What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

Gronk

Staff member
yeh, fair comment, there will no doubt be the hard core republicans who will vote for their nominated candidate no matter who he was simply because they are republican fanbois and thats who they always vote for, but I do think a lot of the rednecks got fooled by some of the crap that he spews forth as they are easily lead, they are the ones that probabaly got him over the line
Correct. The farmers, coal miners, manufacturing sector and steel workers got conned.

Gronk

Staff member
Not much. I'm quiet ,humble and don't care enough about other people or their lives.Other then myself,family and Mik why would I want to stick my nose in someone's elses problems.

I am just saying why I reckon people voted Trump. Some people don't like the idea of Gay people raising kids but are branded homophobes for it when it may not be the case at all. It's like the minority make all the noise. Most people don't care nor do they put a lot of thought into it. They just go about their own business quietly but at same time get sick of listening to all these people making noise.
I see, so you’re not sick of the political correctness these days. You’re speaking on behalf of the “silent majority”, as Mark Latham likes to call it.

Perhaps @Delboy can shed some light on this ? Mate, what would you like to say that all this restrictive political correctness now prevents you from sharing ?

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
yeh, fair comment, there will no doubt be the hard core republicans who will vote for their nominated candidate no matter who he was simply because they are republican fanbois and thats who they always vote for, but I do think a lot of the rednecks got fooled by some of the crap that he spews forth as they are easily lead, they are the ones that probabaly got him over the line
I think that is very condescending. How exactly have they been conned?

He is a flawed, chaotic personality with no filter and no interest in being vague about his views and playing the games that other politicians play. He is exactly the president that he said he would be. When he campaigned, he promised he would be different for all the above reasons and he has fulfilled that promise.

He might not be great but merkins knew what they were getting when they voted for him.

Bazal

Post Whore
I think that is very condescending. How exactly have they been conned?

He is a flawed, chaotic personality with no filter and no interest in being vague about his views and playing the games that other politicians play. He is exactly the president that he said he would be. When he campaigned, he promised he would be different for all the above reasons and he has fulfilled that promise.

He might not be great but merkins knew what they were getting when they voted for him.

I agree they've been conned, in that all his empty promises about making America great again specifically appealed to broken Middle America.

Whether by design or not (and you'd have to say it was), he evoked the idea that these small mill towns and factory towns and whatever else that have just about died would boom again. Which they obviously won't, not in the same way they did years ago, but that's a powerful hope for small town middle Americans dealing with financial hardship, huge drug problems and so on.

Every politician cons someone...

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I see, so you’re not sick of the political correctness these days. You’re speaking on behalf of the “silent majority”, as Mark Latham likes to call it.

Perhaps @Delboy can shed some light on this ? Mate, what would you like to say that all this restrictive political correctness now prevents you from sharing ?
One topic that shits me is merkins redefining biological gender.

When I see some f**kwit say that they dont identify as male or female or try to tell me that there are hundreds of different genders its just f**king stupid. Apart from the miniscule population that are intersex, everyone else is either male or female and compelling people to call them something else is political correctness gone mad.

I'm sure there are other examples but that's the one I find most annoying.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I agree they've been conned, in that all his empty promises about making America great again specifically appealed to broken Middle America.

Whether by design or not (and you'd have to say it was), he evoked the idea that these small mill towns and factory towns and whatever else that have just about died would boom again. Which they obviously won't, not in the same way they did years ago, but that's a powerful hope for small town middle Americans dealing with financial hardship, huge drug problems and so on.

Every politician cons someone...
Thats right every politician ultimately has to confront the political machine which crushes idealistic views.

That said, he hasn't folded like a little bitch like Rudd or Garrett. He is fighting like a pig to tear down the place like he said he would.

I think he is a dick by the way and wouldn't have voted for him but he is hardly the most duplicitous politician there has ever been. He is being who he said he would be.

strider

Post Whore
I dont think trump conned masses to get into power ... he said what appealled to certain people and might not have delivered on it all but thats pretty much every politician in the world

He got in because those against him were complacent and sat back believing it just wouldnt ever happen .... i dont think that will happen next time round

Gronk

Staff member

When I see some f**kwit say that they dont identify as male or female or try to tell me that there are hundreds of different genders its just f**king stupid. Apart from the miniscule population that are intersex, everyone else is either male or female and compelling people to call them something else is political correctness gone mad.

Sure, but seriously most people will never, in their lifetimes, come across a person who has their gender as X on their passports. Yet there is outrage incommensurate with the numbers in society. So really, who gives a crap other than the individuals themselves ?

This flows back to the SSM debate. Nobody is forcing you to marry your gender. Likewise nobody is saying that you should relinquish your gender, so really why do people care so much about what others do ? It comes down to tolerance of others, empathy and willingness of community.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Sure, but seriously most people will never, in their lifetimes, come across a person who has their gender as X on their passports. Yet there is outrage incommensurate with the numbers in society. So really, who gives a crap other than the individuals themselves ?

This flows back to the SSM debate. Nobody is forcing you to marry your gender. Likewise nobody is saying that you should relinquish your gender, so really why do people care so much about what others do ? It comes down to tolerance of others, empathy and willingness of community.
Tolerance is fine and is not being questioned. I like tolerance.

