What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adam Doueihi

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
I'm curious to know everyones thoughts on the signings of:
Sullivan
Lomax
Saab
SSE
Sloane
Schiller
Fegai x 2
Sailor
Blacker
Kerr
Lawrie
Lovodua
Clune

All pretty easy, right?

Yes- with a couple of exceptions, these are mainly locals who've come up through the SGI junior system and for a whole lot of reasons (family, education/training) etc would want to stay in the Illawarra and play for the Dragons no matter who the coach was- at least in the short term.

possm

Coach
Leaving Souths and the Dragons don't even get a mention. Storm, Roosters or Tigers, Dragons will struggle to attract anyone of note.
Obviously SGI has managed the salary cap so well and recruited such high quality player in the off-season, that we don't need Doueihi.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
mate. Any idea what Lafai and Aitken are on? They are easily the worst centre Pairing in the league. One Doueihi is worth the pair of them.

Agree that Douehi is worth the two of them-particularly as a five eighth- but finding a club desperate enough to want to take them off our hands?- easier for the metaphorical camel to pass thru the eye of a needle.

Doueihi isn't the player we need right now, I think his best positions are 5/8, then either fullback or halfback. We need quality outside back backs.

Correct. I think Doueihi is much like Moses Mybe and doesn’t have that lock down position as he can play in several positions.
Pass on this one and focus on a better fit for a designated position.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Correct. I think Doueihi is much like Moses Mybe and doesn’t have that lock down position as he can play in several positions.
Pass on this one and focus on a better fit for a designated position.
I think Doueihi could develop into a very good 5/8. He just has to find the right team. I think Wests could sign him as their long term 5/8. Play him fullback this year and then let him take over from Marshall next year and look to buy a top line fullback.

Doueihi play halfback in the first game I saw him play, it was a Charity Shield game and I was pretty impressed. I actually think Souths would have been better off keeping Doueihi to play halfback and let Reynolds go. I think Doueihi would have added another dimension to Souths attack. Right now Walker is the focal point of their attack. Mitchell will add another dimension to it, but Reynolds attack is very limited. The only thing Reynolds brings to the table is a very good short kicking game and his goal kicking. Doueihi can also kick goals.

stevedragon

Juniors
I think Doueihi could develop into a very good 5/8. He just has to find the right team. I think Wests could sign him as their long term 5/8. Play him fullback this year and then let him take over from Marshall next year and look to buy a top line fullback.

Doueihi play halfback in the first game I saw him play, it was a Charity Shield game and I was pretty impressed. I actually think Souths would have been better off keeping Doueihi to play halfback and let Reynolds go. I think Doueihi would have added another dimension to Souths attack. Right now Walker is the focal point of their attack. Mitchell will add another dimension to it, but Reynolds attack is very limited. The only thing Reynolds brings to the table is a very good short kicking game and his goal kicking. Doueihi can also kick goals.
So Doueihi has signed with the Tigers. Seems we weren't interested or I'm sure he would have come here. Wink wink.

getsmarty

Immortal
Tiger time: Discarded Doueihi snubs Roosters to sign $2.5M deal with Concord club
Wests Tigers
james_hooper.jpg

65d712a8bf2a0f523f351a22a6834bd1

Latrell Mitchell felt guilty about Adam Doueihi's departure from the Rabbitohs.Source: FOX SPORTS
Wests Tigers are on the cusp of securing one of the club’s most important signatures in years with local junior Adam Doueihi on the verge of returning to Concord.

Fox Sports has learned Tigers power brokers and Doueihi’s agent Sam Ayoub have been attempting to fine tune the terms on a four-year contract for the last 24 hours.

Provided the deal gets rubber-stamped, Doueihi will sign a four-year deal with the Tigers worth around $2.5 milllion.

The Roosters have also been at the negotiating table as well but the Tigers have the benefit of being able to offer Doueihi the football pathway of playing fullback this year and potentially moving into the halves when Benji Marshall retires.

The stability of a four-year contract is also a strong trump card for Wests Tigers.

Wests Tigers new chairman Lee Hagipantelis has personally met Doueihi and presented the Tigers vision for the club.

Hagipantelis is believed to have played a crucial role in convincing the young gun to return to the club where Doueihi played junior football.

Doueihi played Australian Schoolboys rugby union and S.G Ball for Balmain Tigers before South Sydney signed him at the end of 2016.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...b/news-story/063acf9efab2d22fdc3a82ee419fc9a4

so glad the roosters didn't get him...

blacksafake

First Grade
Tiger time: Discarded Doueihi snubs Roosters to sign $2.5M deal with Concord club
Wests Tigers
james_hooper.jpg

65d712a8bf2a0f523f351a22a6834bd1

Latrell Mitchell felt guilty about Adam Doueihi's departure from the Rabbitohs.Source: FOX SPORTS
Wests Tigers are on the cusp of securing one of the club’s most important signatures in years with local junior Adam Doueihi on the verge of returning to Concord.

Fox Sports has learned Tigers power brokers and Doueihi’s agent Sam Ayoub have been attempting to fine tune the terms on a four-year contract for the last 24 hours.

Provided the deal gets rubber-stamped, Doueihi will sign a four-year deal with the Tigers worth around $2.5 milllion.

The Roosters have also been at the negotiating table as well but the Tigers have the benefit of being able to offer Doueihi the football pathway of playing fullback this year and potentially moving into the halves when Benji Marshall retires.

The stability of a four-year contract is also a strong trump card for Wests Tigers.

Wests Tigers new chairman Lee Hagipantelis has personally met Doueihi and presented the Tigers vision for the club.

Hagipantelis is believed to have played a crucial role in convincing the young gun to return to the club where Doueihi played junior football.

Doueihi played Australian Schoolboys rugby union and S.G Ball for Balmain Tigers before South Sydney signed him at the end of 2016.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...b/news-story/063acf9efab2d22fdc3a82ee419fc9a4

so glad the roosters didn't get him...
Good coin

Wittenberg

Juniors
Perhaps I have only seen his average games but for me Adam is overrated. In the crucial games towards the end of last year he was less than impressive. He made several crucial mistakes and defensive misreads, and we’ve got enough players who do that already. As I said, maybe I watched the wrong games, but I don’t think we should sign players just because they become available. We don’t need another player who thinks he is a fullback nor a player who ‘might’ be a good 5/8. Centres please.