What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 ASHES: 1st Test Australia v England, Edgbaston Aug 1-5

lockyno1

Post Whore
Siddle is a great pick. Need someone to run in all day from one end and put the ball on a dime. Look what Murtagh did to England last week.

This. Your express, blast a team out bowlers are Cummins and Pattinson. You need a bowler to bowl donkey overs, and no Lyon isn’t the one. Either Hazelwood or Siddle not fussed. I’d go Siddle personally on form.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
There's some question marks over every pace bowler except that magnificent stallion Patrick Cummins.

Siddle: too slow, too ugly, too Victorian, too plod.
Pattinson: he's as fragile as Bruce Reid.
Starc: white ball king red ball Jack.
Hazelwood: needs a big series with a big haul. He's not lived up to his potential for mine.

lockyno1

Post Whore
There's some question marks over every pace bowler except that magnificent stallion Patrick Cummins.

Siddle: too slow, too ugly, too Victorian, too plod.
Pattinson: he's as fragile as Bruce Reid.
Starc: white ball king red ball Jack.
Hazelwood: needs a big series with a big haul. He's not lived up to his potential for mine.

Yep, so it's understandable they are leaning to the bowlers in form.

Eelectrica

Referee
Apparently Khawaja and Pattinson are in:
https://www.cricket.com.au/news/jus...son-khawaja-starc-siddle-hazlewood/2019-07-30
So that would make the side a little like this I'd imagine
1. Warner
2. Harris
3. Khawaja
4. Smith
5. Head
6. Labuschange
7. Paine
8. Cummins
9. Pattinson
10. Hazlewood
11. Lyon

I'd probably go Bancroft at 5 at Head at 6 though to strengthen the batting a bit more.
I guess with Siddle, he did take more wickets in the intra squad trial game than Hazlewood and Starc. I'd still find it harder to leave Hazlewood out of the first test team though if he's fit.

Eelectrica

Referee
Here's one for ya - is Starc and possibly Hazelwood on the outs because of their objections to Smith and Dave Wanker's comments around the sandpaper scandal?
Don't know about that. I mean Starc and Warner played in the WC together.
What's done is done. When they're retired they can throw all the barbs they want at each other if they want.

I can't wait.

The Ashes...ahhhh...

On a total side note - and only because most of the most experienced LU's folks are in this thread...but whatever happened to El Diablo?

Latest posts