What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where Will Penrith Finish in 2020?

Where Will Penrith Finish in 2020?

• 1-4

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • 5-8

Votes: 23 54.8%
  • 9-12

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • 13-16

Votes: 3 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I can probably share it now

After he lost the fullback jersey last year he had a massive fight with Ivan all over him not wanting to play centre. He felt he deserved a better shot at fullback after Edwards got dropped. Ivan wanted a ball playing fullback, something he is clearly not. We desperately needed him in the centres at the time, he refused to play there.
It would have been very difficult for the pair to continue to have a working relationship at the club.
It was in both parties interests he explore other opportunities elsewhere.

That perhaps also explains the 'Tanya Harding' incident during a game last year before Dallin left too. :eek:

OldPanther

Coach
That perhaps also explains the 'Tanya Harding' incident during a game last year before Dallin left too. :eek:

Drawing a long bow with that one.
giphy.gif

betcats

Referee
I met dwz last year. He was very polite and seemed like a nice fellow. A charity thing.

Very powerful beast of a bloke. Ripping.

I think he kicked on at the dogs compared to what he was offering you. I hate it when a player is a mutt and then plays like a champion for a new side. it’s a bit unsettling.

But the honeymoon period is over and he has to go again this year. He’s set a high standard.

Against that, a guy like Moylan has never played as well for the sharks as he did for his local nrl club. He was a Comet I think.

This sitting on the sidelines with depression or whatever in key games for you looked a bit suspect to me. I don’t know whose fault that was, but he was still in his prime wasn’t he? Mmm.

It was a good call to ship him out but I’ve heard he is still well thought of down at Mamre rd.

Dallin is definitely a good guy, him refusing to play centre is easily the worst thing you will ever hear about him, I can confidently predict he will never have any kind of off field incident unless perhaps it involves defending a family member and getting into a situation. He’s a family man through and through.

Zampaa

Juniors
5th/6th.
People forget how close we came to the 8, despite the May distractions, Jimmy's Future distractions, having 3 high profile bums, in DWZ, Blake, and RCG doing f**k all in first grade. The new coach, and half a squad of rookies certainly wouldn't have helped either.

Without the distractions, with a new attacking coach, and with Naden, To'o, Martin, Chrighton, Burns, Leniu, and Kenny not being first season rookies anymore, and with a capable 9, we should improve a lot.

OldPanther

Coach
I was thinking this year would be a better year for quality of football but there's been a fair few pre-season injuries. Brandon Smith is now out for 4 - 6 weeks on top of the rest so we might get in just by being fit.

20200225_091410.jpg

mxlegend99

Referee
Thats rubbish mentaity, moylan as great as he was at the time, is only one player, tyrone Peachey could have covered his spot, as moylan had been missing thru injury and discipline issues too, had we stuck with another player at 5/8th instead of persisting with moylan, maybe we'd be a bit more stable as a team, too many problem childs assuming they owned their top17 jumper.
What you said has nothing to do with what I said? All I was saying was that for 3 years where we should have improved for varying reasons (experience, better pre-seasons, rookie jitters gone etc.) We ultimately stayed a 5th to 8th place team and made week 2 of the finals.

Maloney was supposed to improve us over that. But we ultimately finished exactly the same again... I mentioned Moylan because he was the bloke who eliminated us. No doubt if we kept him we finish in the same area on thetable and go out week 2 still.

franklin2323

Immortal
I was thinking this year would be a better year for quality of football but there's been a fair few pre-season injuries. Brandon Smith is now out for 4 - 6 weeks on top of the rest so we might get in just by being fit.

View attachment 36311

The younger guys will improve across the league. If the new rules do their effect of producing more open footy could be the best year for few seasons

franklin2323

Immortal
What you said has nothing to do with what I said? All I was saying was that for 3 years where we should have improved for varying reasons (experience, better pre-seasons, rookie jitters gone etc.) We ultimately stayed a 5th to 8th place team and made week 2 of the finals.

Maloney was supposed to improve us over that. But we ultimately finished exactly the same again... I mentioned Moylan because he was the bloke who eliminated us. No doubt if we kept him we finish in the same area on thetable and go out week 2 still.

We never fixed the inexperience though.

Blade23

Juniors
I rate DWZ as a centre not so a FB. Good luck to him but I don’t see him being in the top level of FB. Hard running only gets you so far

You really need to be a dynamic ball runner to survive today. Not many of them around.
The trouble with Dallin is he brings the ball back with gusto and occasionally he loses possession on the first carry.

Zampaa

Juniors
You really need to be a dynamic ball runner to survive today. Not many of them around.
The trouble with Dallin is he brings the ball back with gusto and occasionally he loses possession on the first carry.
It felt like it happened at least once a match with DWZ at the back, which is just unacceptable.

Kilkenny

Coach
I always felt DWZ was best suited to fullback but the back three balance was was better with Dylan at fullback who offered the same with DWZ and Mansour as the wingers.

All the talk about having a ball playing fullback is fine but you still need one that can bring the ball back 20 or so times a game and get you 200 metres or so. Dylan can do that for us and Caleb as well so I’m sure they will be the first choices until at least June 30 when things may change depending on how we are travelling.

franklin2323

Immortal
I always felt DWZ was best suited to fullback but the back three balance was was better with Dylan at fullback who offered the same with DWZ and Mansour as the wingers.

All the talk about having a ball playing fullback is fine but you still need one that can bring the ball back 20 or so times a game and get you 200 metres or so. Dylan can do that for us and Caleb as well so I’m sure they will be the first choices until at least June 30 when things may change depending on how we are travelling.

There is a reason they are rated in the bottom 5 or 6 fullbacks though. I don’t expect much improvement until we get speed or ball players back there

Kilkenny

Coach
There is a reason they are rated in the bottom 5 or 6 fullbacks though. I don’t expect much improvement until we get speed or ball players back there

Given Dylan’s form in the 2nd half of last season he is not in the bottom 5 or 6 fullbacks. He is better than that. I think we have very quickly forgotten how good he was and is capable of being. A large part of why we won games last season was what our back three delivered bringing the ball back from our own end. It is equally as important as what we do in the attacking third. I think we have a couple of decent young fullbacks in Laurie and Staines but they are not the finished product particularly Staines who needs a lot of work on his defence.

franklin2323

Immortal
Given Dylan’s form in the 2nd half of last season he is not in the bottom 5 or 6 fullbacks. He is better than that. I think we have very quickly forgotten how good he was and is capable of being. A large part of why we won games last season was what our back three delivered bringing the ball back from our own end. It is equally as important as what we do in the attacking third. I think we have a couple of decent young fullbacks in Laurie and Staines but they are not the finished product particularly Staines who needs a lot of work on his defence.

The back 3 did great in that part but also need to take some blame for how we went in the attacking 20. That is where we can get a balance better then we have now