What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rnd 1 2020 Eels v Dogs BankWest Stadium - Game Day Thread

T-Boon

Coach
How many times were we penalised for pressuring the kicker?

They have to get rid of that rule that the penalty is where the ball lands. I mean, could we do more to reward the boring style of play these coaches want?

Get to the last, bomb from half way, repeat.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
By 'boring style' I assume you mean lack of risk taking. The problem is the rules have always punished mistakes. Unlike in soccer or AFL where if you lose control of the ball you have a good chance of regaining it, in rugby league possession is handed to the opposition and you have to wait for them to make a mistake. Even trying to force the error carries the risk of a penalty.

T-Boon

Coach
By 'boring style' I assume you mean lack of risk taking. The problem is the rules have always punished mistakes. Unlike in soccer or AFL where if you lose control of the ball you have a good chance of regaining it, in rugby league possession is handed to the opposition and you have to wait for them to make a mistake. Even trying to force the error carries the risk of a penalty.

Yes. We need to be thankful that the referees are out there creating red zone opportunities with the whistle. The refs are essentially the play makers in the game as things are now.

T.S Quint

Coach
We won, so I’m happy.
We beat the dogs, so I’m extra happy.

There were so many forward passes in that game I was beginning to believe they are now allowed until they finally called one.

Fergo being charged for tripping is f**king ridiculous. The refs did the right thing by not penalising him on the field because they could see he never moved his leg after it was planted. Not his fault the Dogs player ran into him.
Parra won’t fight it because it’s an easy fine to pay, but if they did they could easily win the challenge.

hindy111

Post Whore
After watching game in Tv I felt like it was a ferocious game of leave with two teams giving it everything. Effort alone like that will make the finals.
Other sides so far seemed to lack same passion.