What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 25 vs Sharks @ Leichhardt Oval

Who will win? Round 25: Wests Tigers v Sharks

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

simmo05

Bench
See you’se next year boys and girls-i’ll Be looking forward to another 9th place!!!

Not really, I think our forward pack will really mature next year. The young blokes Mikaele and Clark finished the season really well. They’ll be bigger and better next year after and off season of squats, deadlifts and bench presses. I like Matterson, Eisenhuth, Twal and Aloia. Twal was awesome today in a well beaten side, tried hard, big shots and played big minutes. ET tried hard but got in the way at times. I really think our pack will beat up some much more fancied packs next season. They’ve showed a bit the last few games. We need to find some backs, I’d be showing Marsters the door, Keep Momirovski in the centres and give Talau a go. Nofoaluma has done enough late in the season to warrant a spot next year. We need a fullback and a winger desperately and a decent 5/8 given Benji’s age.
Walters halfback, brooks 5/8

Tiger05

First Grade
See you’se next year boys and girls-i’ll Be looking forward to another 9th place!!!

Not really, I think our forward pack will really mature next year. The young blokes Mikaele and Clark finished the season really well. They’ll be bigger and better next year after and off season of squats, deadlifts and bench presses. I like Matterson, Eisenhuth, Twal and Aloia. Twal was awesome today in a well beaten side, tried hard, big shots and played big minutes. ET tried hard but got in the way at times. I really think our pack will beat up some much more fancied packs next season. They’ve showed a bit the last few games. We need to find some backs, I’d be showing Marsters the door, Keep Momirovski in the centres and give Talau a go. Nofoaluma has done enough late in the season to warrant a spot next year. We need a fullback and a winger desperately and a decent 5/8 given Benji’s age.

I totally agree. We got smashed today but we had 2 dummy halves on the bench. Benji has been unreal but he can't go on too much longer.

We need to improve our outside backs. Nofo, Thompson and even Momo are guys we could stick with. Marsters could turn his form around but he has been poor this year.

WA Tiger

Bench
...Penalty for shepherding when no one was impeded...no one at all ...That is such a puzzle for me..what a panicked call...and playing the ball before your called tackled...Geez ...For this season I’ll remember The last 10-20 seeing Benji at fullback and Brooke’s trying to create something 10 m out HaHaHa I suppose u can’t teach someone how to create try’s from there. But seriously Benji at fullback for the last 20 min what was Madge thinking..Brookes loves that short pass to Garner ..I hope it’s not some mental limitation or something..

Vic Mackey

Referee
Madge has been awesome for us but some prett horrible selections cost us.

Firstly letting Mbye play against the Dogs

Then not having Reynolds on the bench v Manly

Lastly today when Thompson was ruled out not bringing Talau in. Having Robbie and Grub on the bench was completely ridiculous

WA Tiger

Bench
...Penalty for shepherding when no one was impeded...no one at all ...That is such a puzzle for me..what a panicked call...and playing the ball before your called tackled...Geez ...For this season I’ll remember The last 10-20 seeing Benji at fullback and Brooke’s trying to create something 10 m out HaHaHa I suppose u can’t teach someone how to create try’s from there. But seriously Benji at fullback for the last 20 min what was Madge thinking..Brookes loves that short pass to Garner ..I hope it’s not some mental limitation or something..
And that other break by Nofo where he was in the clear and called back for nothing ...something in the play the ball....We were robbed of three tries at least and when Brooke’s was penalised for flicking someone over his shoulder...That would never be penalised in Union...He just did a great tackle Text Book ..I don’t believe that’s in the rule Book That was a good flip..Shit Brooke’s isn’t his mother..Some fkd up ref calls going by the letter and beyond in such a big game? They weren’t better than us

super_coach

First Grade
Just haven’t had anywhere near the cattle to compete at the high end levels.

We need to get the best recruitment staff in the game and go after a high powered ceo

Good managers can better support Madge and give him more player options.

Madge has laid some good foundations, but without a injection of skill and quality we are going to be bottom four next year. This squad has over achieved this year.

Another year and another losing season. This year we have played well beyond the skills of our roster and whether we finish 9 or 10 this is probably above where we should be. I think everyone can agree our roster is second worst or worst on paper. We've exceeded expectations of everyone outside of tigers supporters, who have zero expectations of us.

We are so far off the pace it is not funny. We have no speed, creativity, strength, goal kicker, or depth in our squad. Melbourne let go of a fullback during the year because they have too much depth. Would Momo have even trained at fullback just in case something like this happened? I doubt it. Add professionalism and money to the list as well. Sorry, I forgot our Achilles heel, mental toughness.

f**k, this is a sad state of affairs. I cannot see us getting a sniff of the finals for at least another 5 years. And that's just making the bottom part of the 8 where you have no chance of winning the comp. I can really see a spoon or two on the horizon.

We really need to start thinking outside the square and trying things no one else is. Yes a lot of these will crash and burn spectacularly but we don't have the money, professionalism in our front office, or talent on the field to try and copy what the successful clubs are doing and expecting it to work.

We need to look at doing something different with recruitment and retention. Why we are signing players like Corey Thompson to multi-year contracts has got me stuffed. I'd be giving the vast majority of our players 1 year contracts, year on year. If this creates more work for an employee to do, so be it. It's not like most of our players would be playing first grade at any other club. I'd also pay them the minimum wage but with generous incentives for making the semis (depends on how deep we go, there's more money.)

I would never bring anyone to the club again on a big money long term contract. If you want the overs you get a very short term contract and have to keep proving yourself. That way the Blair or Packer can be moved on at the end of the year. If you want a long contract and are an established first grader then the money side of things has to have incentives placed in the contract before the big money kicks in.

As far as finding the next bunch of stars we need someone full time in the pacific islands looking for the next Semi or Sivo. There are thousands of college and high school football players in the US every year who just can't take it the the next level but are supremely gifted athletes that we might want to have a look bringing over and chucking in country footy to see if they can transition.

Losing hurts and I can't see any light at the end of the tunnel if we keep doing what we are doing. Anyone from the old tigers side prior to the merger will remember it was 15 years without finals. We are more than half way there.

WA Tiger

Bench
Madge has been awesome for us but some prett horrible selections cost us.

Firstly letting Mbye play against the Dogs

Then not having Reynolds on the bench v Manly

Lastly today when Thompson was ruled out not bringing Talau in. Having Robbie and Grub on the bench was completely ridiculous
There you go ..panicked decisions

Since Garner came back into 1st grade, IMO he has come on very well, perhaps even the best attacking forward, on the flip side, Matherson has looked tired, perhaps his season went too long without a break.

Looking forward:
I wonder what the NZ coach will do with Marsters for the test V Australia in October?
Same with Marshall, perhaps a win by the Kiwis might see Marshall go out on a high rather than going around again next year.

Last edited:

Vic Mackey

Referee
Since Garner came back into 1st grade, IMO he has come on very well, perhaps even the best attacking forward, on the flip side, Matherson has looked tired, perhaps his season went too long without a break.

Looking forward:
I wonder what the NZ coach will do with Marsters for the test V Australia in October?
Same with Marshall, perhaps a win by the Kiwis might see Marshall go out on a high rather than going around again next year.

He’s getting great numbers but Matterson is wasted at 13. Needs to go back to right edge next year

Latest posts