What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 25 vs Sharks @ Leichhardt Oval

Who will win? Round 25: Wests Tigers v Sharks

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I’m not saying he can do it to the same extent now, but the stats say that Madge is not accustomed to retaining players he doesn’t think are up to the task.

He can and will put the knife into the neck of a plodder and twist it.

Ask Chris Lawrence about how sentimental the club feels these day. Madge brings that bitter ruthlessness with him. This year smiles, next year, the hate commences.

Momo is a genuine buy, but he can’t live with the likes of Jennings, Mbye and Esan letting us down at least every second game. They are gone.

Corey is great but needs an extra 10 kilo of muscle

Same with the forwards. They are courageous but they could reach the next level with more power and fitness.

It’s been a bit of a Disneyland season with benji and Farah, but the chances of it not ending in tears was remote.

We would be 13th under lyin ivan. He killed that panther side. Turned them into punks.

Gal is from Blacktown, underneath he hates the shire!

2020 is looking much better. Madge will want to move forward. That means finals.

WA Tiger

Bench
Lawrence having a whinge about only being offered $100k is a bit rich. I love the guy and he’s all heart but I wouldn’t have even offered him that.
I’m sure he’s smaller ...He got rag dolled a bit today

Last edited:

Pezz70

Juniors
Surely we have to looking at brooks 5/8, walters half and reynolds hooker? Thats not a bad spine with thompson a fb. Mbye stays at centre, rowdy can leave if he isnt happy, benji can stay as a bench spot. Liddle comes into 9 and reynolds goes to the bench

We really are scraping the bottom of the barrel, Thompson is an honest reserve grader. Marsters, Mbye, Jennings would join him in reserve grade at most other clubs. Nofoaluma would also struggle at nearly all other clubs to get a run in NRL.

I haven’t seen enough of Walters to comment on him, Reynolds would be captain of the reserves .

But the tigers have done ok with what options they had this year.

WA Tiger

Bench
I agree but we won’t get one next year

However for 2021 Madge will have a shitlod to spend and he’s a guy who can actually attract decent players
He hasnt bought Anyone yet and so has money to spend now ...may be in for a pleasant surprise soon...hopefully ..Those years from 2021 will still be used in the contract

simmo05

Bench
Geez, haven't we got enough pepper in our squad & you want more.

Than you want to bring over Manfred Moore.

Just relax - we finished where I expected where we would - had a shot at the 8; and couldn't quite make it.
We really are scraping the bottom of the barrel, Thompson is an honest reserve grader. Marsters, Mbye, Jennings would join him in reserve grade at most other clubs. Nofoaluma would also struggle at nearly all other clubs to get a run in NRL.

I haven’t seen enough of Walters to comment on him, Reynolds would be captain of the reserves .

But the tigers have done ok with what options they had this year.
I dont get the thompson hate. He would be in the top 5 fullbacks

Smellmyfinger

Juniors
We played the backend of the year with 2 starting frontowers that have never played NRL before this year. Thats unheard of. Our 2 first choice hookers gone. Our captain gone. Two of the laziest and heartless outside backs in Marsters and Jennings.

Right before kickoff we have a major disruption to the side.

There is so much upside in this team.

We need 2 very good outside backs, hopefully one a fullback, and that's it.

Next year Oliver Clark, Luke Garner and Alioai will be guns.

Vic Mackey

Referee
He hasnt bought Anyone yet and so has money to spend now ...may be in for a pleasant surprise soon...hopefully ..Those years from 2021 will still be used in the contract

Our caps already spent for next year mate. 28 of the 30 spots are taken and unless Madge is able to get rid of a Matulino/Packer/Reynolds our buys will be fringe first graders

Vic Mackey

Referee
We played the backend of the year with 2 starting frontowers that have never played NRL before this year. Thats unheard of. Our 2 first choice hookers gone. Our captain gone. Two of the laziest and heartless outside backs in Marsters and Jennings.

Right before kickoff we have a major disruption to the side.

There is so much upside in this team.

We need 2 very good outside backs, hopefully one a fullback, and that's it.

Next year Oliver Clark, Luke Garner and Alioai will be guns.

Agree and good post. Look at some of the squads who finished below us, then look at our squad and especially the injuries we had in the back half of the year. It’s amazing we finished 9th

Garner and Aloiai will becomes very good players who should start to peak next year. I don’t rate Clarke at all though, he’s bog average IMO. The 1on1 strip Fifita did on him was a big turning point in the game.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Surely we have to looking at brooks 5/8, walters half and reynolds hooker? Thats not a bad spine with thompson a fb. Mbye stays at centre, rowdy can leave if he isnt happy, benji can stay as a bench spot. Liddle comes into 9 and reynolds goes to the bench

Reynolds was on NRL.con during the week, they asked him if he is an option at staying and being our 9 next year. He said he’d rather leave and play 5/8 elsewhere as that’s what he sees himself as.

Liddle will be out most of the year, I think Mbye will be our 9.

Local juniors don’t win premierships. One or two may be part of a premiership winning side but we really need to start looking at first grade standard players for our key positions.
Canberra have done very well with their shopping in the UK, The 3rd or 4th rated 7 would be good (cheaper then the top 2). As long as his game management is good because we need it. How many local juniors do we actually now besides Brooks?

simmo05

Bench
I don’t hate him, he is honest enough, gives 100% but there are better reserve grade fullbacks running around. I would say only Penrith have a worse fullback in the NRL and maybe Saints, depending on whether Norman is playing
Deuhei, gutherson, elliot, drinkwater, norman, simmonsen, hopoate, gordan, edwards, dugan. Add milford and ponga. Attitude f**king stinks. I would take thompson over all of them.

The unknown

Juniors
Btw guys what was the beef between Aloiai and Ronaldo? they exchanged some words on Insta over today's game

Front-Rower

First Grade
How many local juniors do we actually now besides Brooks?

In yesterday’s side there were at least 4 (5 if you include Marshall with our connections a Keebra Park);

Nofa
Farah
Lawrence
Brooks

Did I read somewhere that Matterson played junior reps with Western Suburbs at one stage as well?

gordsy

Juniors
I agree. I expect next year to be worse, however have faith that 2021 will be bright once he can start buying his own players

Hopefully we are smart enough to extend Madge and let him develop his squad from then on wards and not do our usual rubbish of pissing off a coach just when he has started to build the squad he wants only to sign another coach and begin rebuilding again.

Pezz70

Juniors
Agree and good post. Look at some of the squads who finished below us, then look at our squad and especially the injuries we had in the back half of the year. It’s amazing we finished 9th

Garner and Aloiai will becomes very good players who should start to peak next year. I don’t rate Clarke at all though, he’s bog average IMO. The 1on1 strip Fifita did on him was a big turning point in the game.

I watched Clarke a couple of times in reggies and didn’t rate him at all, his first NRL game was ordinary but since then he has improved immensely in a very short period of time. I reckon he has a lot of upside yet. Can’t be disappointed with him at this stage.