Its also not about what people have on their passports, which was my actual point.

Its what they 'identify' as. Compelling people to call you some gender that you have made up and then getting mad when people don't remember what made up gender you think should be is just plain inconsiderate. You are either a man or a woman (or a in a very small case, intersex). You can pretend otherwise if you want and thats fine by me but please dont reinvent language and expect others to second guess what to call you.

Surely we can agree on that, Gronk?

hindy111

Post Whore

No I am not sick of it. I care mainly about myself. I am voicing what I hear from others. I do not know enough about most situations to form a good opinion and lack deep interest so I won't bother to stick my nose in it

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
No I am not sick of it. I care mainly about myself. I am voicing what I hear from others. I do not know enough about most situations to form a good opinion and lack deep interest so I won't bother to stick my nose in it
You have no problem sticking your nose in it at Bones on Bones.

Bazal

Post Whore

I have a very simple and scientific based view of gender given my background.

It's defined by chromosomes
That's it.

You can psychologically identify as what you like, I don't care and I certainly won't actively be nasty to you in any way. But don't whinge at me if I don't call you some random made up word while I'm otherwise treating you with the same respect I give everyone else.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I have a very simple and scientific based view of gender given my background.

It's defined by chromosomes
That's it.

You can psychologically identify as what you like, I don't care and I certainly won't actively be nasty to you in any way. But don't whinge at me if I don't call you some random made up word while I'm otherwise treating you with the same respect I give everyone else.
Agreed.

Gronk

Staff member
Tolerance is fine and is not being questioned. I like tolerance.

Its also not about what people have on their passports, which was my actual point.

Its what they 'identify' as. Compelling people to call you some gender that you have made up and then getting mad when people don't remember what made up gender you think should be is just plain inconsiderate. You are either a man or a woman (or a in a very small case, intersex). You can pretend otherwise if you want and thats fine by me but please dont reinvent language and expect others to second guess what to call you.

Surely we can agree on that, Gronk?
Well that is an unnecessary hypothetical, simply because I don't thiink it's a realistic every day (or even every lifetime) scenario. The likelihood of any merkin actually coming face to face with a person who prefers to be referred to an a unisex, intersex or omnisex gender is a squillion to one. AND if it did happen, why not just move on ?

I have once had a client who approached life from an alternative perspective, so much so that he referred to himself as Snow. I believe that he was an artist if some sort. Indeed his wife actually referred to him as Snow when we spoke on the phone. I am unsure of his gender, however in the absence of this critical information, I left that part of the form in my mind blank. No biggie and really, who gives a crap. He and his cohort are not impeding my lifestyle, f**king with my hunting and gathering or cock blocking my primal urges. Carry on I say.

I like society being a version if the Star Wars Cantina, with different races, religions and even genders if that's what floats your boat. FMD who wants to live in the land of vanilla merkins like a paddock of 10,000 sheep.

strider

Post Whore
Well that is an unnecessary hypothetical, simply because I don't thiink it's a realistic every day (or even every lifetime) scenario. The likelihood of any merkin actually coming face to face with a person who prefers to be referred to an a unisex, intersex or omnisex gender is a squillion to one. AND if it did happen, why not just move on ?

I have once had a client who approached life from an alternative perspective, so much so that he referred to himself as Snow. I believe that he was an artist if some sort. Indeed his wife actually referred to him as Snow when we spoke on the phone. I am unsure of his gender, however in the absence of this critical information, I left that part of the form in my mind blank. No biggie and really, who gives a crap. He and his cohort are not impeding my lifestyle, f**king with my hunting and gathering or c**k blocking my primal urges. Carry on I say.

I like society being a version if the Star Wars Cantina, with different races, religions and even genders if that's what floats your boat. FMD who wants to live in the land of vanilla merkins like a paddock of 10,000 sheep.
Yeah but the people in the star wars canteena actively didnt like other types and discriminated against droids .... ffs bad comparison gronk

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
He was a flawed personality when he campaigned for FFS! He said some f**king outrageous things.

yeh I get what you're saying, but I seriously doubt even the staunchest republicans would have ever thought that he could be so immature, uneducated, and such a bully boy who has a huge sook when he doesn't get his own way, not to mention that fact that he administers his country via twitter

I dont think anyone saw this coming

Gary Gutful

Post Whore

I have once had a client who approached life from an alternative perspective, so much so that he referred to himself as Snow. I believe that he was an artist if some sort. Indeed his wife actually referred to him as Snow when we spoke on the phone. I am unsure of his gender, however in the absence of this critical information, I left that part of the form in my mind blank. No biggie and really, who gives a crap. He and his cohort are not impeding my lifestyle, f**king with my hunting and gathering or c**k blocking my primal urges. Carry on I say.

Not referring to someone by their preferred gender pronoun is considered hate speech in Canada. Do you think that is going too far?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Most people on the planet lack the privilege required for your level of cultural cringe, Gronk.

Your needs are well at the top of Maslow's heirarchy. Don't deign to assume others are or should be in your boat.

Latest posts