeeming but otherwise - 4 hitups in a half not good enough.

Nofoaluma had his best half of footy this year in a well beaten team

Last edited:

Latest posts