What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 ASHES: 1st Test Australia v England, Edgbaston Aug 1-5

tomdl

Bench
Pattinson and Khawaja confirmed starters. Got a feeling Bancroft and Marnus both play over Harris and Wade otherwise we end up with 5 lefties and 1 right handed in the top 6.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Pattinson and Khawaja confirmed starters. Got a feeling Bancroft and Marnus both play over Harris and Wade otherwise we end up with 5 lefties and 1 right handed in the top 6.

confirmed by whom ?

He would if he gets big runs which we hope he does!

It's just a numbers game. Middle order will face more of the spin, Labuschagne is also a good player of spin. I'd expect him to be selected over Wade.

But I fear they'll select Mitch Marsh if they go with Pattinson.

lockyno1

Post Whore
It's just a numbers game. Middle order will face more of the spin, Labuschagne is also a good player of spin. I'd expect him to be selected over Wade.

But I fear they'll select Mitch Marsh if they go with Pattinson.

Pattinson is a certainty especially based off the your game. Plus him and Cummins if fit are easily our best bowlers. Raffle the 3rd one. I’d personally go Siddle but I’m happy with Hazelwood.

Not sure on Laubashgne and Wade. Either one is fine.

Eh, not sure it matters too much.

England have dicked us 4 series in a row at home without using a left armer (unless you count Giles). Great Aussie and Windies teams of yesteryear dominated by right armers.

And conversely we’ve had a left armer in the last 3 series over there, hasn’t done us much good. Both of them pretty erratic.

According to the above the lineup will be

Warner
Bancroft
Khawaja
Smith
Head
Wade
Paine
Cummins
Pattinson
Siddle
Lyon

Surprised no Labuschagne. Surprised, but pleased Starc has been left out.

Siddle is the biggest question mark for mine. That’ll be interesting.

lockyno1

Post Whore
According to the above the lineup will be

Warner
Bancroft
Khawaja
Smith
Head
Wade
Paine
Cummins
Pattinson
Siddle
Lyon

Surprised no Labuschagne. Surprised, but pleased Starc has been left out.

Siddle is the biggest question mark for mine. That’ll be interesting.

Had a feeling they'd go Siddle. Just takes buckets of wickets in these conditions. I'm not convinced Hazelwood is fit (match fit I mean). You need a bowler like Siddle to bowl 50 balls in the right area, these 130-135kmph trundlers take a mountain of wickets in England.