What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zac Lomax

TruSaint

Referee
Im happy for Zac to stay, but this has deja vu written all over it.
Wasnt Dufty "promised" to start at FB prior to his new contract ? Is this what Zac asked for ?

If in fact he is given the FB role as a demand, then it assures the old firm of Lafai/Aitken into 2020.

rasaint

Juniors
In my opinion Zac is a centre not fullback.
I have not seen Zac busting tackles or stepping through and racing away in NRL games. Even maligned Euen Aiken has achieved that from time to time and Tim Lafai without the on going ankle problem of 2019 did beat players with his sharp left step.
The top fullbacks hit the line with speed and power ie Tedesco, Kronstadt , Tom T etc. Again our small fullback Matt Dufty has scored some sublime individual trys.. Whilst not saying Matt is a ‘superstar’ blah blah he was certainly dangerous to oppositions when the forward pack had JDB and Leeson in 2018. We had a lack of go forward 2019, which affected Dufty and left him struggling without that touch of space.
So far Zac L has played very well later half 2018 and stiffened our defence and kicked top rate pressure goals. I agree he should have been given a better shot at centre 2019. He played acceptably 2019 ( mostly out of position of centre) without any remarkable moments.
I hope for Zac and the club and us tragics that he can really step up into the ‘gifted one’ expectations this 2020 year. His lower grade highlights look strong so good luck to Zac 2020.

SBD82

Coach
images
Is that Jack Bird? Did I miss a story?

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Is that Jack Bird? Did I miss a story?
Tis indeed Mr Bird..

His impatience saw him leave us early, and again leave Cronulla for Brisbane..

Suddenly a few years down the track and he’s faced with being unloaded by the broncos.. Had he stuck around either us or Cronulla I reckon he’d be in a much better position..

TruSaint

Referee
Tis indeed Mr Bird..

His impatience saw him leave us early, and again leave Cronulla for Brisbane..

Suddenly a few years down the track and he’s faced with being unloaded by the broncos.. Had he stuck around either us or Cronulla I reckon he’d be in a much better position..

A talent with a lot of baggage.
He's now going on 25 and it seems like yesterday he was touted as the next big thing. Not any more.

randomdragon

Juniors
Sorry to go off topic but how could we even consider Ramsey when he’s not even in the top 30 or the development squad?

NRLMad

Juniors
Ask McGregor....he knows the players well...just ask that Robinson bloke who left for the Cowboys...LOL
Like I get you. However Robinson had a few shots. He didn’t set the world on fire and I distinctly remember his passing being to fast. People dropped the ball a few times this year, if you pass to fast maybe you need to pick who you pass it at?

rasaint

Juniors
My posts about Zac haven’t been about his ability to play NRL or kick pressure goals etc. He has proven he can do that.

For me the jury is out as to whether he is this outstanding player suppressed by the coach as many on the forum believe he is, McG is roundly criticised for being the problem ok, but still an exceptional player will still stand above the pack. I’m yet to see Zac play that really remarkable game , do something special. Step break tackles and sprint into the clear, charge through from 20 yards out and carry opposition players over the line with him etc. Even Aiken has done that on occasion.

Zac’s ability to for topline goal kicking is his outstanding feature at this stage.

The sharks uncovered Xerri last year who may be even younger than Zac. Now there is gifted player with frightening speed, who has shown what he can do, be it on the wing or centre. I’d take Xerri over Zac.

I think we are in for some more ordinary seasons. If Zac stays he will do best playing centre. I hope he is very successful this year. I also hope we don’t get caught paying overs to keep him.

Latest posts