What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

franklin2323

Immortal
I understand what you are saying in a way, but my comparison was to point out that he is in nowhere near the same league as some great players that have played for the club, but some seem to think he is the messiah that the club has been searching for. He was an exceptional lower grade player and everyone I'm sure, including me, thought that he was going to be the half that has been missing since 2003. He has had 3 years in 1st grade, and I'm sorry to say but his contribution to the team hasn't got any better, its gotten worse. Anyone who believes the Cleary's haven't set this all up to benefit themselves are doing nothing but living in hope. I'm a Panthers supporter and even I'm disappointed in how all this came about. Ivan and Nathan didn't talk at all about the circumstances and how they can get their family dream of father coach and son player, that they didn't both discuss it continuously during 2019? Penrith paid overs for Nathan and had to pay Ivan, Bellamy money to get him to break a contract. Hopefully 2020 doesn't produce any " I don't know" answers in press conferences, because there is no hope in hell that any blame will be placed on Nathan's shoulders. Worst case of nepotism that I can imagine.

I have the same doubts as you. I hope that a settled spine will help all

MugaB

Coach
Thanks for that. Yep your probably right. Cleary and Lui played together comming up through the grades too.
Funnily enough, it was Gould saying that they rated Luai higher than Nath coming thru the grades, it was only coz Nath was more mature and could handle 1st Grade at his age, which is why Luai was held back a bit, this will be his year to start and have an impact, might even be the halfback, and push nathan into 5/8th which im hoping will happen

franklin2323

Immortal
Funnily enough, it was Gould saying that they rated Luai higher than Nath coming thru the grades, it was only coz Nath was more mature and could handle 1st Grade at his age, which is why Luai was held back a bit, this will be his year to start and have an impact, might even be the halfback, and push nathan into 5/8th which im hoping will happen

Not sure I have seen much of a kicking game in Luai but happy to be proven wrong but that is why I see him playing in various positions rather then only 5/8

betcats

Referee
Yes but he is right. Best stick to topic particularly at this time of year.

How big an inconvenience is it to open a thread and see its off topic? Like really if that is the worst thing that happens to you today then you've had a good day, it is the ultimate whinge IMO, its like walking into a room where everyone is already involved conversation and screaming 'LOOK AT ME" because you want that attention.

Why stifle a conversation that is happening because its off topic when there is absolutely nothing on topic to be discussed? It would be one thing if we were missing signing news or something but there is no signing news, none at all besides one little mention along with 8 other clubs in regards to Matterson so other conversations progress from comments that did originally discuss signings or potential signings.

franklin2323

Immortal
How big an inconvenience is it to open a thread and see its off topic? Like really if that is the worst thing that happens to you today then you've had a good day, it is the ultimate whinge IMO, its like walking into a room where everyone is already involved conversation and screaming 'LOOK AT ME" because you want that attention.

Why stifle a conversation that is happening because its off topic when there is absolutely nothing on topic to be discussed? It would be one thing if we were missing signing news or something but there is no signing news, none at all besides one little mention along with 8 other clubs in regards to Matterson so other conversations progress from comments that did originally discuss signings or potential signings.

Cleary is on topic too as it goes to how much we have left to spend and whether money well spent

ACTPanthers

Bench
Are we really having this old chestnut of a conversation again?

Discussion is organic... It evolves and grows, sprouts new tendrils of conversation and branches out into previously untapped opinions.

Instead of whinging about the natural progression of a discussed topic, why not join in and attempt to steer it to your desired destination?

Or whinge... whichever floats your boat.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
Are we really having this old chestnut of a conversation again?

Discussion is organic... It evolves and grows, sprouts new tendrils of conversation and branches out into previously untapped opinions.

Instead of whinging about the natural progression of a discussed topic, why not join in and attempt to steer it to your desired destination?

Or whinge... whichever floats your boat.

So why bother having separate threads? We might as well just have just one labeled "Panthers' Stuff."

I really think this forum would be better with the threads doing what they say on the tin. Others disagree, which is fine. But I'm still going to say it.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade

By saying that it should be over in 2020 Discussion, you mean? Because that IS my desired destination. So I did what you wanted me to. You're welcome. I believe I'm doing it right now as well, in this very comment. Meta.

mxlegend99

Referee
3 posts in a row all complaining about this thread being off topic... aswell as an ongoing dicussion started about being off topic. Making the discussion in this thread not only off topic... but not even football related now.

The only posts ruining this thread are the complaints it is off topic and the discussion that has followed. It went from a discussion that evolved from talking about the topic to one that doesn't come close to it now. That must have helped you with your sorting through the thread now.

betcats

Referee
How is it stifling conversation to pick it up and place it in a thread where it makes sense? Hint: it isn't.

So we are supposed to stop commenting in one thread and move to another once the conversation moves off topic just to please you who barely posts here? Lol why don’t you just be a bit less precious about where we talk.

Black Magik

Juniors
So we are supposed to stop commenting in one thread and move to another once the conversation moves off topic just to please you who barely posts here? Lol why don’t you just be a bit less precious about where we talk.
Make that two. But I learned last year not to complain after asking a similar question.
Now I skim and look for an attachment or a name.
This thread isn’t what it says it is. Coming on here and explaining that isn’t changing the thread direction either. It is more on topic than the trials and tribulations of the Cleary’s actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.