What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WWE SuperThread II *Spoilers*

Valheru

Coach
I considered it, but Lita debuted with Essa Rios who had just been repackaged after failed stints as Mr. Aguila and Papi Chulo. That belongs in it's own seperate category where they've added a valet to a group to give it an extra edge.

Speaking of Aguila though, it did remind me of Wrestlemania XIV which in turn reminded me of Sunny - another prominent example in more ways than one.

She probably belongs in her own seperate category alongside Terryn Terrell, Melina and Karen Angle - women who helped destroy a man's career behind the scenes.

Judging by the Nick Aldis Chris Van Vleit interview, Mickie James could also be a contender for this.

Yeah all good points.

The only other one then that I can think to put forward that hasn't been mentioned is goldust/marlena.

Goldust debuted first but marlena was only a few months behind. She became an attraction in her own right especially with the pillman stuff in 97 but I wouldn't say she overshadowed him.

Big Pete

Referee
Yeah all good points.

The only other one then that I can think to put forward that hasn't been mentioned is goldust/marlena.

Goldust debuted first but marlena was only a few months behind. She became an attraction in her own right especially with the pillman stuff in 97 but I wouldn't say she overshadowed him.

They were actually on my original list before I decided to shorten it for the reason you gave at the end.

I don't think the women are useless either, it's just a trope in the WWE that buries their male talent.

Matt23

Staff member
The Rock's daughter just started at the performance centre, I think we can safely pencil her in for about 10 championship runs...

Big Pete

Referee
Goldberg vs. The Fiend at the next Sweet Saudi Blood Money event.

Thoughts?

It speaks to the larger issue of the Saudi shows and their quality or the lack there of They're glorified house shows with a Wrestlemania production budget and a roster that doesn't particularly want to work there. I can't imagine they draw a huge audience for the Network and by and large they hardly produce any memorable content.

Goldberg should have retired after Wrestlemania 33 and if he had to make a comeback to spike ratings it should have been done at the expense of a heel like Dolph Ziggler. I don't think this match does anything for The Fiend and I don't think fans really want Bill to comeback just to see him lose again.

So is Shayna Bazler a vampire now?

I considered it, but Lita debuted with Essa Rios who had just been repackaged after failed stints as Mr. Aguila and Papi Chulo. That belongs in it's own seperate category where they've added a valet to a group to give it an extra edge.

Speaking of Aguila though, it did remind me of Wrestlemania XIV which in turn reminded me of Sunny - another prominent example in more ways than one.

She probably belongs in her own seperate category alongside Terryn Terrell, Melina and Karen Angle - women who helped destroy a man's career behind the scenes.

Judging by the Nick Aldis Chris Van Vleit interview, Mickie James could also be a contender for this.
Wait, what?

Big Pete

Referee
So is Shayna Bazler a vampire now?

Wait, what?

It came out in the interview that the only reason Aldis didn't sign with the WWE is that because somebody with some power didn't want anything to do with him due to personal reasons. He left it vague, but it hasn't stopped fans from putting two and two together.

Raw has been very good since the Rumble, SD is pure Ebola now. Sad thing is they've fed the Fiend to Goldberg to sell Nostalgia at mania, and will probably book a match that doesn't need the title.

Big Pete

Referee
When the idea of Goldberg/Fiend was first floated, I thought Bill was just going over to give Bray the rub and collect his pay cheque. Then I saw their confrontation on SmackDown and I started to get the feeling that even at 53 years of age, Goldberg came across as a much bigger star. So I'm not surprised by this and as a Goldberg fan, I'm not even upset.

With that said, there is no way the crowd will get into Roman Reigns/Goldberg and the fans at the Raymond James Stadium are going to make the MSG 2004 crowd look tame by comparison. I don't think I've seen a response like this since Batista won the 2014 Royal Rumble.

mackdadday

Juniors
Jesus that match made Goldberg look every one of his 53 years old. His spears looked like he fell on Bray and knocked him over and that jackhammer..Weak as 53 day boiled cabbage.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Bunch of friends canceled the Network after last night.

I can't say there are any matches on the Mania card that have me thinking about resubbing, either.

I'm not jumping on the AEW bandwagon. I just want the WWE to not suck quite so much.

Raw has been very good since the Rumble, SD is pure Ebola now. Sad thing is they've fed the Fiend to Goldberg to sell Nostalgia at mania, and will probably book a match that doesn't need the title.
With SmackDown now being the top money show, that’s where Vince is going to spend most his time on. So it’s no surprise that Raw and SmackDown have swapped their traditional roles in the WWE world.

Big Pete

Referee
From the sounds of it, the WWE had the idea of going Roman/Fiend & Cena/Elias and came to the conclusion that it would make for a better card if they had Roman/Goldberg & Cena/Fiend.