What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jack DeBelin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bench
Could a settlement offer by the accused to the victim come into the mix, or has it gone to far for that to happen

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
hmmmm it is leaning towards August trial date and then Aug / Sept probably taking up time for the actual proceedings to unfold

so back to footy....... as I have already had my say on the case.......

JDB on $550k pa

that means the NRL will have to allow us to bring in a player of equivalent salary cap contract as at feb if the trial moves to August..........guessing equivalent value will be only say $400k as $150k pa would have been paid to date pre season etc ?

Jack is only contracted till end of 2020 only and that is it

So we have 26 player profiles on our team page
https://www.dragons.com.au/teams/

that is 4 spots still avilable and most likely now 5 spots if JDB has a trial in Aug/Sept

we must have close to $900k plus spare and ready to use

a middle forward is still key for us...........and I say our best strategy is to put in a big 2021 offer for a forward at another club now.......see if that can trigger a movement for 2020 and help our pack which has struggled with out JDB in the middle

unless we want Friz in the middle and go harder for a edge backrower ?

jeffdragon

Bench
hmmmm it is leaning towards August trial date and then Aug / Sept probably taking up time for the actual proceedings to unfold

JDB on $550k pa

that means the NRL will have to allow us to bring in a player of equivalent salary cap contract as at feb if the trial moves to August..........guessing equivalent value will be only say $400k as $150k pa would have been paid to date pre season etc ?

that is 4 spots still avilable and most likely now 5 spots if JDB has a trial in Aug/Sept

a middle forward is still key for us...........and I say our best strategy is to put in a big 2021 offer for a forward at another club now.......see if that can trigger a movement for 2020 and help our pack which has struggled with out JDB in the middle

Last year we got Patrick Kaufusi, who is a reserve grader at best.
Not like for like.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade

JDB on $550k pa

I reckon they seeing as though he’s been out for basically 2 years of no fault of the clubs we should be able to legally retire him. He still gets paid but we get his entire salary cap for 2020. It’s bullshit we lose time that he hasn’t even played. Rorters were trying to get Latrells money back from pre season and theirs isn’t close to our situation.

Timmay

Juniors
Thought as much.

Other than that, I agree that any notion about the judge’s history as a public defender influencing the trial in any way is completely laughable. If that were the case, he would never have become a judge.
How many rape trials have you acted in?

Could a settlement offer by the accused to the victim come into the mix, or has it gone to far for that to happen

Up to the prosecution with her consent to downgrade, but the allegations are out and about so that’s unlikely.

Even then, if found guilty, he could do time.

Theres no buying your way out of it.

I disagree with no fault stand down as it’s a prejudicial concept that fails to protect the innocent.

That it caught up in the legalese, form over substance, is disappointing.

If the delay is at the feet of jdb and his lawyers, I’d rather cop that than to face the big house.

A bit of closure for the 2020 squad at least.

Old Timer

Coach
De Belin never was nor ever will be that good a player that our club should sit on its hands for 1 entire season waiting for an outcome for trouble of his own making let alone 2 seasons.
All this codswallop about our season being over without him just indicates how underwhelming our internal promotion / coaching and external recruitment really is.
As some others have said the good clubs lose key players for extended periods and just get on about their business and move onwards and upwards but oh no not StGI we go into the foetal position and suck our thumbs.
De Belin is merely 1 player out of a 30 player squad but did we do anything about developing g a regular No 13 as a replacement in CC? No not us we had every bloke and his dog lining up at 13 in CC as well as 1st grade.
Another cop out and even more excuse making coming up from our club and fan base.
We are just f**king dumb for ever allowing ourselves to be in this mess and beholding to 1 player as it certainly didn't happen even when we were at the height of our powers because if you didn't perform or like it piss off we already have someone capable of parking his arse in your spot.
Frizzell to lock and work out the RHS edge and get on with life and see ya later Jack.

Old Timer

Coach
Odd question.

Relevance?
Not at all.
The post in question from Benny V makes a simple comment with no particular assertions and the comeback from someone else is a question as to if he has been involved in rape trials then a further question about any trials.
He doesn't need to have been involved in anything remotely like that to justify his post so I am asking what was relevant about the question.

De Belin never was nor ever will be that good a player that our club should sit on its hands for 1 entire season waiting for an outcome for trouble of his own making let alone 2 seasons.
All this codswallop about our season being over without him just indicates how underwhelming our internal promotion / coaching and external recruitment really is.
As some others have said the good clubs lose key players for extended periods and just get on about their business and move onwards and upwards but oh no not StGI we go into the foetal position and suck our thumbs.
De Belin is merely 1 player out of a 30 player squad but did we do anything about developing g a regular No 13 as a replacement in CC? No not us we had every bloke and his dog lining up at 13 in CC as well as 1st grade.
Another cop out and even more excuse making coming up from our club and fan base.
We are just f**king dumb for ever allowing ourselves to be in this mess and beholding to 1 player as it certainly didn't happen even when we were at the height of our powers because if you didn't perform or like it piss off we already have someone capable of parking his arse in your spot.
Frizzell to lock and work out the RHS edge and get on with life and see ya later Jack.

With hindsight having jack around and about the club, hasn’t helped the broader cause.

I think it was well-intended and came from a good and kind place, but the issue was in everyone’s faces everyday. The excuse you have when you’re not having an excuse.

Not at all.
The post in question from Benny V makes a simple comment with no particular assertions and the comeback from someone else is a question as to if he has been involved in rape trials then a further question about any trials.
He doesn't need to have been involved in anything remotely like that to justify his post so I am asking what was relevant about the question.

..and I was agreeing with you!!

Timmay

Juniors
Not at all.
Idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts