What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rnd 1 2020 Eels v Dogs BankWest Stadium - Game Day Thread

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Lol Nrown is getting hate and Gutho praise....Gutho had an absolute f**king mare

Good thing he's got the motor to stay in the game and involved so often that he can still pull off a couple of good plays in an abject shocker.
I was critical of both, they killed our attack all night. It was like Gallen and Wobbie in Origin all over again.

strider

Post Whore
He made so many dumb errors I'm not sure what else you could call it tbh.

Would anyone be disagreeing if the Dogs had scored off his penalty mare in the in goal and won the game? Doubtful.

I love the bloke but seriously he had a bad game by most standards, let alone his own.
Absolute horse shit

The challenge was entirely RCG's fault .... the captain backed his teammate and it went to shit. To blame him solely for that is plain wrong

Yeah he dropped thw ball, so did yalf the team

His energy drives the team

hineyrulz

Post Whore
He also ran for 183m and was probably our most likely in attack. Was he perfect, no. Did he have a “mare”? Absolutely not.
Guth is the Gallen of fullbacks, one time he was in space and had Sivo unmarked on his outside and as usual he went himself and the play broke down and we had a shockingly slow play the ball that lead to a shit 5th tackle kick under pressure. I know he's the coaches pet but he has to use his wingers much more when we have some space.

Bazal

Post Whore
Absolute horse shit

The challenge was entirely RCG's fault .... the captain backed his teammate and it went to shit. To blame him solely for that is plain wrong

Well you might note that I also stated it's pretty good that he can do all that absolutely shocking dumb shit and still stay involved enough to have a positive impact on the game.

Plenty wouldn't.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Guth is the Gallen of fullbacks, one time he was in space and had Sivo unmarked on his outside and as usual he went himself and the play broke down and we had a shockingly slow play the ball that lead to a shit 5th tackle kick under pressure. I know he's the coaches pet but he has to use his wingers much more when we have some space.
...and yet he found himself in space. More than I can say for most of the team in attack. He decided to play the percentages and with our horrendous completion rate, I can’t blame him for that. Sometimes a quick play the ball is better than pushing the pass. Just ask the dogs late in the second half.

strider

Post Whore
Well you might note that I also stated it's pretty good that he can do all that absolutely shocking dumb shit and still stay involved enough to have a positive impact on the game.

Plenty wouldn't.
How can you say someone has had a shocker and a positive impact ..... sorry but that makes no sense .... you are wedging a fence pailing right up your arse

Bazal

Post Whore
How can you say someone has had a shocker and a positive impact ..... sorry but that makes no sense .... you are wedging a fence pailing right up your arse

Because the game wound up 8-2, and was a stinker?

One positive play can turn that game (and did, just about). It's pretty obvious. Moses had a pretty poor game as well, does that mean his kick for the try wasn't a positive play and didn't have a positive impact?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
...and yet he found himself in space. More than I can say for most of the team in attack. He decided to play the percentages and with our horrendous completion rate, I can’t blame him for that. Sometimes a quick play the ball is better than pushing the pass. Just ask the dogs late in the second half.
How often does he get a quick play the ball??? Same goes for the Handbrake. It's up to the coach to grow a pair and tell them it's a team game.\

strider

Post Whore
Because the game wound up 8-2, and was a stinker?

One positive play can turn that game (and did, just about). It's pretty obvious. Moses had a pretty poor game as well, does that mean his kick for the try wasn't a positive play and didn't have a positive impact?
Whatever .... to say he had a shocker is ridiculous

Gronk

Staff member
So who is blowing up about who and who is today's scapegoat please.

Executive summary someone? :thumbsup:

Soto

Bench
Absolute horse shit

Certainly not his best game but can't deny two ripper tackles, one on DWZ after he burst through and the other straight after to stem their attack allowing our players to get back onside and reset.
Also some good stong carries towards the end of the game.
I think he is maturing more as a captain and leader.
Could see he was also having a running battle with Atkins particularly in the 1st half... Atkins the new Bill Harrigan....too much of a chip on his shoulder..

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I agree Gutherson often hogs the ball too much, especially when there's an opportunity to pass it to someone better. But tonight I thought he was very good. It was the right game for tucking the ball under the arm and taking some punishment.

hindy111

Post Whore
The eels are poorly coached and you all are dreaming if you believe that Brad Arthur can win the premiership.

He has recruited a premiership winning team, I give him that, but he cannot lead this team to glory.

They just dont have, and never have had that professional feel and sharpness in their game, the way the top sides have. It feels like BA is trying to be mates with them.

Just my opinion.

Is the team that good or are people overhyping two rookies in Mahoney had D.Brown.
Guth is solid but hardly elite.

Latest posts