What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

John Morris

Just on the mean girls. I've been reflecting on these rumours and decided that really they are a bit nonsensical.

How would Morris have even got the job if the mean girls didn't want him? There's NO WAY they would have "ratified" him.

This whole thread is like applying Elizabeth Kübler-Ross' Stages of Grief.

Stage 2: Anger – When the individual recognizes that denial cannot continue, they become frustrated, especially at proximate individuals. Certain psychological responses of a person undergoing this phase would be: "Why me? It's not fair!"; "How can this happen to me?"; "Who is to blame?"; "Why would this happen?".

No one wants to lose. This year, so far, is just a rolling series of misfortune. Sometimes, it just isn't possible to keep getting up from the knocks.

Only 1 time this year has the team had it's best side on the field. ONE time. Look what happened.
Exactly.

Surely

Post Whore
I think coaching can be similar to playing.

As a player you are expected to turn up and compete for 80 minutes. Do your extras during the week, compete every week. Young players and/or rookies fade out at various times of the season. Mentally and physically it is hard to be up every week.

Why is this any different for a coach? Especially a guy like Morris who as bubby says is a head coach years before his time. Don’t forget Morris is the youngest coach this season. There will be weeks he looks like a genius and weeks he could have done more to get the players “up”. However if there was ever a transition year, this is it.

Flanno ball is out. Playing what’s in front of you is in. We are going to pay the penalty for flanno’s “gifts” for a few years.
If Morris can handle the pressure and continue to introduce the best youngsters we will come out in good shape.

As a supporter, I’m not satisfied without a GF win, but just 1 semi final for the xerris, nikoras etc is worth so many experience points.

The changing of the guard and refreshing of an aging squad that failed in 2017 & 2018, is good for the future. Young enthusiastic guys over the next 18 months playing for their personal futures is what we need to see. Having Johnson and Dugan and Morris putting in every week as professionals is very important for the kids.

The balancing act for Morris is moving into the future whilst ensuring the team has earned the right to go around. Tighten up the middle defensively, add some speed and explosive middle forwards and watch the xerris, Mulitalo and Johnson’s go

The football style has changed, the skill set of the squad hasn’t.

Love these posts

The only times we’ve been successful in the last decade is when flanno has been coaching

As for flanno ball, well it would have won us the game against the pennies, flanno ball works even better when you have a Johnson in your side , when the opposition are out on their feet is the time to pull your Johnson out.

shaggs

Coach
Love these posts

The only times we’ve been successful in the last decade is when flanno has been coaching

As for flanno ball, well it would have won us the game against the pennies, flanno ball works even better when you have a Johnson in your side , when the opposition are out on their feet is the time to pull your Johnson out.
No it wouldn’t have. The forwards would have been dominated just as much if flanno was the coach or if Morris was.
The key thing is that our forward is what it was.

shaggs

Coach
Love these posts

Also, how many coaches have we had in the past decade?? Wasn’t flanno the longest serving shark coach.

Flanno was cancer to the club. We still have all the metastasis and will be dealing with that for years.

snout

First Grade
Flanno had his strengths.
He could recruit.
He coached tough football and knew this wins big games.
He kept egos in check.

He just wasnt smart enough to get away with whatever he believes he needed to do to win.

EPL. NFL. NRL.
All the champions do it. They need to.
They just do it better.

The broncos and roosters must just laugh and laugh and laugh at flanno.

On the park he ultimately got to a stage where he could mix it with the best but in those 'other' areas off the park he was an amatuer amongst seasoned pros.

Craigshark

First Grade
Just on the mean girls. I've been reflecting on these rumours and decided that really they are a bit nonsensical.

How would Morris have even got the job if the mean girls didn't want him? There's NO WAY they would have "ratified" him.

This whole thread is like applying Elizabeth Kübler-Ross' Stages of Grief.

Stage 2: Anger – When the individual recognizes that denial cannot continue, they become frustrated, especially at proximate individuals. Certain psychological responses of a person undergoing this phase would be: "Why me? It's not fair!"; "How can this happen to me?"; "Who is to blame?"; "Why would this happen?".

