What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We are making the 8

Vic Mackey

Referee
Well a very favourable weekend and we’re now officially in the 8 at the end of a round so it’s in our hands

Warriors Gone
Knights just about gone
Broncos hanging on by a thread
Panthers in much worse form then us

A win next week will put us in a great position

Souths should have belted the sharks.

I’d like to think sgi can nail the eels tomorrow, if they play like they did last week, they will come close plus they are at home.

On paper they are the much much deadlier side.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Souths should have belted the sharks.

I’d like to think sgi can nail the eels tomorrow, if they play like they did last week, they will come close plus they are at home.

On paper they are the much much deadlier side.

Eels have a dream run home, as they have all season. Somehow only played Storm, Roosters and Souths once each. Absolutely farcical. They probably only need to win 2 more games. They’re there

I think it’s likely between us, Sharks and Broncos for the last 2 spots. Penrith and Knights could turn it around but I can’t see it. Both have tricky runs and are in horrible form.

The unknown

Juniors
Eels have a dream run home, as they have all season. Somehow only played Storm, Roosters and Souths once each. Absolutely farcical. They probably only need to win 2 more games. They’re there

I think it’s likely between us, Sharks and Broncos for the last 2 spots. Penrith and Knights could turn it around but I can’t see it. Both have tricky runs and are in horrible form.

Sharks have a similar sort of run home like us, playing teams outside the 8 then raiders in r24 I believe.

Deadset I think r25 could be a playoff for 8th spot as I see the refs helping Brisbane just nudge into 7th probably

top 6 is sealed, imo only 7th/8th are open

Vic Mackey

Referee
Sharks have a similar sort of run home like us, playing teams outside the 8 then raiders in r24 I believe.

Deadset I think r25 could be a playoff for 8th spot as I see the refs helping Brisbane just nudge into 7th probably

top 6 is sealed, imo only 7th/8th are open

Broncos have 4 of 5 in QLD, they’ll get plenty of help. They have the Cowboys in Townsville this Thursday. NQ would love nothing more then to end their finals hopes. If the Cowboys can do them and we beat the Dogs it might be a big enough gap to get us there

BTW the betting agencies still have us finishing 9th, they’re backing Penrith and the Sharks in over us

I think it’s still going to come back to for & against and whilst it was good on Thursday, there’s a long way to go.

Sharks get their full strength team back and look good as well as having a positive for & against.

As for the teams below us, only knights have a better difference.

Need a big win, 14+ by the Dragons today to finish the round in a good position for the Tiges.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Broncos have 4 of 5 in QLD, they’ll get plenty of help. They have the Cowboys in Townsville this Thursday. NQ would love nothing more then to end their finals hopes. If the Cowboys can do them and we beat the Dogs it might be a big enough gap to get us there

BTW the betting agencies still have us finishing 9th, they’re backing Penrith and the Sharks in over us
Betting agencies have got this wrong.Penrith have buckleys.Sharks should finish 7th & 8th spot is between us & the broncos.I so hope that we don’t have to beat Cronulla @ the 8th wonder to make the 8.I dread to think of a repeat of the catastrophe in the final Rd of 2016 vs Canberra.

Tigerm

First Grade
8th will do this hey:) Next year.
From memory, we lost 2 close ones (due to poor goal kicking), I guess Madge wants to give loyalty, but if we had just kicked one more goal in both games we would have been at least 24 pts, well entrenched in the finals, not sure it took so long to try someone else, oh well, shit happens.

simmo1

First Grade
It's completely in our hands now, and given our draw there should be absolutely no excuse for missing out.

I'm left with a slightly sick feeling knowing we'll probably find a way to stuff it up and come 9th.

Now that we have secured 8th spot. Just have to keep winning. It'd be nice to towel a couple of sides and really beef up that F/A but we haven't really put anyone to the sword this year.

Our destiny is in our hands now, can we forget about what Penrith and Ivan are doing.

WA Tiger

Bench
Not really.

I just think when the opportunity arises to remind people of the shortcomings of his character, his perverted beliefs, his total lack of integrity and overall selfishness, it would remiss of one not to take it.

It’s not my fault he is the most despised and morally bankrupt coach in the nrl.

Madge wouldn’t dream of putting himself before any club in such way. Unthinkable.
Tell me that’s not just like legend21 writes ....like I said 2 peas in a pod .

Tell me that’s not just like legend21 writes ....like I said 2 peas in a pod .

Ivan did untold damage to the club when we were in a very vulnerable position.

This was just after we had spent huge sums on suspect signings at his request and everyone had emotionally invested and believed in him.

He made us promises he didn’t keep and betrayed us.

I could understand and forgive if it was for a good reason. But it wasn’t.

He has cost us a fortune and broken our hearts.

So long as Ivan is in the game, every wt member and supporter is entitled to feel upset with him.

We won’t forget and we won’t forgive.

I hope he has a good and happy life, leaving the game worse for his engagement with it.

Tigerm

First Grade
Ivan did untold damage to the club when we were in a very vulnerable position.

This was just after we had spent huge sums on suspect signings at his request and everyone had emotionally invested and believed in him.

He made us promises he didn’t keep and betrayed us.

I could understand and forgive if it was for a good reason. But it wasn’t.

He has cost us a fortune and broken our hearts.

So long as Ivan is in the game, every wt member and supporter is entitled to feel upset with him.

We won’t forget and we won’t forgive.

I hope he has a good and happy life, leaving the game worse for his engagement with it.
WOW...it seems to me that Ivan infact has improved our position, we are on the cusp of the top 8, it has been a long while.
Without Ivan being a gimp, we wouldn't have ended up with Madge, without his big signings being poor we may not have found the players we now have.
He has to live with what he did, but it really is time to forget about him, he's not worth the effort.
Not sure what will happen by season's end, but I think we are in a strong position for the next few years, pushing for top 4.
I am beating a dead horse, but if we had changed goal kickers (much) earlier, we are probably close to top 4 this year.
Just gotta enjoy the ride.

Magpies Forever

Juniors
WOW...it seems to me that Ivan infact has improved our position, we are on the cusp of the top 8, it has been a long while.
Without Ivan being a gimp, we wouldn't have ended up with Madge, without his big signings being poor we may not have found the players we now have.
He has to live with what he did, but it really is time to forget about him, he's not worth the effort.
Not sure what will happen by season's end, but I think we are in a strong position for the next few years, pushing for top 4.
I am beating a dead horse, but if we had changed goal kickers (much) earlier, we are probably close to top 4 this year.
Just gotta enjoy the ride.

Agree on goal kicking. Masters should have been nudged aside a bit earlier. Maybe Mbye wasn't ready enough and needed more concentrated practice for his own confidence?