What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We are making the 8

Tigerm

First Grade
I swear shit like this happens to us all the time:

2008 Round 25 V Souths at Leicchardt Oval. We're 7th, they're 8th. A wayward needle in Robbie Farah makes his leg lame. Comes off after 8 minutes. We lose and miss the finals.

2009 Round 24 V Eels. They're 8th, we're 9th. We're up 8-0 early then in the space of minutes lose both wingers (Tuiaki and Ryan). We finish the game with John Morris and Danny Galea on the wings. Lose the game and miss the finals.

Last night we lose a center after 3 minutes and hooker after 20. Yes we dont make it easy for ourselevs but I swear these things that you cant control always happen when you least need them.

We truley are cursed.
Vic, we'll come good eventually:)

BrotherJim05

Bench
We aren't out of the 8 yet. Even if we lose 1 more of our remaining 4 we are still a chance.

For me its not about trying to win a premiership, its more what making the 8 represents. If Madge can get these boys firing to get into the 8, imagine what he can do once he assembles the team he wants.

Tiger05

First Grade
We aren't out of the 8 yet. Even if we lose 1 more of our remaining 4 we are still a chance.

For me its not about trying to win a premiership, its more what making the 8 represents. If Madge can get these boys firing to get into the 8, imagine what he can do once he assembles the team he wants.

I reckon we have a lot of improvement in us over the next couple of seasons.

The unknown

Juniors

We make it hard on ourselves though. a win against the Dogs would have put us in the hot seat

Tiger05

First Grade
Dont have enough fingers to count how many times and over how many years that has been said.

It's a good point. We get to the point we are now which is close to being a good side and potentially being able to go to market and purchase some players and we stuff it.

We require smart signings going forward and getting the dodgy contracts off our books.

It does suck though being a Tiger supporter. I was never confident against the Dogs and we completely stuffed it which is as per normal.

Front-Rower

First Grade
I reckon we have a lot of improvement in us over the next couple of seasons.

The only time I’ve felt confident of a “good year” the next year was after 2009 when we saw Lui come in to the side and provide stability in the halves, Ellis had settled into his role and Marshall was fit and able to play his running game with Lui there.

That last round game against the bulldogs in 2009 was the best they had played all season as well.

Pistol_Pete

Juniors
Boys we ain't making it. It would have been great but we dead set have the second worst team on paper. Throw into that we have absolutely given away 4 points against Canterbury and Penrith and it won't be happening. We needed everything to go our way, but among the top 30 we don't have one prick dedicated enough to learn to kick goals and that is a shit mentality.

WA Tiger

Bench
Boys we ain't making it. It would have been great but we dead set have the second worst team on paper. Throw into that we have absolutely given away 4 points against Canterbury and Penrith and it won't be happening. We needed everything to go our way, but among the top 30 we don't have one prick dedicated enough to learn to kick goals and that is a shit mentality.
Once again it’s up to Madge to manage that re goal kicking - Where’s the goal kicking coach - and other things that he hasn’t managed or has managed too late.eg getting rid of Jennings 20 weeks too late not booting Marsters from kicking way earlier Examples of these failings are mounting and If we don’t beat Manly tomorrow he gets a “failed”for this year - We havnt got a great team but he had enough available to get us into the 8..

Last edited:

Tiger Ted

Bench
I agree but against the Dogs we lost through dumb play as well. We have to stop that crap.
Losing Farah early in game cost us severely as did to a lesser extent not replacing Mbye after warmup injury.Nevertheless we still should’ve won the match.Geez I so hope we can make up for it by winning at Brooky 2nite although it’s very unlikely.

leaguelegend22

Juniors
Just firing this up again in case we need it - I hope I haven't jinxed us again. If anyone remembers the guy sobbing on the hill after the Cronulla game - that was me!

Scratch that - there were at least 50 of us grown men having a cry!

Pezz70

Juniors
Just firing this up again in case we need it - I hope I haven't jinxed us again. If anyone remembers the guy sobbing on the hill after the Cronulla game - that was me!

Scratch that - there were at least 50 of us grown men having a cry!

I think you’ve gone the early crow mate. We’ve shown some great improvements since the comp restarted bar the rubbish with the Titans. I still think we’re 12-14, we’ve had a couple of good games but we haven’t found the consistency and mental toughness yet. If we maintain the foundation we’ve built over the last few weeks over the next four or five games, ie; no big losses (margins less than 10) we are looking really good. We’ve shown glimpses for the past three or four seasons but just can’t maintain that level. One thing I have watched over the past few weeks is the level of enthusiasm Luciano Leilua brings to the side. Have a look at him next time he plays, he’s excitable and enthusiastic - I think he’d make a great captain next year.

Tigerm

First Grade
I think you’ve gone the early crow mate. We’ve shown some great improvements since the comp restarted bar the rubbish with the Titans. I still think we’re 12-14, we’ve had a couple of good games but we haven’t found the consistency and mental toughness yet. If we maintain the foundation we’ve built over the last few weeks over the next four or five games, ie; no big losses (margins less than 10) we are looking really good. We’ve shown glimpses for the past three or four seasons but just can’t maintain that level. One thing I have watched over the past few weeks is the level of enthusiasm Luciano Leilua brings to the side. Have a look at him next time he plays, he’s excitable and enthusiastic - I think he’d make a great captain next year.
I would be worried about his older brother though.

Trollhammaren

Juniors
Next few weeks are very important. We really must beat Souths, Brisbane (at the 8th Wonder of the World), and Warriors (at Campbelltown). Hopefully hold our own against the Eels too. If we get through that, with more troops on deck, I think we'll be there!

Latest posts