What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RIP NRL

Valheru

Coach
err no
he called 6 again so how is a turn over the right decision as per the rules?

Rules say he can’t change his decision

But he didn't change his decision...

And if he did what do you think should happen from there? You are saying scrum to raiders and the rules clearly don't support that view.

Game_Breaker

Coach
But he didn't change his decision...

And if he did what do you think should happen from there? You are saying scrum to raiders and the rules clearly don't support that view.

honestly, wtf?

He didn't change his decision? lol

Yes, I'm saying scrum to the raiders. The rules say nothing about not supporting that view, you're a worse liar than Cummins

carcharias

Immortal
He changed it to the correct ruling.

people whinge all day all night about refs getting it wrong.
This ref gets it wrong momentarily and then clearly corrects the call.

now people are whinging because the ref didn’t get it wrong.

FMD

Valheru

Coach
honestly, wtf?

He didn't change his decision? lol

Yes, I'm saying scrum to the raiders. The rules say nothing about not supporting that view, you're a worse liar than Cummins

The rules don't say it should either. They say referee has discretion and he didn't deem it to be a mutual infringement so turn over correct.

Game_Breaker

Coach
The rules don't say it should either. They say referee has discretion and he didn't deem it to be a mutual infringement so turn over correct.

Discretion is very different to saying the rules don’t support a scrum feed to the raiders, as per your claim

Do you understand the difference?
I can’t help you if you don’t

Valheru

Coach
Discretion is very different to saying the rules don’t support a scrum feed to the raiders, as per your claim

Do you understand the difference?
I can’t help you if you don’t

They don't support it as has been shown to you multiple times.

taste2taste

Juniors

FMD

This ^^^^
I think 99% of fans would be happy that the correct decision was made even though it was an absolute mess, I can understand Raiders fans frustration. If it was my team I'd be checking the fine print of the rule book trying to see why it should have been 6 more.

The game wasn't changed by the refs but by Joey Leilua not passing to Rapana for an easy try, in taking the contact Leilua not only bombed a try but also hurt his ankle, when the Roosters went 60m to score it was because they ran through a hole left in the defensive line by Leilua. He was slow trying to limp back into position after making the previous tackle.

That decision not to pass cost the Raiders -12 points.

Valheru

Coach
You’ve failed to show it at all

nowhere does it say it a ref affecting play by changing his mind is not a mutual infringement

please prove me wrong

Lol the negative doesn't need to be stated, the affirmative does.

Your assertion that it should have been a scrum is completely wrong as per the rules.

Game_Breaker

Coach
Lol the negative doesn't need to be stated, the affirmative does.

Your assertion that it should have been a scrum is completely wrong as per the rules.

:joy:
You said before it’s up to the referees discretion, now you’re saying it’s against the rules

You can’t even be honest and admit Cummins changed the call

a terrible troll

kdalymc

Bench
f**k there is some morons in here. Who gives a f**k if it was right decision or not, the point is he waved 6 again so the raiders held the f**ken ball

King hit

Coach
Why does everyone keep predicting Rugby League will end one day? it's rubbish it never will.

Rugby league is in pretty good shape compared to the utter shit union is. The ARU keep digging their grave even deeper year by year and I didn't think that was remotely possible.

Legion

Juniors

FMD
The attacking team sees the ref waving his arm '6 again' & responded accordingly.
There's no way that a player would hear a ref overturning the ruling during play over the roar of the crowd [Not to forget that the refs are always telling us that they can't reverse a decision, so what player would be expecting him to?]
If the ref wants to change his mind, would it not have been correct then to at least take it back to replay the 5th tackle?

carcharias

Immortal
The attacking team sees the ref waving his arm '6 again' & responded accordingly.
There's no way that a player would hear a ref overturning the ruling during play over the roar of the crowd [Not to forget that the refs are always telling us that they can't reverse a decision, so what player would be expecting him to?]
If the ref wants to change his mind, would it not have been correct then to at least take it back to replay the 5th tackle?

you reckon they aren’t listening/watching the ref?

ha

how do they know to run at the dude that the ref has called offside?

90% of those players knew he’d called last tackle ...regardless of it being wrong or right you always play the whistle.

My only real argument is people saying this cost the raiders the game.
It didn’t
No way
No how