What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings

I can't believe the Cowboys are coughing up a million for Holmes as fullback based on a half decent end to 2018 and a good origin performance as a winger. One of the worst value million dollar men in the game

Especially as it will take time for him to get back into the right physical condition for playing league, let alone learning the intricacies of playing the fullback role. This will take time and won't come easily. It also does not address the lack of creativity in the current Cowboys squad. Holmes is not a noted ball player.

I like Val, he was good at the Sharks and he'll be good at the Cowboys.
BUT He is not a million dollar player.
In my opinion, million dollar players are out'n'out champions that can win you a premiership. He is not at that stage yet.
Look at the two obvious examples of clubs that have spent the big bucks on players that are not deserving of the "million dollar man", St. George and Gold Coast, with Hunt and Taylor respectively. They came last and second last.
Paying a million for someone not deserving f**ks with your cap and your team. Good luck with it all.

BLN2

Juniors
Imagine spending 2 million a year on Morgan and Holmes.. Talk about rocks and diamonds, but paying the latter.

DeeJ

Bench
Imagine spending 2 million a year on Morgan and Holmes.. Talk about rocks and diamonds, but paying the latter.

To be fair, 2017 Morgan was playing like that kind of player. Who knows what happened.

Anyway if this goes through they also have Taumalolo on $1mil per year for 10 years. Let's hope they have some good juniors coming through.