What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ot - I HATE CANCER

sandshark

Bench
As some of you know 3 years ago i had stage 3 colorectal cancer, imanage to beat it, was a struggle but got through it.

Just after i was diagnosed my wife got breast cancer and she mange to defeat this, well it seemed that way, yesterday she felt ill took her to hospital to be told its back, and we await a result tommorrow terminal.

Its so unfair we have 2 chlldren 13/11, all we ever wanted when both got cancer and given all clear was for us to see them make 18, that for my wife seems a long shot, i have told her to not give in, we can fight through this.

Why am i saying it here, well i need a place o vent we havent told the kids yet we just cant till we see what facing, saying it here i get some of the anger off my chest knowing it is not coming back to them from here to hear, f**k i hate this disease, i told my wife i wish it was me, f*ck she is early 40's
That sucks to hear, mate. Vent away if you need to. We'll listen.

wibble

Bench
That sucks so bad Stake.

I just passed my 4 year check up, but I still feel irrationally guilty when I think of my mates who didn't make it, of the young woman who was in the ward next to me with 6 kids who was fighting it.

I have little kids too but mine are too young to really know (6 and 8 now) and I had no idea what to tell them 4 years ago.

The thought of how f**ked it can all go just made me burst in to tears. Cancer is the worst f**king thing ever. You wouldn't wish it on your worst enemy.

Vent all you need, fight any way you need to. For what it's worth, I'm sure everyone here feels for you and your family and hopes for the best.

Windy70

Juniors
So sorry to hear that Stake. Here is a better place to Vent than FB. Thoughts are with you and your family.

SadShark

Bench

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
A real reality check when you hear all these stories.....Stay strong Stake.... the missus and kids need you more than ever at the moment....take good care of them and yourself as well champ.

Brother Stake, so sad to hear this very tough news. Hey, it’s not the full 70 yet so stay in the grind, leave nothing on the park. All power to the missus, to yourself, and to the kids.

Keep your chin up as much as you can, we’ve got your back as much as we can.

snout

First Grade
We're all here for you man. Support from afar but genuine caring and empathy.

My old man has been given 6 - 12 months with liver C. Hes 80 and had a good innings - but its these stories. The ones with parents of young kids.

Swing away Stakey. Fight on.

sharknows

Bench
Hey Stake so sorry to hear such bad news. Fingers crossed she defies this prick of a disease. Thoughts are with you mate.

Stake Removed

First Grade
Guys thank you it really helps, 6-12 months is what being told, one test to go.

I told him want 83 months to get son to 18, he said very small percentage, i said that means some, and told him we will roll dice on anything, hardest thing to come we tell kids on friday

As u might know i used to go under name Newfoundland, as thats where met her.

We are planning road trip to sydney in late September, see where i grew up.

Thanks again everyone, she said wont give up, we are trying to get in the grind

Latest posts