What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cursed players

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
+1 for Kyle Stanley

Who the hell does their ACL whilst fishing?

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Biggest one personally is Jharal Yow Yeh

The ultimate “what could have been”
I remember that night, two weeks away doing FIFO and when I got home from the airport and turned on the TV and 5 seconds later that happened. Getting back on the field at all after that took a gigantic pair of clangers

lockyno1

Post Whore
I remember that night, two weeks away doing FIFO and when I got home from the airport and turned on the TV and 5 seconds later that happened. Getting back on the field at all after that took a gigantic pair of clangers

Could have been anything such a shame

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
+1 for Kyle Stanley

A certain Bulldogs, Sea Eagles, NSW and Australian backrower from the 1980s allegedly tripped up the back stairs of his Lakemba unit while carrying his baby's pram breaking a finger or two.

Absolute bullshit. He was blind drunk.

Sonny83

Juniors
that young 22-24 yrs old Parra player retired few months ago, run and tackled at 110% every play. His name is something Pritchard I think.

Willie Ray

Bench
Darren Rodgers...big hard running centre played 20 games for the Bears in 1983,
2 games in 84,
9 games for Manly in 85,
1 game for Manly in 86...
played touch against him in the 90's,he threw a dummy got through the gap
and broke into this horrendous limping type of hobble...poor bugger had no knees at all...
Was going to be the next big thing...RL can be a cruel sometimes.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
+1 for Kyle Stanley

The drunkest I have ever been whilst still conscious would be fishing in 1st 2nd and 3rd and yet after being at the wheel of a decent size boat, use of many filleting knives, diving for crayfish (the most stupidest decision, never ever dive while intoxicated), getting a very angry mako shark off my hook and dealing with many other hazards the worst I ever did was a snapper spike under my fingernail.

I have stretched the greater corners of my imagination and still can't think of how he managed to do that.

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
The drunkest I have ever been whilst still conscious would be fishing in 1st 2nd and 3rd and yet after being at the wheel of a decent size boat, use of many filleting knives, diving for crayfish (the most stupidest decision, never ever dive while intoxicated), getting a very angry mako shark off my hook and dealing with many other hazards the worst I ever did was a snapper spike under my fingernail.

I have stretched the greater corners of my imagination and still can't think of how he managed to do that.
Does spearfishing in Jervis Bay while blind drunk count?

Anthony Topou
Leaves the Roosters an Aus Rep. Joins Sharks in 2009 when we win 5 games and the Johns stuff happens
His sister dies
ASADA stuff
Plays 2014 horror season. Spoon
Breaks his face
Last game for the harks is a 39-0 finals loss
Plays for Knights in 2016, the worst team ever. Spoon

Sharks win comp