What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trial vs Panthers - 4pm Sat 29 Feb 2020 - Bega Recreation Ground

hindy111

Post Whore
First of all it's a trial.
Do you think Fergo or MJ give a shit about this? Let's be honest they prob think about final matches as giving it there all. Even NRL games would be hard to give 100%. Perhaps 90% in normal NRL games.
In a trial your Joe blows give 100%. Not your seasoned first graders.
People with any Brian's no this.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Do you think Fergo or MJ give a shit about this? Let's be honest they prob think about final matches as giving it there all. Even NRL games would be hard to give 100%. Perhaps 90% in normal NRL games.

I don't have any Brians in my family....

but me have no brian’s

TIGER14

Bench

Does Brian To'o "no" this?

Eelementary

Post Whore
really ? I thought panthers killed us when the two teams were at full strength

I didn't.

Metres gained were even throughout the game, and despite the territory advantage that the Panthers enjoyed, they managed to score only 4 tries.

I'm not saying we were perfect, and I'm not saying we will be leaving the Storm, Roosters, Sea Eagles, etc. shaking in their boots after this performance, but we matched the Penrith pack, imo, and had no injuries - so I am happy.

TheParraboy

Staff member
I didn't.

Metres gained were even throughout the game, and despite the territory advantage that the Panthers enjoyed, they managed to score only 4 tries.

I'm not saying we were perfect, and I'm not saying we will be leaving the Storm, Roosters, Sea Eagles, etc. shaking in their boots after this performance, but we matched the Penrith pack, imo, and had no injuries - so I am happy.

Agree

Decent hit out. No injuries

Cut out the unforced errors, we will be hard to beat

Its a long season

Hindmarshisgod2

Juniors
You would think they have had no preseason the way they played today. They look very underdone.

I'd put my money down for a 13plus shallacking by the dogs next Thursday.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Agree

Decent hit out. No injuries

Cut out the unforced errors, we will be hard to beat

Its a long season

Absolutely, mate.

And we mustn't forget - Dylan Brown hasn't played footy in a long, long time.

The longer the game went on, the better he looked.

Lane, Paulo, and Matterson didn't offload too much - probably on purpose, because it's the ace up our sleeves, so to speak.

I think we did well.

Also, Oregon Kaufusi was immense, I thought. What a year he is set to have.

Suitman

Post Whore
It's a trial.
Trial form from every team has always been average for as long as I can remember.
It's amusing how seriously so many take matches like this.
I enjoyed it for the spectacle, the chance to see the Eels in action, the chance to see some of our back up squad and the fact that it gave the local community a huge boost this afternoon.
Great effort from all involved to take this game to Bega.

Gronk

Staff member
It's a trial.
Trial form from every team has always been average for as long as I can remember.
It's amusing how seriously so many take matches like this.
I enjoyed it for the spectacle, the chance to see the Eels in action, the chance to see some of our back up squad and the fact that it gave the local community a huge boost this afternoon.
Great effort from all involved to take this game to Bega.
I’m surprised the usual suspects haven’t bumped the Do you want Brad Arthur as Coach ? thread. :joy: