What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where Will Penrith Finish in 2020?

Where Will Penrith Finish in 2020?

• 1-4

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • 5-8

Votes: 23 54.8%
  • 9-12

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • 13-16

Votes: 3 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kilkenny

Coach
The back 3 did great in that part but also need to take some blame for how we went in the attacking 20. That is where we can get a balance better then we have now

I don’t agree with that. Once you get into your opponent’s 20 it is all about the playmakers, structure and offensive plays. Maybe a ball playing fullback can contribute something but the wingers are just there to finish.

Abacus

Juniors
I don’t agree with that. Once you get into your opponent’s 20 it is all about the playmakers, structure and offensive plays. Maybe a ball playing fullback can contribute something but the wingers are just there to finish.
Tbf, we saw Mansour overrun a few passes and bomb tries as a result.

franklin2323

Immortal

Teams lineup all the same.

Wingers, Centres, edge backrower etc you need either wingers that can score in impossible situations or a fullback that can come around and make the extra man.

To’o I would say can do the impossible. Mansour no and certainly having seen a fullback then can come into the line yet

Kilkenny

Coach
Teams lineup all the same.

Wingers, Centres, edge backrower etc you need either wingers that can score in impossible situations or a fullback that can come around and make the extra man.

To’o I would say can do the impossible. Mansour no and certainly having seen a fullback then can come into the line yet

Did you actually watch our structures in our opponents 20 metres zone last season.

Seriously we could have had Billy Slater or James Tedesco as our fullback and it would not have made one iota of difference we were that poor.

Anyway this season is an entirely different season so here’s hoping Trent Barrett can offer something different.

MugaB

Coach
What you said has nothing to do with what I said? All I was saying was that for 3 years where we should have improved for varying reasons (experience, better pre-seasons, rookie jitters gone etc.) We ultimately stayed a 5th to 8th place team and made week 2 of the finals.

Maloney was supposed to improve us over that. But we ultimately finished exactly the same again... I mentioned Moylan because he was the bloke who eliminated us. No doubt if we kept him we finish in the same area on thetable and go out week 2 still.
I agree with all that you said, except for our reliance on matty moylan, we should have been better as a team without him, and as a team we would have gone further into the finals that we did in that year, problem was he didn't play and we now say that was why we lost, which i say is rubbish, we lost because we thought we needed him specifically, and used that as an excuse, im glad he got sidelined, shows our weakness, anyone of our nswcup "tyrones" at the time could have filled into the backline to cover for him, we should have gone further than we did.

OldPanther

Coach
I agree with all that you said, except for our reliance on matty moylan, we should have been better as a team without him, and as a team we would have gone further into the finals that we did in that year, problem was he didn't play and we now say that was why we lost, which i say is rubbish, we lost because we thought we needed him specifically, and used that as an excuse, im glad he got sidelined, shows our weakness, anyone of our nswcup "tyrones" at the time could have filled into the backline to cover for him, we should have gone further than we did.

He's talking about the fact the Sharks beat us in 2018 when mentioning Moylan there.

franklin2323

Immortal
Did you actually watch our structures in our opponents 20 metres zone last season.

Seriously we could have had Billy Slater or James Tedesco as our fullback and it would not have made one iota of difference we were that poor.

Anyway this season is an entirely different season so here’s hoping Trent Barrett can offer something different.

Well Moylan seemed to go well in Ivan structured team

betcats

Referee
They were a better team then us though

Not by much, the times we played them that year the difference was Moylan, he was beating us on his own pretty much, there was one game in particular we were all over them maybe the finals game, dominating their forwards and field position but Moylan came up with a big play near the end to put it away.

Dave's mate

Juniors
Not by much, the times we played them that year the difference was Moylan, he was beating us on his own pretty much, there was one game in particular we were all over them maybe the finals game, dominating their forwards and field position but Moylan came up with a big play near the end to put it away.
Good player that Moylan fella

franklin2323

Immortal

We did dumb stuff which hurt us more then them do something good.

Look at the semi they have no bench. We get it back to 16-12 with plenty of time left. RCG drops it on the 2nd bringing it back off the kickoff. Last tackle give away a penalty. 18-12. Get it too 18all absolutely murder a few chances to take the 1.

It was the story every time we played a good side made it look bad for the loss but was often dumb stuff

OldPanther

Coach
Nope i didn't, and my name is MugaB
Like mitchell pierce's favorite idol

Yes you did. You're comment is about the year Moylan didn't play finals for us(2017) MX was talking about the year he played for the Sharks and eliminated us(2018). I know what your name is.

MugaB

Coach
Yes you did. You're comment is about the year Moylan didn't play finals for us(2017) MX was talking about the year he played for the Sharks and eliminated us(2018). I know what your name is.
Well if you know my name use it properly, and if mxlegend99 meant that moylan eliminated us "in 2018" by himself without 12 other cronulla sharks on the field then yes i didn't get the drift, but i read it as moylan eliminated us, thus didn't play in the finals 2017 due to being his sooky self, and leaving us 5/8thless, which realistically what was written, no one mentioned which finals, or which team matty was contracted to regarding elimination,
Screenshot_20200226-120310_Files.jpg
and when we were at the SFS 2018 we destroyed ourselves and Townsend and Lewis turned us over and went for seconds.

ACTPanthers

Bench
What kind of self entitled dickhead gets up in arms that his full username isn't used...?

Having some posters on ignore is brilliant. Even more so when, every now and then, I click the Show Ignored Content button and laugh at the absolute stupidity from some of the posters in here.

MugaB

Coach
What kind of self entitled dickhead gets up in arms that his full username isn't used...?

Having some posters on ignore is brilliant. Even more so when, every now and then, I click the Show Ignored Content button and laugh at the absolute stupidity from some of the posters in here.
The same ones that cry, when tetevano gets signed,

geez i hope you stay ignoring me, coz its wonderful not hearing u bitch on all these threads after every Tyrone May or Tetevano, or Tyrone Philips story

Last edited: