What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

End of Season Excitement: Who Will Be 15th?

SaintPauli

Juniors
We will be in worse shape next year than this year.
The assistants won't make any difference especially if McGregor is still in charge.
They will just be canon fodder for Mr.Teflon.
We need a total overhaul and a coach that knows how to develop juniors.
Our defence is atrocious and any decent coach would have to start there.
Pay had very little firepower in attack so concentrated on tightening his defence.
Starting to reap the rewards at the back end of the season.
That is my fear. Which of the backs will stand up?
I personally hope we get Nene who was killing it in meters per game. Truly an extra forward. JDB case just prior season kickoff is the other influence on our new season.

This is the least hope I have had looking ahead to a new season.

jeffdragon

Bench
I hate Penrith..
Because of Maloney the sook. and Cleary overrated.
We will finish 14th beating tigers and titans.
But 14th 15th same shit.

Last edited:
I reckon the Cows have got a good chance of knocking us back to 15th this weekend. Penrith played like crap last week, possibly will again. Even if the Cows lose, there is a good chance we will lose by a lot more and possibly slip down the ladder on for and against.

You're right QAPM, this is exciting!
Prophetic...

Qapm

Juniors
I hate Penrith..
Because of Maloney the sook. and Cleary overrated.
We will finish 14th beating tigers and titans.
But 14th 15th same shit.

There's still a chance and Dragons are only 80 minutes away from the 14th!!

Cowboys need to beat Bulldogs next week and Dragons may have a chance against Tigers so the race is still on. Big problem is that both Cowboys and Titans face the Storm in the remaining two games so Dragons may avoid a well deserved fate.

Anyway, it has been a years long quest by the coaching staff and management and, at least for this week, the ladder almost reflects the Dragons true potential. I say almost because only a truly epic implosion at the Titan is preventing the Dragons getting the spoon this year.

FlameThrower

Bench
Listening to commentary about the Dragons, you can tell they don’t take the Club seriously and we are pretty much a private joke amongst them now.
They are basically laughing now during the commentary. How the Club and board can allow this to continue is a disgrace.
We are heading down to bottom dwellers territory and teams will pencil us in as a guaranteed win next year.

BLM01

First Grade
Listening to commentary about the Dragons, you can tell they don’t take the Club seriously and we are pretty much a private joke amongst them now.
They are basically laughing now during the commentary. How the Club and board can allow this to continue is a disgrace.
We are heading down to bottom dwellers territory and teams will pencil us in as a guaranteed win next year.
Would it be the 9 commentary?...the same lot that said how Mary is doing a great job, safe and a good bloke. That lot embarass themselves at times anyway

Qapm

Juniors
I've had an extremely low opinion of McGregor since very early on in this disastrous tenure, but not even I could have foreseen a pitiful season like this. I thought we'd finish 9th or 10th! What a disgrace

For a few weeks now I've been saying that both water and McGregor coached teams will find their natural level and that level was 15th for the Dragons.

Actually, their natural level is the Spoon, especially after last night's performance but an epic once in a millennium implosion at the Titans have denied the Dragons their rightful place.

These fools don't see how corrosive they are to the long term future of the club. Watching the game I could care less about the players I used to love: Widdop, Graham, Vaughn, even Korbin Sims and was actively cheering the Roosters.

The truth is right there in front of our eyes: anyone involved with the 2019 Dragons are just in it for the short term; vampires sucking any value out of the club. The corrosion spreads, even into long term fan's perception of their own team and players.

Qapm

Juniors
You heard it here first, I'm predicting the Dragons to finish 15th on the ladder, two games out.

Remember, both water and McGregor coached teams will find their natural level ***.

The key is next week's Tigers game and Cowboys vs. Bulldogs up in QLD.

Tigers are playing for the semi's while all accounts report that the Dragons players and coaching staff are shell shocked from the Rooster's clinic. Why they are surprised at this I cannot imagine. All they had to do was hang out here with true Dragons' fans at League Unlimited. Tigers to win. That and if Cowboys get the win against the Bulldogs, which I think they will, it is a done deal, no matter what happens in the final round. Warriors could lose the next two and it wouldn't matter if Tigers win.

Next week do yourselves a favor and instead of wasting time, energy and money on this flawed product spend time with the kids, the family or just wash the dishes.

*** - Also remember this year's Dragons' natural level is the Spoon but Titans are in the middle of a once in a millennium club implosion.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
You heard it here first, I'm predicting the Dragons to finish 15th on the ladder, two games out.

Remember, both water and McGregor coached teams will find their natural level ***.

The key is next week's Tigers game and Cowboys vs. Bulldogs up in QLD.

Tigers are playing for the semi's while all accounts report that the Dragons players and coaching staff are shell shocked from the Rooster's clinic. Why they are surprised at this I cannot imagine. All they had to do was hang out here with true Dragons' fans at League Unlimited. Tigers to win. That and if Cowboys get the win against the Bulldogs, which I think they will, it is a done deal, no matter what happens in the final round. Warriors could lose the next two and it wouldn't matter if Tigers win.

Next week do yourselves a favor and instead of wasting time, energy and money on this flawed product spend time with the kids, the family or just wash the dishes.

*** - Also remember this year's Dragons' natural level is the Spoon but Titans are in the middle of a once in a millennium club implosion.

Not so sure about the Cows beating the Doggies. Dogs are playing with a lot of spirit, Foran is steering that side around the paddock, and he's steering them well. I don't like the Dogs but Foran and Lewis have been impressive.

Forster Dragon

Juniors
I have said it many times this year that the Dragons are the WORST side to watch in the NRL.
I have not watched for weeks now and usually turn off very quickly once I witness our inept attack and backward and sideways defence.
One very poorly coached side.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
I have said it many times this year that the Dragons are the WORST side to watch in the NRL.
I have not watched for weeks now and usually turn off very quickly once I witness our inept attack and backward and sideways defence.
One very poorly coached side.

It was particularly poor last night. Our attack was 5 hit ups then kick. We rarely it made it out of our half on a set of six. In defence it was worse, the whole team backpeddles. When they aren't backpeddling they all follow the ballrunner like an under 6's side. Easts just went one way or the other until a suitable gap appeared.

It was marginally better in the second half but Easts had switched off by then.