What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WWE SuperThread II *Spoilers*

Big Pete

Referee
Daniel Bryan vs. Drew Gulak is one of the best matches I've seen in years and it virtually materialised out of thin air. Bryan has really made it a point to work a lot of the younger and under-appreciated talent so guys like Heavy Machinary, Ali, Gulak etc. have all had opportunities they otherwise wouldn't get.

A couple of the german suplexes Bryan took were nasty. One in particular looked like he tried to spin onto his feet but just landed right on his neck.

The women's elimination chamber was essentially a glorified squash for Shayna. Unfortunately Asuka was all banged up so we didn't really get an epic Shayna-Asuka showdown, but that's definitely a match they can go back to at a later date. I thought it was a really solid re-introduction of the Ruby and Sarah Logan before the Shayna interference and Liv took a nasty helicopter spin right into the cell which she sold like a champion.

Who knows where it leaves the division after Wrestlemania, but they've built Shayna as a worth adversary for Becky and I hope she beats her for the title. In hindsight, I wish Sasha Banks had have beaten Becky for the belt, I don't think the lengthy reign has done anyone any favours.

Seems a common theme for B pay per views these days but, the creative was uninspiring but the actual in ring action was very good.

To be honest I think that was he only way to book the women's chamber match. There wasn't really anyone else to put in there, and you don't build Bazler by having her have competitive back and fourths with the Riot Squad and Natalya.

Only booking I would change is I would have had Heavy Machinery or Roodolph go over. Otis vs Dolph is the best thing in WWE at the moment, so you may as well put the titles into the storyline.

Quick side note, when was the last ppv where neither world champion competed?

Valheru

Coach
The WWE really need to shorten their shows.

4 hours for a run of the mill B PPV is just way too long. Some of those matches were extended just to fill time to their detriment.

There is nothing wrong with a good old fashioned 3 hour PPV show. Mania should be the only one beyond that IMO at 4 hours.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
I enjoyed the Tag Team EC, albeit the order of entries were so predictable.
Gran Metallic was awesome! I really enjoyed the Lucha House Party (I can't believe I said that). The spot with Otis leading to Heavy Machinery exit was creative.

I was kind of expecting Dolph/Roode to win, to set up a Heavy Machinery/Dolph and Roode match at mania, and potentially Miz Vs Morrison although that would have been a shorter build. Interesting to see now if they defend their title at Mania, and against who

The womens match was just uncomfortable, there was one particular moment that just looked wrong with Liv Morgan. I'm sure you know what I mean if you watched it. Thing is, everyone knew Shayna was going to win, and after not pulling the trigger on her at the Rumble, if she DIDNT win at the Chamber, then what were she to do!? Realistically, you couldn't see any of the other women winning it.

I enjoyed the Tag Team EC, albeit the order of entries were so predictable.
Gran Metallic was awesome! I really enjoyed the Lucha House Party (I can't believe I said that). The spot with Otis leading to Heavy Machinery exit was creative.

I was kind of expecting Dolph/Roode to win, to set up a Heavy Machinery/Dolph and Roode match at mania, and potentially Miz Vs Morrison although that would have been a shorter build. Interesting to see now if they defend their title at Mania, and against who

The womens match was just uncomfortable, there was one particular moment that just looked wrong with Liv Morgan. I'm sure you know what I mean if you watched it. Thing is, everyone knew Shayna was going to win, and after not pulling the trigger on her at the Rumble, if she DIDNT win at the Chamber, then what were she to do!? Realistically, you couldn't see any of the other women winning it.

Shayna really should have won the rumble. Charlotte could just go to NXT and challenge Rhea. Have a chamber to see who faces Bayley as your SD women's division is much deeper (Sasha, Naomi, Sonya, Mandy, Nikki, Bliss, Dana, Carmella & Lacey), they could even do qualification matches so it's not jobbers thrown in due to a lack of options.

Valheru

Coach
Undoubtedly. It's surprising they haven't already made the call, given far bigger businesses have bitten the bullet and done the right thing already.

The date is right on the mark of when other sporting competitions hope to resume so they are probably keeping it out of hope.

Valheru

Coach
Just tuned in to Smackdown out of morbid interest.

Interesting to say the least watching an empty arena show.

Valheru

Coach
Apparently the city of Tampa is going to take the decision out of WWE's hands sooner than later.

The UFC is adamant it is still continuing so we may see Mania in a good old fashioned 15k arena somewhere.

Its bad enough the virus has killed the WWE franchise... but do they have to make things worse by putting Asuka in commentary for a dead match??? I mean seriously whats the point... she just screams nonsense in Japanese which no1 can understand, why even bother make things worse....

Latest posts