What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non-eels footy stuff

Soto

Bench
If tim had these issues, I’d say he shouldn’t have been playing.

Now If the description is true, I’m afraid that young Curtis is looking at time:

View attachment 35686
I’d say a belting to the head with blood and/or bruising to cop is captured by 60(2) and he’s maxing out at 7 years if the matter is referred to the dpp.

Police officers can and will shoot people when they are under attack like this, so he’s quite fortunate.

Most police would not have given him bail, so he’s pretty lucky.
Completely agree..should've stayed locked up.
Physically assaulting a cop should have no leniency

If tim had these issues, I’d say he shouldn’t have been playing.

Now If the description is true, I’m afraid that young Curtis is looking at time:

View attachment 35686
I’d say a belting to the head with blood and/or bruising to cop is captured by 60(2) and he’s maxing out at 7 years if the matter is referred to the dpp.

Police officers can and will shoot people when they are under attack like this, so he’s quite fortunate.

Most police would not have given him bail, so he’s pretty lucky.

If convicted, he's not going to get anything like 7 years. Assuming the story as reported is true, he'll argue that he didn't know who it was that woke him and thought he was being mugged. Unfortunately, people punch cops (and ambos and nurses) all too frequently....but the maximum sentence won't be attracted by a case like this.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
NSW

NRL player Curtis Scott Tasered after allegedly punching officer in the face

Police will allege the new Raiders recruit threw a mobile phone at a passing car in the parklands close to the Sydney Cricket Ground precinct about 2am on Monday.

Canberra Raiders rugby league player Curtis Scott spent the night behind bars after allegedly punching a police officer in the face and getting Tasered.

Police will allege that the new Raiders recruit threw a mobile phone at a passing car in the parklands close to the Sydney Cricket Ground precinct about 2am on Monday.

It is alleged that Scott, 22, then fell asleep on the grass, leading security to ring police.

When the officers arrived and tried to wake him, he allegedly pushed one away, then punched him in the face.

He was Tasered and taken to the Sydney Police Centre in Surry Hills, where he was charged with six offences including two counts of assaulting an officer in the execution of duty, behaving in an offensive or indecent manner and remaining on trust lands after a request to leave.

Scott was granted police bail and is due to appear in court next month.

"I'm older now, and make better decisions," he said in an interview last week, just days before being charged.

He told Fox Sports he went to Canberra "to stay out of the Sydney rat race and the Sydney fishbowl".

"I would have had too many distractions in Sydney and it just would have been a little bit too full on. It would have been easier for me to go out and end up … not in trouble, but just not take footy as seriously as I did when I moved away and focused on it.

"I had to pick if I wanted to go down the wrong road or the right road and that’s why I originally went to Melbourne, to get the best out of myself and my football.

"And it’s the same with the opportunity to go to Canberra. I’m older now and make better decisions but I also just think it’s the best place for me to get the most out of my football."

In December 2018, it was reported that Scott was allegedly involved in a verbal exchange with a Melbourne Rebels rugby union player and a Rebels trainer stood between the pair to prevent a physical altercation.

His then-team, the Melbourne Storm, contacted the NRL integrity unit but he was found to have no case to answer.

During that interview, he also said he had hit "rock bottom" with mental health issues.

https://apple.news/AS34Hu6jZTxSGMjmqLJ1xww
Just as well he's older now and able to make better decisions, imagine how much trouble the mad merkin would get into if he didn't????

I’m not the cops best friend, but al least they should be able to go about their job without being assaulted by drunken idiots.

They knew he was being the clown, probably knew he was a merkin and my guess is that they were as polite and professional as they could be.

But old mate is pissed and thinks he’s mike Tyson.

Throwing his phone at traffic was pretty dumb too.

It could have hit and killed someone, caused a big accident.

Attacking cops trying to help him.

He’s a danger and probably still should be in a remand centre.

They always tear up in the morning and try to blame someone else.

I doubt sticky will stick is neck out for him. I think he’d be beyond angry. Can’t even send him a text sacking him.

Eelogical

Referee
Throwing his phone at traffic was pretty dumb too.

It could have hit and killed someone, caused a big accident.

Attacking cops trying to help him.

He’s a danger and probably still should be in a remand centre.

They always tear up in the morning and try to blame someone else.

I doubt sticky will stick is neck out for him. I think he’d be beyond angry. Can’t even send him a text sacking him.
Sounds like an opportunity for the Tigpies to grab a late, off-season bargain. He'll get off.

Sounds like an opportunity for the Tigpies to grab a late, off-season bargain. He'll get off.

At least we won’t have to bribe the local police force like you did with one poisonous paradise officials recently.

I still think we should have sent the sas over to break him out and claim the country for our buddies in Samoa. They understand nrl in Samoa. They can use Fiji Parliament House as as centre of excellence for their incredible juniors.

Eelogical

Referee
At least we won’t have to bribe the local police force like you did with one poisonous paradise officials recently.

I still think we should have sent the sas over to break him out and claim the country for our buddies in Samoa. They understand nrl in Samoa. They can use Fiji Parliament House as as centre of excellence for their incredible juniors.
And here I thought all along Parra supporters were bent in the head. Yet, out of nowhere, a new contender wants to take all the glory.

Fiji is recognised by the United Nations as a country that isn’t very good at human rights.

Its time we started cleaning up the Pacific.

Free the enslaved.

Shine a light on these imprisoned islands.

Bring democracy and the rule of law forthwith.

So the sivos of the world are afforded their human rights.

One Pacific under the southern cross, bringing peace and embracing, nourishing and respecting all of these very cool cultures.

Eelogical

Referee
Fiji is recognised by the United Nations as a country that isn’t very good at human rights.

Its time we started cleaning up the Pacific.

Free the enslaved.

Shine a light on these imprisoned islands.

Bring democracy and the rule of law forthwith.

So the sivos of the world are afforded their human rights.

One Pacific under the southern cross, bringing peace and embracing, nourishing and respecting all of these very cool cultures.
Nice try there inbred team supporter, the Pacific takes up a significant part of the world. Go preach your dribble where a troll licence would be more effective.

Nice try there inbred team supporter, the Pacific takes up a significant part of the world. Go preach your dribble where a troll licence would be more effective.

If don’t think Samoa, Tonga and the Maori have cool and wonderful cultures, you are beyond saving.

and um doh!....

ACC4BDC0-96AD-4480-9F5D-633A325D493D.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest posts