What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Bazal

Post Whore
You must be new here.
We only abuse players while they are actually playing for us. Once we loose them, we abuse BA and your trolley boy mate for not re-signing them

I think, when it comes to Tigers fans, you have to be specific in terms of which trolley boy mate.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
People saying the eels need to fix their defence to be considered a genuine contender, but a lot of our points came off kicks this year. I think our attack still needs plenty of work too.
Our attack is OK, but I agree that we need a bit more variety and patience when we are dominating possession and field position.

There are plenty of games where "Parraball" doesn't work given the conditions or opponents we are facing.

IFR33K

Coach
Why is our last game any more important than any of the previous games? It just showed our lack of big game experience rather than any deficiencies in our attack. It doesn't matter how good your attack is if you don't have the ball.

You’re only as good as your last game, isn’t that how it goes? Anyway we had sufficient ball in the second half to at least jag a couple tries. I’ll go as far to say had Melbourne played any other team below us on the day, I’m not convinced they keep them to zero.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Our attack is OK, but I agree that we need a bit more variety and patience when we are dominating possession and field position.

There are plenty of games where "Parraball" doesn't work given the conditions or opponents we are facing.
Yep. When the opposition defence is working hard and getting up in your face you have to let them bash you, be patient, get to your kick and take your turn to bash them. Eventually the defensive intensity will die off and attacking opportunities appear.

When the opportunities are there we're as good as anyone. Our problem is we try to manufacture opportunities when the best thing under the circumstances is to stay in the grind.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You’re only as good as your last game, isn’t that how it goes?
Only if you want to feel like a looser over the off season. Did you know 87.5% of top eight teams lose their final game of the year?
Anyway we had sufficient ball in the second half to at least jag a couple tries. I’ll go as far to say had Melbourne played any other team below us on the day, I’m not convinced they keep them to zero.
By then we were fatigued and well behind. Keeping the scoreboard respectable requires a very different level of risk to trying to come back from four tries down.

IFR33K

Coach

Agreed. Our go forward isnt an issue, but we seem a little lost with the ball pressing the oppositions try line. With the bulk of our points coming off kicks. YES I UNDERSTAND ITS STILL A FOUR POINTER, but we need variety. Maybe Matterson if signed adds another dimension. The other reason IMO we struggle in attack is the dreaded fourth tackle settler. We friggen do it every set we are pressing the line. I know his numbers are good, and he adds punch to our pack, but Nbrown shits me with his hit ups. He’s a poor man’s gallon.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
You’re only as good as your last game, isn’t that how it goes? Anyway we had sufficient ball in the second half to at least jag a couple tries. I’ll go as far to say had Melbourne played any other team below us on the day, I’m not convinced they keep them to zero.

Our competition rate was around 50% and we only had 43% of the ball. Along with stuff all ball for the first 30 mins or so. Yes we were poor but we had stuff all left in the tank by the time we got any decent ball.

Additionally if we judge our attack as being poor in the second half we have to also judge our attitude as being good by not letting the score to blow out.

And Actually I go as far to say any side below us and with that little ball probably lose that game by 50 plus....

hindy111

Post Whore
I reckon just about any NRL fan would carry on the same way if it happened to their team

Same.
Matterson left Roosters cause they didn't offer him as much as Tigers.
He was given the Tigers coaching and training that possibly helped him become a better player and wants more money so left.
Moses was in limbo and Tigers hooked deal as he was taking to long to decide so he left. No issue there. Matterson basically a cash grab. I think it's a bit grubby.

IFR33K

Coach
Our competition rate was around 50% and we only had 43% of the ball. Along with stuff all ball for the first 30 mins or so. Yes we were poor but we had stuff all left in the tank by the time we got any decent ball.

Additionally if we judge our attack as being poor in the second half we have to also judge our attitude as being good by not letting the score to blow out.

And Actually I go as far to say any side below us and with that little ball probably lose that game by 50 plus....

So we were to fatigued to score points in the second half, but we were fit enough to not allow the score to blow out. Makes sense

IFR33K

Coach
Only if you want to feel like a looser over the off season. Did you know 87.5% of top eight teams lose their final game of the year?
By then we were fatigued and well behind. Keeping the scoreboard respectable requires a very different level of risk to trying to come back from four tries down.

How many percent lost when it was a top 5 series?

hindy111

Post Whore
No. Opinions that disagree with opinions people think are better aren't opinions, they're attacks.

We need a safe space!

That's a good idea. Imagine it took off like my space and then Facebook.
Want to be business partners?
85% for Hindy111 and 15% for you. And you have to bring coffees every morning and clean the toilet.

Bazal

Post Whore
That's a good idea. Imagine it took off like my space and then Facebook.
Want to be business partners?
85% for Hindy111 and 15% for you. And you have to bring coffees every morning and clean the toilet.

I'll consider only if I'm contractually obligated to clean the toilet before making your coffee...

hindy111

Post Whore
In 8 / 26 games we scored 2 or less tries.
Very rare you will win if score two or less. I think we won just the one against dragons.
So 32% of games our attacks been not good enough.

IFR33K

Coach
Very rare you will win if score two or less. I think we won just the one against dragons.

Well not if we want to become a regular genuine top 4 team. You’d expect a little more...

84 Baby

Referee
Great stats, now how many other teams won games scoring two or fewer tries?