No one wants to lose. This year, so far, is just a rolling series of misfortune. Sometimes, it just isn't possible to keep getting up from the knocks.

Only 1 time this year has the team had it's best side on the field. ONE time. Look what happened.

I wouldn’t say I’m angry or looking to blame Morris completely for the way this year has turned out so far. Like I’ve pointed out there’s been plenty of contributing factors which by no means have all been his fault or has he had any control over. I actually want to see him do well and although I might contradict myself a little by saying it, he’ll receive a pass from me if we make the finals considering the circumstances.

I’m just a bit frustrated as to why we’re still seeing the same mistakes week in week out since the beginning of the season. For example everyone knows that if Chad Townsend runs direct it goes a long way to fixing our attack.

Happy to be wrong about the mean girls :blush:

Card Shark

Immortal
The broncos and roosters must just laugh and laugh and laugh at flanno.

On the park he ultimately got to a stage where he could mix it with the best but in those 'other' areas off the park he was an amatuer amongst seasoned pros.

The Broncos aren’t laughing at us, only twice this year.

We have been more successful than them in the last 5 years & this year isn’t over yet.

Card Shark

Immortal
It’s not all about money mate!

They have teenagers that haven’t seen a premiership with all their money (& advantage)!

Frenzy.

Immortal
Ok . Who the fu&$ are the ‘mean girls’ . Name them.

• Lindsay Lohan as Cady Heron, a 16-year-old girl who transfers to a public high school after being homeschooled her whole life in Africa.
    • Jessie Wright as 5-year-old Cady.
  • Rachel McAdams as Regina George, a rich popular teenager. Regina is Janis's ex-best friend and the leader of The Plastics.
  • Lacey Chabert as Gretchen Wieners, a member of the Plastics who only wants Regina's acceptance.
  • Amanda Seyfried as Karen Smith, the airhead best friend of Regina and Gretchen.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Season is not over.

New combinations that never got set due to injury.

Nikora from game one was a masterstroke.

Depends how many more games we play.

4 - Fail
5 - Pass
6 - Did well
7 - Great effort
8 - Awesome

9- (World Club Challenge final) I want to boof him.

sladden road

Juniors
Love these posts

Time to pull your Johnson out.

Line of the year.
Nah ahaha.
Especially when he’s made some tackles...
Dirty Johnson.

Quicksilver

Bench
I reckon any coach with balls makes those decisions quite easily.

A difficult decision would be telling Fifita to find a new club

So we've established that he does have balls.

And why/ how will he do that?

If Fifita's body is toast then no one is going to take on his contract. We would be $600k or $700k in the red on that deal. Add that to Flanos fine and what do we have left to work with?

Almost a million bucks off our salary cap in one move. It's an easy hole to dig as an armchair critic because you don't have to pull yourself out of it.

carinashark

First Grade
Thanks Frenzy! Not sure about your level of detail as I’m not into teen movies, so I’m going to have to interpret and overlay players personalities. So I’m presuming you are trying to tell me in an oblique way who are the Sharks mean girls. Sort of cryptic.
Gallen =Regina rich and popular. Head of the plastics
Duggan= Gretchen wants Paul’s acceptance.
Fifita = Karen , air head.
Prior= Lindsay, homeschooled, or is that no schooled.
Mean girls sub branch, The Plastics.these are the older players who pirouette and jersey grab when attempting a half ass tackle close to the line, or flop when they should be rejoining the defensive line. To get into the plastics this player must be overpaid, always returning from injury and be able to run backwards at a glacial pace. Throwing a pass to nowhere on the 2nd tackle will get you in as well. The Plastics used to be a band but now has grown to orchestra in size.

• Lindsay Lohan as Cady Heron, a 16-year-old girl who transfers to a public high school after being homeschooled her whole life in Africa.
    • Jessie Wright as 5-year-old Cady.
  • Rachel McAdams as Regina George, a rich popular teenager. Regina is Janis's ex-best friend and the leader of The Plastics.
  • Lacey Chabert as Gretchen Wieners, a member of the Plastics who only wants Regina's acceptance.
  • Amanda Seyfried as Karen Smith, the airhead best friend of Regina and Gretchen.
OMFG I’m telling your sister that you know this shit