What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

hindy111

Post Whore
Yet it's the same thing?

Just a difference in the justification

People with $$ will take advantage of people without it. They will live in better locations and safer areas. They will eat healthier food and have better education and health care.
How is it any different?

Bandwagon

Staff member
People with $$ will take advantage of people without it. They will live in better locations and safer areas. They will eat healthier food and have better education and health care.
How is it any different?

That's not taking advantage of people, that's taking advantage of their financial position.

But that's not the point, all I'm saying is that charging people more because they have money is exactly the same as charging people less because they don't, yet one sounds ethical and the other does not.

So it depends entirely upon how you look at it.

Gronk

Staff member
You are a rich merkin who can afford to bang on about being tolerant and respectful because you don't have to scrap for everything. If the arse was hanging out of your pants you could be forgiven for being less generous towards others.

Does that make sense?
What's the concept of values, fairness and empathy got to do with me ? Since when did I become the barometer ¿

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We are not rubber stamped with the same values.
No we're not. Which is why groups have shared values in conflict with the values of other groups.

And obviously if you're privileged enough to care about nothing but 'tolerance' you can condescendingly sneer to your inferiors that they should c03><1$+, implying that their values are worthless anyway.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
What's the concept of values, fairness and empathy got to do with me ? Since when did I become the barometer ¿
We know you've got a quid, and so we're not surprised you're banging the tolerance drum harder than anyone. Merkins should just eat cake, right?

hindy111

Post Whore
That's not taking advantage of people, that's taking advantage of their financial position.

But that's not the point, all I'm saying is that charging people more because they have money is exactly the same as charging people less because they don't, yet one sounds ethical and the other does not.

So it depends entirely upon how you look at it.

I assumed people who where well off are aware this goes on and just do not care. Their happy to pay overs aslong as get things exactly how they want it. They can afford to be pedantic

Gronk

Staff member
We know you've got a quid, and so we're not surprised you're banging the tolerance drum harder than anyone. Merkins should just eat cake, right?
Privilege and position are subjective. You have pigeon-holed me, so that’s your opinion.
No we're not. Which is why groups have shared values in conflict with the values of other groups.

And obviously if you're privileged enough to care about nothing but 'tolerance' you can condescendingly sneer to your inferiors that they should c03><1$+, implying that their values are worthless anyway.

Your concept that values, tolerance and balance in life can only be achieved by those in a position of privilege is flawed and based on a weird concept of materialism.

BTW Do you realise that you play the man and lose focus in the premise ?

Gronk

Staff member
I assumed people who where well off are aware this goes on and just do not care. Their happy to pay overs aslong as get things exactly how they want it. They can afford to be pedantic
If you are offering a higher level of detail with your skill, then you are entitled to charge more. Some tradies will quote higher bc they know that a particular type of customer will be more fastidious. That type of a transaction is transparent bc at end of the day the customer who has agreed to pay more has a higher expectation of the end result.

Gronk

Staff member
But the whole point is that it is mock tolerance, isn't it? All care, no responsibility.

I think the phrase you are looking for is virtue signalling. Your accusation is that many are all show, no go. Don’t lose faith in humanity Gaz.

Latest posts