What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where Will Penrith Finish in 2020?

Where Will Penrith Finish in 2020?

• 1-4

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • 5-8

Votes: 23 54.8%
  • 9-12

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • 13-16

Votes: 3 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fangs

Coach
I saw Douehi on the team list on Saturday but did he actually play? Big fullback signing was pretty much invisible out there.

Class finish for the Tigers only try, beautiful ball. I'd kill to see Edwards provide some of that this year.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I'll say top 4 if we work out our backline, and no key injuries (api or cleary) but otherwise we have a pretty solid squad and good depth pushing to take over if form fails the top 17, which there isn't much at other clubs regarding that, besides the Cowboys, and maybe Sharks. So if we are really getting our shitt together ......top 4

I am so with you........................................

I remember Edwards in his hey day, he was well above average.

Naden has explosive speed and his draw and pass was textbook. First rate threat against tired teams.

I don’t know what happened to dwz last year. I guess he’s never spoken about in polite conversations on Mulgoa rd.

MugaB

Coach
ultimately changed nothing... except Moylan eliminated us from the finals.
Thats rubbish mentaity, moylan as great as he was at the time, is only one player, tyrone Peachey could have covered his spot, as moylan had been missing thru injury and discipline issues too, had we stuck with another player at 5/8th instead of persisting with moylan, maybe we'd be a bit more stable as a team, too many problem childs assuming they owned their top17 jumper.

Last edited:

Blade23

Juniors
I don't think Dallin is on bad terms with the club, his brother is still here. That being said he was extremely unhappy last year.

I can probably share it now

After he lost the fullback jersey last year he had a massive fight with Ivan all over him not wanting to play centre. He felt he deserved a better shot at fullback after Edwards got dropped. Ivan wanted a ball playing fullback, something he is clearly not. We desperately needed him in the centres at the time, he refused to play there.
It would have been very difficult for the pair to continue to have a working relationship at the club.
It was in both parties interests he explore other opportunities elsewhere.

betcats

Referee

After he lost the fullback jersey last year he had a massive fight with Ivan all over him not wanting to play centre. He felt he deserved a better shot at fullback after Edwards got dropped. Ivan wanted a ball playing fullback, something he is clearly not. We desperately needed him in the centres at the time, he refused.
It would have been very difficult for the pair to continue to have a working relationship at the club.

Thanks for sharing. I’ve always been a dwz fan, talked him up as a gun fullback for years and I wanted him to get a better crack at it last season but you cannot just refuse to play where the coach wants you to play. It’s a team game, for better or worse the coach picks the team.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade

After he lost the fullback jersey last year he had a massive fight with Ivan all over him not wanting to play centre. He felt he deserved a better shot at fullback after Edwards got dropped. Ivan wanted a ball playing fullback, something he is clearly not. We desperately needed him in the centres at the time, he refused.

Thanks for the info. I'd heard that he's thrown his toys out of the cot over something, (I was not made aware of what it was)

Maybe a case of youthful confidence (in his own ability). I'd also heard that he had 'tickets on himself' after captaining the kiwis. I have no idea whether this was true or not, but it did seem to affect the way he was playing for the club.

It's sad him being a local junior and all. But stuff does happen I suppose.

You do you think will get the gig at fullback now that Dyl has gone down. Has Laurie impressed enough to gain a full time contract or will Aekins be the next cab off the rank when the counting is done no matter what.

Blade23

Juniors
You do you think will get the gig at fullback now that Dyl has gone down. Has Laurie impressed enough to gain a full time contract or will Aekins be the next cab off the rank when the counting is done no matter what.

When Edwards went down Aekins was the favourite.
I think Crichton's stint gave Ivan some serious thought last week.
Still probably Aikens if he is competent enough this weekend.

I met dwz last year. He was very polite and seemed like a nice fellow. A charity thing.

Very powerful beast of a bloke. Ripping.

I think he kicked on at the dogs compared to what he was offering you. I hate it when a player is a mutt and then plays like a champion for a new side. it’s a bit unsettling.

But the honeymoon period is over and he has to go again this year. He’s set a high standard.

Against that, a guy like Moylan has never played as well for the sharks as he did for his local nrl club. He was a Comet I think.

This sitting on the sidelines with depression or whatever in key games for you looked a bit suspect to me. I don’t know whose fault that was, but he was still in his prime wasn’t he? Mmm.

It was a good call to ship him out but I’ve heard he is still well thought of down at Mamre rd.

OldPanther

Coach
I met dwz last year. He was very polite and seemed like a nice fellow. A charity thing.

Very powerful beast of a bloke. Ripping.

I think he kicked on at the dogs compared to what he was offering you. I hate it when a player is a mutt and then plays like a champion for a new side. it’s a bit unsettling.

But the honeymoon period is over and he has to go again this year. He’s set a high standard.

Against that, a guy like Moylan has never played as well for the sharks as he did for his local nrl club. He was a Comet I think.

This sitting on the sidelines with depression or whatever in key games for you looked a bit suspect to me.

It was a good call to ship him out but I’ve heard he is still well thought of down at Mamre rd.

A lot of players begrudge positional decisions. A coach has to do what he thinks is right though. That's the burden of leadership.

John Hamblin

Juniors

After he lost the fullback jersey last year he had a massive fight with Ivan all over him not wanting to play centre. He felt he deserved a better shot at fullback after Edwards got dropped. Ivan wanted a ball playing fullback, something he is clearly not. We desperately needed him in the centres at the time, he refused to play there.

Thanks for clearing that up. I remember in the 20s DWZ was fullback and Edwards on the wing, However as you said its where the coach wants the player and many players will do whats best for the team

franklin2323

Immortal
A lot of players begrudge positional decisions. A coach has to do what he thinks is right though. That's the burden of leadership.

A ball playing fullback is one thing we desperately need. I agree with Ivan there which is even stranger Laurie isn’t in the 30 man squad

franklin2323

Immortal

I rate DWZ as a centre not so a FB. Good luck to him but I don’t see him being in the top level of FB. Hard running only gets you so far